Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much difference will Humphries make?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much difference will Humphries make?

Will Ian Humphries make Leicester a different proposition to the team we played at Welford?

Watching them against Cardiff he seemed to bring them a degree of fluency in their back play that they didn't have against us.

My suspiscion is that givin them anywhere near the amount of ball we gave them in Leicester could make it a very tough afternoon.
    "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

I think he will choke myself...and remember over there,they went for Burke...so any1 would be an improvement on him these days...but if Hump Jr does do well I'll be pleased as God knows Ireland needs backup 10......
    Seas suas agus troid!

Comment

He will certainly be more of an attacking threat than Paul Burke was. Our players knew Burkey's game inside and out which is a major advantage.

My computer thinks I'm gay
      What's the difference anyway
      When all the people do all day
      Is stare into a phone

Comment

I though IH was injured?

Comment

He's still prone to the occasional meltdown when the pressure's on. He also can't tackle, so I expect Wally and Leamy to target him all day.

That said, if he plays well and gets a decent supply of ball, their backline will be very dangerous cos he knows how to get them moving. It's important he gets hit hard, early and often to make sure he never gets into his stride.

Comment

Ialso expect him to choke. I know that when he was U18, he refused to play in a friendly match for his school, Ballymena Academy, against Rockwell College due to the presence on the Rockwell team of a certain player who now wears theMunster No.8 jersey. He had been hit hard by Leamy in a Schools Interpro and did not want to experience that again. I doubt Leamy will have forgotten, and Humphreys certainly won't be aloud to forget when he he gets hit hard, but fairly, by Leamy and Wallace. Humphreys may have grown up alot and matured since then, but it's very hard to regain the upper hand over the opposition in such circumstances. Look at the way Munster regularly manage to get at Contepomi. Munster will definitely see the Leicester 10 as a weak link. Humphreys for the above reasons and his lack of experience, Burke for his relatively small boot and weak defense.

Comment

Hasn't he got a hamstring problem? If he starts, he may not make the full 80 anyway.
              Hope Not Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled in D4

Ialso expect him to choke. I know that when he was U18, he refused to play in a friendly match for his school, Ballymena Academy, against Rockwell College due to the presence on the Rockwell team of a certain player who now wears theMunster No.8 jersey. He had been hit hard by Leamy in a Schools Interpro and did not want to experience that again.

A Munster - Todgers schools "friendly" with a Munster ref? Hard to blame him really - I'll bet he's got lots of A levels as he's clearly quite intelligent! [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Game was played in Ulster OD, so I would presume it was an Ulster ref. Matt McCullough wascaptain of thatBallymena Academyteam and did play that day.

Comment

if he does do well and becomes the favoured number 10 for leicester its another english player on the bench for their club.

"Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

forget him its the scum 8 and fijian? fatboy on the wing we need to beat

and maybe gibson

If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Comment

God almight MF, you've been in England for far too long, all that chavball-style talk [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
                        For you stole Trevelyan\'s watch, So the young might see....oh, never mind....

Comment

i just wanted the watching leicester fans to understand me TCK[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]
                          If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Comment

Does this not qualify as a discussion about a Munster match?
                            "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Working...
                            X