Bertie at Leicester game ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bertie at Leicester game ??

Apologies if this is already in a previous post. I believe there is no business him going to the game. For years and years, Munster Rugby andits fans have been travelling all over Europe making a name and a reputation for themselves that is envied thorughout rugby circles, and for all the right reasons imo. The fact that there have been so many unique sporting occasions over the years to be proud of, many highs and lows, but always hugely sporting ones. I've never seen or heard Bertie mention Munster or go to a game ( I'm open to correction), but I just find this a complete joke and "glory-hunting" of the highest order. I'm not an advocate of booing, however I do hope the crowd demonstrates their view on genuine fans being robbed of tickets for voting-hunting idiots. I dont see any politician championing fans cases for cheaper travel to away games despite being ripped off left, right and centre on a regular basis. Maybe their energies would be better spent on seomthing worthwhile like this. I despair at the plans for Sat involving any politician ....

On a brighter note, I hope the record remains intact and the satdium that has brought such joy over the years gets its deserved place in the history books and gets gets the send off it deserves with a brilliant Munster win on Saturday - Allez les Rouges !!!

Originally posted by aldepal

Apologies if this is already in a previous post. I believe there is no business him going to the game. For years and years, Munster Rugby andits fans have been travelling all over Europe making a name and a reputation for themselves that is envied thorughout rugby circles, and for all the right reasons imo. The fact that there have been so many unique sporting occasions over the years to be proud of, many highs and lows, but always hugely sporting ones. I've never seen or heard Bertie mention Munster or go to a game ( I'm open to correction), but I just find this a complete joke and "glory-hunting" of the highest order. I'm not an advocate of booing, however I do hope the crowd demonstrates their view on genuine fans being robbed of tickets for voting-hunting idiots. I dont see any politician championing fans cases for cheaper travel to away games despite being ripped off left, right and centre on a regular basis. Maybe their energies would be better spent on seomthing worthwhile like this. I despair at the plans for Sat involving any politician ....

On a brighter note, I hope the record remains intact and the satdium that has brought such joy over the years gets its deserved place in the history books and gets gets the send off it deserves with a brilliant Munster win on Saturday - Allez les Rouges !!!

Dont forget that the Government never put the Heineken Cup "free to air" so he's sitting inside watching the match while the ordinary decent supporter cant even watch it on the tv. I for one am bringing rotten fruit to throw at him

Comment

Apparently he was invited by the Munster branch so maybe take it up with them?<!-
      var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
      var SymReal;

Sym()
      {
      window.open = SymWinOpen;
      if(SymReal != null)
      SymReal();
      }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
      {
      if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
      SymReal&#079;nLoad();
      window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
      SymReal = window.;
      window. = Sym;
      }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
      window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

Comment

Makes my blood boil, that clown can go to matches, appear on TV to discuss soccer but will he do an interview with a proper journalist where he gets asked difficult questions? Plenty of photo ops, soundbites and his sheeps eys performance with Dobbo though.

I don't have a ticket to the game and am unlikely to get one, but if I wasthere I'd boo the fecker..........

Comment

Originally posted by blackandwhite

Makes my blood boil, that clown can go to matches, appear on TV to discuss soccer but will he do an interview with a proper journalist where he gets asked difficult questions? Plenty of photo ops, soundbites and his sheeps eys performance with Dobbo though.

I don't have a ticket to the game and am unlikely to get one, but if I wasthere I'd boo the fecker..........
          Think you summed up theopportunistic free loading bum to perfection.And the rotten fruit is a good idea too(not in the grounds of course)
          Stay cool .None of us are in the brain trust,right!

Comment

how many threads are we going to have on this?
            g\'wan bruff!!

``The answer is not heavy- handed regulations that crush the entrepreneurial spirit and risk- taking of American capitalism. That\'s what\'s made our economy great.\"
            -Barack Obama

\"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics\"
            -thomas sowell

Comment

Originally posted by bruffian
              how many threads are we going to have on this?

Good question. It's interesting that Bertie's appearance is annoying so many posters. Maybe your swimming against the flow bruffian[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]
              Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

I wonder if Bruffian is going to TP tomorrow. If so, I've some good news for the TP housekeeping staff - there'sno need to put any bog roll in the VIP jacks, because Bruffian willgladly lick Bertie's arse all afternoon.

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

"how many threads are we going to have on this? "

Ya its getting ridiculous at this stage, people should leave the politics aside and voice their opinions in the polling stations next May.

Comment

If Bertie gives us an €Xm grant for the new stadium then its the most touted ticket in the history of the Thomnd Park so why not?

Comment

I reckon we have more important things to worry about then the rights and wrongs of Bertie being there.
                      \"Golf is a game for c**ts\" Ronnie Drew

Comment

Originally posted by Skyhawk

Ya its getting ridiculous at this stage, people should leave the politics aside and voice their opinions in the polling stations next May. Disagree; you're missing the point, seee below....

This makes my blood boil. Bertie is jumping on the bandwagon AND he's using up a space that would be much better occupied by a genuine Munster supporter. He is the one bringing politics into sport. Actually he's bring his own re-election roadshow to our Munster games. If you want politics out of it (like I do), may I suggest you notify the office of the Taoiseach/FF head office and inform them that Thomond park during an important game is not the place to be running your re-election campaign from. The bulls**t about being invited is just that - MB were contacted by a mandarin and then issued the 'invitation'; That's just the way that politics works here.

Where was Bertie last year during our CL games? Actually how many of tomorrow's crowd will have attended ANY CL games this season. No wonder most of my mates can't get tickets when we have this nonsense going on.

Comment

Originally posted by wildRover

If Bertie gives us an €Xm grant for the new stadium then its the most touted ticket in the history of the Thomnd Park so why not?

Very true WR and he shouldn't get any votes out of us in return for a grant. He got a ticket, that should be enough.[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy
                            Originally posted by wildRover

Very true WR and he shouldn't get any votes out of us in return for a grant. He got a ticket, that should be enough.[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Giving us the Rugby following public our own money back and then expecting us to say ,sur isn't he a grand aul fella all the same an hismunny problems an all.Oh Godarethe Bertand his handlers really that stupidly cynical.[img]smileys/smiley38.gif[/img]

Stay cool .None of us are in the brain trust,right!

Comment

Originally posted by mike11
                              Originally posted by Skyhawk

Ya its getting ridiculous at this stage, people should leave the politics aside and voice their opinions in the polling stations next May. Disagree; you're missing the point, seee below....

This makes my blood boil. Bertie is jumping on the bandwagon AND he's using up a space that would be much better occupied by a genuine Munster supporter. He is the one bringing politics into sport. Actually he's bring his own re-election roadshow to our Munster games. If you want politics out of it (like I do), may I suggest you notify the office of the Taoiseach/FF head office and inform them that Thomond park during an important game is not the place to be running your re-election campaign from. The bulls**t about being invited is just that - MB were contacted by a mandarin and then issued the 'invitation'; That's just the way that politics works here.

Where was Bertie last year during our CL games? Actually how many of tomorrow's crowd will have attended ANY CL games this season. No wonder most of my mates can't get tickets when we have this nonsense going on.

Well said Mike11. [img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X