Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Julien Pierre (Bourgoin 2nd row) Cited

http://ercrugby.com/eng/12_6332.php

<t></t><table summary="Layout table" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><t><tr><td>
    </td></tr><tr><td>
    </td></tr><tr><td>
    </td></tr><tr><td>
    </td></tr>
    <tr><td>Julien Pierre, the Bourgoin second row forward,
    is due to appear before an independent Disciplinary Committee in Dublin
    on Wednesday, 24 January, 2007 as a result of a citing arising from the
    Round 5 Heineken Cup Pool 4 match against Munster at Stade de Geneve,
    Switzerlandon Sunday, 14 January.

The citing lodged by the Citing
    Commissioner for the match, Matt Bayliss (England), was for alleged
    dangerous play in a ruck - contravention of Law 10.4 (i).

The
    independent Disciplinary Committee will be chaired by Professor Lorne
    Crerar (Scotland) and also comprise Aurwell Morgan (Wales) and Peter
    Brown (Scotland).

Law 10.4 (i). - Dangerous play in a ruck.</td></tr></t></table><!-
    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
    var SymReal;

Sym()
    {
    window.open = SymWinOpen;
    if(SymReal != null)
    SymReal();
    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
    {
    if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
    SymReal&#079;nLoad();
    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
    SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

<!-
    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
    var SymReal;

Sym()
    {
    window.open = SymWinOpen;
    if(SymReal != null)
    SymReal();
    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
    {
    if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
    SymReal&#079;nLoad();
    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
    SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

Assume this was the double knee drop on Donncha's back ?

Comment

He'll get off with a one-week suspension.
      Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner
        He'll get off with a one-week suspension.
        Unless he gets the Munster Branch and their Medical Expert Dr Stevie Wonder to represent him, then they'll insist the hearing be last december and he'll get 6 weeks

Comment

Jamie Forrester was cleared by RFUof what sounds like a similar incident and the victim faces 2 months out injured. Allforrester missed was gloucester's game against agen last weekend while awaiting his hearing.

It'll be interested to see how the ERC's version of discipline compares with that of the RFU in light of the recent quinlan and grewcock cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Cling Cling

Jamie Forrester was cleared by RFUof what sounds like a similar incident and the victim faces 2 months out injured. Allforrester missed was gloucester's game against agen last weekend while awaiting his hearing.

It'll be interested to see how the ERC's version of discipline compares with that of the RFU in light of the recent quinlan and grewcock cases.

The difference between the two cases was explained in detail by Brendan Fanning in last Sunday's "Independent". Ultimately the cock-up was entirely of the Munster Brains Trust's making (no surprise there).

Unfortunately the article has lots of words and very few pictures, so you might notbe able to understand it if I posted it up.

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Correct O.D. but no need for the sarcasm.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog
                Originally posted by Cling Cling

The difference between the two cases was explained in detail by Brendan Fanning in last Sunday's "Independent". Ultimately the cock-up was entirely of the Munster Brains Trust's making (no surprise there).

Unfortunately the article has lots of words and very few pictures, so you might notbe able to understand it if I posted it up.

Thank you so much OD for showing me the errors of my ways. Last bit a bit OTT but you're right, there were a lot of words in that article. Now where's my Anne &amp; Barry book gone......

Comment

Originally posted by Dermot G

Perhaps not Dermot, but the fact is that I'm fed up to the back teeth of this site - since its re-launch it hasbecome little more than amoan-in site for Munster rugby paranoiacs.Whinge, whine, moanand grumble is the flavour of the day. All too often, it's like reading an online version of the Joe Duffy show.

I'll give credit to Anthony Foley for one thing (or two, if one includes his rugby excellence) - when he described Munster Rugby as being based on bitterness, he was 100%on the money, if the posts here are anything to go by.

Well, that's my tuppence worth. I greatly miss the banter and fun on the old site and can't stomach theonanistic crap that has (largely) replaced it.(Through no fault of Oz's or Point's, let me hastily add - the new site is great, but the quality of much of the content has significantly declined.)

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog

Originally posted by Dermot G

Perhaps not Dermot, but the fact is that I'm fed up to the back teeth of this site - since its re-launch it hasbecome little more than amoan-in site for Munster rugby paranoiacs.Whinge, whine, moanand grumble is the flavour of the day. All too often, it's like reading an online version of the Joe Duffy show.

I'll give credit to Anthony Foley for one thing (or two, if one includes his rugby excellence) - when he described Munster Rugby as being based on bitterness, he was 100%on the money, if the posts here are anything to go by.

Well, that's my tuppence worth. I greatly miss the banter and fun on the old site and can't stomach theonanistic crap that has (largely) replaced it.(Through no fault of Oz's or Point's, let me hastily add - the new site is great, but the quality of much of the content has significantly declined.)

Tend to agree OD to many chips on shoulders walking around altogether. Most posters appear to rear up at a shadow..................
                    Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

is there a link totheBrendan Fanning article in last Sunday's "Independent"?

Comment

Sorry for your troubles OD.

Were you served a flat pint last night?

Comment

Onanistic - masturbatory - had to look it up, much classier than calling someone a wnaker.

OD, I must say your posting is getting more entertaining by the day. I agree with you and Axel about the bitterness, but do you think that this is why you feel at home on this site.?????

Comment

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%">
                            <T>
                            <TR>
                            <TD background=/images/tile3.jpg>Quinlan case was handled in correct manner</TD></TR>
                            <TR>
                            <TD></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
                            <TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%">
                            <T>
                            <TR>
                            <TD>
                            <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=50 align=right>
                            <T>
                            <TR>
                            <TD>
                            <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=center>
                            <T>
                            <TR>
                            <TD>
                            <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 align=right>
                            <T>
                            <TR>
                            <TD align=middle>ADVERTISEMENT

< = src="http://as1.falkag.de/sel?cmd=jsc&amp;&amp;dat=149416&amp;xl=250&amp;yl= 250&amp;opt=0" =text/>
                            <NO><a href="http://as1.falkag.de/sel?cmd=lnk&&dat=149416&opt=0" target="_blank" target="_blank"></NO></TD></TR></T></TABLE></TD></TR></T></TABLE></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

IF you tuned into the sports news on Pat Kenny's radio show last Wednesday, you might have tuned out again a few minutes later believing that the world was agin us.

For the previous few minutes, Kenny and RTE rugby commentator Michael Corcoran had been railing against the decision by the ERC not to reduce the six-week ban on Munster's Alan Quinlan for stamping. Eventually Pat arrived at a populist conclusion. "It stinks," he said.

The same day, IRUPA chief executive Niall Woods went in to bat on Quinlan's behalf. He tore strips off the establishment for the inconsistency of their judgements on disciplinary issues. How on earth, for example, could Quinlan get six weeks and Danny Grewcock get just one, and both for stamping offences? The players, he said, had lost faith in the system.

Later that afternoon, Munster held a press conference in Cork. And just when you expected them to add another gallon of kerosene to the mix, Declan Kidney reached for the fire extinguisher. With good reason.

There were two critical factors working against Quinlan, one which has been virtually ignored in the hysteria of last week, and one that in many quarters has been glossed over. The first is that he was judged under different regulations to those that obtained when Grewcock, or indeed Lee Mears, who also got a week for a stamping offence, was up before the beak.

On December 28, the IRB announced new regulations dealing with foul play. Their effect was to allow for more lenient sentences for players in certain circumstances. Here's how it works.

There are guidelines laid down to cater for different degrees of offence: low end, mid range, and top end. Each category has an entry, or starting, point. Prior to the change in the regulation, the guidelines on stamping were as follows: one month for low end, three months for mid range, and nine months for top end. These are the starting points, after which the disciplinary panel assesses aggravating and mitigating factors, and settles on a sentence.

Under the new regulations, those categories respectively carry guidelines of two weeks, five weeks and nine weeks plus. Alan Quinlan's case got underway before January 1, when the new regulations took effect. Both Grewcock and Mears were dealt with this month, under the new code. Moreover, Quinlan's offence was deemed to be mid range, while the English pair were found to be low end. And that was down to the effect of their actions. With Grewcock and Mears, their victims got up and walked away.

The ERC hearing found that Quinlan was responsible for the torn medial ligament suffered by Cardiff's Mark Lewis, an injury which will keep him out for six weeks. They were convinced of this by the evidence of Richard Evans, a consultant trauma and orthopaedic surgeon. Evans was at the scene; he treated
                            “Well done, Paul – that was some performance by Munster. A famous victory!”
                            <font color=RED>“It was unreal!”</font>
                            “and what about those wonderful supporters, Paul – what have you got to say about them?”
                            <font color=RED>“they were unreal!”</font>
                            “Well congratulations Paul – you’ve been voted man of the match today. How does that feel?”
                            <font color=RED>Unreal</font>”

Comment

Tony,

Yep Munster handled the Quinlan citing &amp; appeal badly, but it still doesn't justify the ERC's handling of the case. From what I have heard ERC weren't that forthcoming either. The legal stuff was heavyweight. Munster must either get a heavyweight eagle on their side or else change the tune (saw/did nothin).

Don't know where Fanning gets his info from but it's not how it was seen by the Tipp man's mentors. Maybe he got an exclusive from Huguenot House. And why did Fanning not mention that the player had been warned by the reffor infringingjust prior the incident? A bit of balance please Mr.Fanning before you start to throw stones.

Comment

Working...
                              X