Ladies team vs Edinburgh - BOD out.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ladies team vs Edinburgh - BOD out.

@@@@SPAN ="post">The Leinster team to face Edinburgh in Saturday's Pool 2 Heineken Cup clash in Donnybrook (KO: 5.35pm) has been named.

Brian O’Driscoll misses the game through injury and his place goes to
    Kieran Lewis who partners Gordon D’Arcy at centre. Shane Horgan returns
    to the side on the right wing in the only other change to the team from
    last weekend.

Saturday's game is a sell out and cash will not be taken at the turnstiles.

LEINSTER:

15: Rob Kearney

14: Shane Horgan

13: Kieran Lewis

12: Gordon D'Arcy

11: Denis Hickie

10: Felipe Contepomi CAPTAIN

9: Chris Whitaker

1: Stan Wright

2: Bernard Jackman

3: Will Green

4: Trevor Hogan

5: Malcolm O'Kelly

6: Stephen Keogh

7: Keith Gleeson

8: Jamie Heaslip

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Harry Vermaas

17: Reggie Corrigan

18: Owen Finegan

19: Cameron Jowitt

20: Guy Easterby

21: Christian Warner

22: Luke Fitzgerald

REFEREE: David Pearson (RFU), SUB REFEREE: Tony Spreadbury (RFU), TOUCH JUDGE: Andrew Pearse (RFU)

@@@@SPAN style="font-weight: bold;">
    Is Girvo still injured too?[img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]@@@@/SPAN>@@@@/SPAN>

Even without him they should have enough for the Scots. What was the injury?
    Romani ite Domun

Comment

I don't know but in Shelbyville someone is suggesting it's serious.

Comment

ya i reckon they will be ok. ill be interested to se howlewis performs. heard a lot about him without really seeing him all that much
        on this team we fight for that inch, on this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. we claw with our finger nails for that inch. because we know when we add up all those inches, thats going to make the f**king difference between winning and losing

Comment

Training injury according to the news but nothing said what it was. Hope it's not serious as they will need him next weekend.
          Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Leinster will have too much to offer and should take the 5 points.......Im actually heading in for a look myself..

Comment

Hmm considering it wasn't mentioned at all during the week I have a bad feeling about BODs injury.

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugb..._club/leinster /6255803.stm

Brian O'Driscoll has been ruled out of Leinster's Heineken Cup game against Edinburgh on Saturday.

Leinster coach Michael Cheika told BBC Sport that O'Driscoll had picked up "a knock" in training this week but refused to elaborate.

"I'd rather not say[img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]. It's nothing serious and he'll definitely be available for next weekend's game," said the Leinster coach.

O'Driscoll is replaced by Kieran Lewis while Shane Horgan also starts. <!- E SF ->

Lewis started on the wing in the win over the Ospreys but his switch to accommodate Horgan is the only change from the side that defeated the Ospreys in the Magners League last weekend.

Cheika said that O'Driscoll had been "desperate to play" but that they had decided to leave him out after mulling over the "50/50 call".

"We just felt that we couldn't take the risk on this occasion even though it is a very, very big game," said Cheika.

Girvan Dempsey is not reckoned to be fit enough to be included in the match-day 22 but Luke Fitzgerald is included on the bench after being out for a number of weeks because of injury.

Leinster sit top after after four games and a bonus-point win would effectively seal their place as group winners.

Edinburgh occupy bottom spot in Pool Two after just one victory - that came against Leinster in October.

The Scots prevailed 25-24 at home thanks to a superb drop-goal by Duncan Hodge in stoppage time.

Comment

Originally posted by Snamh

Leinster coach Michael Cheika told BBC Sport that O'Driscoll had picked up "a knock" in training this week but refused to elaborate.

"I'd rather not say[img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]. It's nothing serious and he'll definitely be available for next weekend's game," said the Leinster coach.

Cheika said that O'Driscoll had been "desperate to play" but that they had decided to leave him out after mulling over the "50/50 call".

"We just felt that we couldn't take the risk on this occasion even though it is a very, very big game," said Cheika.
                  Dodgy for the start of the 6N then.. don't belive a word Cheika say re injuries he's been playing silly buggers all season.

Comment

Leinster coach Michael Cheika told BBC Sport that O'Driscoll had picked up "a knock" in training this week but refused to elaborate. "I'd rather not say

What the fu*k does that mean? Unless he got kneed in the goolies and Cheika doesn't want to damage BOD's marriage prospects why the big secret?

Any lf.com posters about who know what's going on?
                    Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

One or 2 says they've heard rumours it's possibly long term, but there's been no elaboration on that.

Comment

Meh, despite being our best player he isnt our most important. We have more then enough cover

Comment

Originally posted by Skyhawk

Leinster will have too much to offer and should take the 5 points.......Im actually heading in for a look myself..

[img]smileys/rolleyes.gif[/img], priorities, priorities.....&nb sp;&nb sp;&nb sp;&nb sp;&nb sp; [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't agree ep. Lewis isn't near the same standard.

Having said that I hope his injury doesn't hurt Leinster's/Ireland's prospects this season.

I agree on what McCloud said about your coach. I wouldn't believe the news on his car radio [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Dermot G
                              I don't agree ep. Lewis isn't near the same standard.

Having said that I hope his injury doesn't hurt Leinster's/Ireland's prospects this season.

I agree on what McCloud said about your coach. I wouldn't believe the news on his car radio [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

I didnt say Lewis was near the same standard, lets be honest only one
                              or two are and one of the them is the guy who stands beside him. BOD is
                              not our most important player at the moment, Dr Phil or Mal are not as
                              good as him more even more vital for Leinster.

Its a bit like POC being Munsters best player but if you were to lose him or ROG for HEC final who would be more important

Comment

Working...
                              X