X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

El Supremo may return.

@@@@SPAN =articleline>Contepomi targets return against Munster @@@@/SPAN>

@@@@SPAN =author>By Edward Newman @@@@/SPAN>@@@@SPAN =author>@@@@/SPAN>

@@@@SPAN =articlesummary>ARGENTINIAN fly-half Felipe Contepomi could make a dramatic return for Leinster in next Wednesday’s sell-out Magners League clash with Munster at Thomond Park. @@@@/SPAN>

@@@@SPAN =article>The highly-talented No 10 badly injured his left knee during Argentina’s final autumn international against France on November 25.

However, yesterday a Leinster spokesman was optimistic Contepomi could be included in Michael Cheika’s extended squad, to be announced this afternoon.

It was originally thought Contepomi would be sidelined for up to six weeks, but Leinster sources yesterday confirmed the out-half “had rehab-ed very well” and has an “outside chance” of making the starting XV for the mouth-watering ML clash against Munster. @@@@/SPAN>

@@@@SPAN =article>
    Contepomi was sorely missed by Leinster this month — first against Ulster in the Magners League and then in back-to-back fixtures against Agen in the Heineken Cup.

Leinster coach, Michael Cheika was forced to call on Girvan Dempsey and Gordon D’Arcy for kicking duties in what proved a largely unsuccessful exercise.

Despite the absence of Contepomi, Leinster still managed a 6-6 draw with Ulster and won their two European games against Agen.

“Felipe rehab-ed very well,” said a Leinster spokesman.

“He has been working extremely hard in training. There is an outside chance he could play next week against Munster, but his primary target is to be fit for Leinster’s final two Heineken Cup pool games against Edinburgh and Gloucester in January.”

Munster have won their last six home clashes with Leinster. The last time Leinster won in Limerick was in August 1998, although that game was played at Garryowen’s Dooradoyle ground.

Munster have won four in a row since a 12-25 defeat at Stradey Park on November 5, while the Munster men have suffered just one home defeat since February: 10-21 to Edinburgh in Limerick on October 13.

Both Cheika and Munster coach Declan Kidney have little time to prepare properly for the Limerick clash due to the absence of their international players currently with the Ireland squad in Portugal.@@@@/SPAN>
    New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Good. Wouldn't want the Doc to miss all the fun.

Pity about that warm weather training rubbish. It'll definitely take an edge off the game.

Comment

Dead man walking if he's foolish enough to turn up on 27th Dec.

Comment

Originally posted by Dermot G
        Nice, good to see the spirit of christmas extends to all.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing him play. Hope Quinnie is cleared too. [img]smileys/cool.gif[/img]

My computer thinks I'm gay
          What's the difference anyway
          When all the people do all day
          Is stare into a phone

Comment

That'd be great, I really wanted to see a full strength Leinster side.
            Kiva - Loans That Change Lives

Comment

Originally posted by daveirl

[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by Rogfan
                Originally posted by Dermot G
                Nice, good to see the spirit of christmas extends to all.

DG is just concerned about his welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by sewa

Originally posted by daveirl

[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

I hope you aren't trying to suggest that they'd need 8 new forwards for that to happen ? [img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]

Comment

Good news, Leinster will need all the doctors they can get because a lot of choking players might need medical assistance on the night.

Comment

Let's hope that the Munster players are more intelligent than some of their supporters - although, mind you, I wouldn't mind seeing a few red citings before the Tigers game!
                      New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Which team has the most yellow cards this season?

Is stare into a phone

Comment

Gwan, Sewa, tell us ! [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Doctors make the worst of all patients. I bet the rehab team can't wait to get him out of their treatment room!
                            Hope Not Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Point

Gwan, Sewa, tell us ! [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Leinster lead the way in the ML andare well ahead of any of the other teams in the GP or S14 too. The are the no 1 side in europe which can only be down to the great contribution of one Michael Cheika who himself was also fined rather hilariously[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Is stare into a phone

Comment

Working...
                              X