Ulster Bank League 2018-2019 Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LimerickRugbyFan View Post

Yeah lots wrong with it really. Having the competition this time of year is madness. No harm in it being held after the AIL was all wrapped up. Interesting that as far as I can see only 3 Shannon lads in the squad (Stafford, Clarke, Masters) I'm very surprised that Casey and Flannel weren't brought, I can't see the benefit in bringing Duncan Williams and James Hart?
    Casey, Flannery and 20s world cup reasons maybe?
    Yeah would agree on williams and hart.
    Timing only option available maybe?
    Maybe all provinces should have went out togther and played earlier if this was to happen instead of the few weeks break

Comment

Anyone at games tonight?
      Con, 37 UCC 19, Young Munster 33 Shannon 7
      Cashel 33 Crescent 12

Comment

No, OL, as previously discussed, I was in Musser, thanks to the scheduling foul-up.

The bottom of the 1A Table looks like this:

Attached Files

Comment

draw for us means we're safe. 23-23
          Could see all Connacht clubs bar Buccs in 2B next season with Wegians relegated from 2A and Ballina promoted from 2C unless Sligo win the 2A/2B playoffs to go up

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
            No, OL, as previously discussed, I was in Musser, thanks to the scheduling foul-up.

The bottom of the 1A Table looks like this:
            It was a general question to forum no need to tell me as i knew already that you were in musgrave....

Shame we're going to be down another senior club in province after next weekend with Thomond most likely going down junior

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
              It was a general question to forum no need to tell me as i knew already that you were in musgrave....

but there might have been others who didn't know OL.

Comment

Donal Lenihan on the shabby treatment of the AIL last weekend.

"Nucifora lost patience [with the Clubs] and moved on, commissioning a hastily arranged Cara Cup in Boston incorporating A squads from all four provinces along with a new professional entity, the colourfully named New England Free Jacks, who make their debut in American Major League rugby next season.

The fact that these fixtures were arranged to coincide with a crucial period in the AIL when clubs are fighting for either a top four play-off slot or in a battle to avoid relegation created massive hardship for some clubs and has left a bad taste at grassroots level."

"Twelve academy players are included [ in the Munster A squad] with the balance made up of nine club players, with little or no connection to the professional game, drawn from clubs ranging in standard from Division 1A to 2C."

"It is reputed the IRFU will pocket in the region of €250,000 ........... As for the clubs, all they got from rugby HQ was a giant two fingers."

Comment

Gerry Thornley in today's Times on the same topic. He interviews Kieran Mulligan, President of Lansdowne who makes a lot of sense.

Comment

A big day in 1A today. There's only one Dead Rubber. Shannon (10th) who need a big win host Con (1st) who need nothing.
                    Terenure (9th) host Munsters (6th) and UCC (8th) host UCD(7th)

Any of the bottom three could go straight down.
                    Any of the bottom five could end up in the Play-offs.

At the top of the table, whoever wins between Lansdowne and Clontarf will host the losers in the Semi-Final. The draw would favour Lansdowne.
                    Last edited by Piquet; 13th-April-2019, 13:48.

Comment

It's good and cold at the 'Dyke.

Mr Hogan-O'Connell is in charge.

Two weeks ago, there was some muttering here from some Munsters men about a "Cork Ref".

Just sayin' like.

Comment

Will he favour UCC or UCC?
                        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Oops

Comment

UCD kick a Pen with the last kick of the game to get a draw and that result together with Ternure's win over Munsters sends UCC into the Playoffs.

Shannon having lost to Con, go down.

Comment

College will play Malone in the Play-off Semifinal.

EDIT: At half two on the 27th of April (Saturday) with Con playing Trinity at half two on the 28th.

Happy days.
                              Last edited by Piquet; 14th-April-2019, 00:48.

Comment

Few Munster clubs promoted/relegated
                                Shannon down to 1B. UCC in playoffs.
                                Cashel in playoffs to go up to 1B trying to join Highfield
                                Sundays Well relegated to 2C. Midleton and Bruff play each other in first round of games to decide who's promoted to 2B
                                Thomond relegated to junior. Clonmel travel to Seapoint to try go senior

Comment

Working...
                                X