Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Piquet View Post

Firstly "every week" ?

Secondly, as a paying spectator, I'm entitled to comment on whatever goes on on the pitch and adjacent thereto, as long as the usual requirements of respect are adhered to.

Please feel free to point out any comments of mine that infringe such standards.

Thirdly, now that I think of it, when reporting on the Ref's performance, I restricted myself to the facts .
    The whole attitude is quite smug ..... you are entitled to make comments but you from your comments have expectations far higher than what should be the case.

Anyway. results from yesterday. another one point win for us

DIVISION 2A:

Blackrock College 8 Cashel 22, Stradbrook
    Galwegians 12 Old Crescent 13, Crowley Park
    Highfield 40 Navan 10, Woodleigh Park
    Nenagh Ormond 24 Dolphin 23, New Ormond Park
    UL Bohemians 36 Queen's University 24, Annacotty

DIVISION 2B:

Belfast Harlequins 0 Greystones 36, Deramore Park
    Dungannon 15 MU Barnhall 22, Stevenson Park
    Skerries 19 Corinthians 20, Holmpatrick
    Sligo 17 Rainey Old Boys 27, Hamilton Park
    Sunday's Well 17 Wanderers 22, Irish Independent Park

DIVISION 2C:

Bangor 10 Bruff 15, Upritchard Park
    Malahide 32 City of Derry 12, Estuary Road
    Omagh 55 Tullamore 17, Thomas Mellon Playing Fields
    Seapoint 23 Ballina 39, Kilbogget Park
    Thomond 15 Midleton 38, Liam Fitzgerald Park

Comment

OL, please stop making accusations without offering any supporting evidence.

Comment

All three matches in Div 1A are in Universities today. The 'Dyke, College Park and Belfield.

Comment

College 22(3T) 'Tarf 37 (5T) 22 - 15 to 'Tarf at HT. Nowt much to report apart from the award of a Pen Try to 'Tarf from a Scrum late in the first half.

EDIT 'Tarf were held up over the College line. At the first time of asking, END EDIT they got a good push on and the College Front row stood up.

There was no Pen given. EDIT Neither was there a "use it" instruction. END EDIT Sir went straight to the Pen Try. Correctly in my opinion but rare in the extreme EDIT have I seen it done.
          Last edited by Piquet; 24th-November-2018, 17:24. Reason: As indicated to clarify.

Comment

Piquet Yes rare. So many seem to think scrum needs two/three go's before PT awarded but no.
            Why should a use it instruction been given? Was scrum stationary?

Anyway
            senior cup final be played in Thomond Park on January 5th

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
              Piquet Yes rare. So many seem to think scrum needs two/three go's before PT awarded but no.
              Why should a use it instruction been given? Was scrum stationary?
              No the Scrum was going forward but many refs, Nigel Owens for one, seem to be fond of making a forward moving 9 "use it"

Comment

College got a much needed and well deserved win over Dublin University today, 28(4T) to 14(2T).

The Bonus Point Try came in Injury Time when the Trinity Wing failed to handle a kick to the corner and his opposite number pounced.

The Ref, Oisin Quinn had a good game. There was an outbreak of fisticuffs early on and he dealt with it by giving both Captains a severe bollicking which sorted it out .

He gave three cards, all deserved. One to College for bringing down a Maul close to the line (for which he also awarded a Penalty Try), one to DU for a no arms tackle and the third to DU for being bold close to the line.

College's Scrum was a marked improvement on previous games that I have seen this season. They got pinged early on but in the second half, when down a man, they adopted a "get it in and get it out" policy which worked well.

They're still in the Play-off- spot, four behind Munsters and four ahead of 'Nure.

They lead the division on Bonus Points with five, two Try and three Losing.
                Last edited by Piquet; 1st-December-2018, 17:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post

He gave three cards, all deserved. One to College for bringing down a Maul close to the line (for which he also awarded a Penalty Try), one to DU for a no arms tackle and the third to DU for being bold close to the line.

"There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

I heard there was a great match out in Dooradoyle tonight where Garryowen got a penalty try at the end to win 30 to 29.Anybody see it ?

Comment

I was at the game Popeye and it was some game played in atrocious conditions. A very young and inexperienced Shannon team played some fantastic rugby and the consensus seemed to be that they were the better team on the night.
                      The Garryowen pack towered over the Shannon 8 but the Shannon boys never took a step back.
                      Shannon scored 4 great tries however their inability to convert some of the tries due to the howling gale probably cost them the game.
                      With 10 mins to go Shannon lead by 11 points and Garryowen scored a try to cut the gap to 6. Shannon then tackled like demons until the 84th minute when Garryowen knocked a ball on.
                      However for some reason only known to himself the ref went between the posts and awarded a penalty try.Most people at the game including Garryowen supporters agreed there wasn't even a penalty never mind a penalty try.
                      it was some performance from the whole Shannon squad and it confirms that Tom Hayes and Davy Donovan are doing a fine job with them.
                      BTW from memory Fridays ref has previously been involved in controversy--- one game in particular involving Garryowen.

Comment

Working...
                      X