No announcement yet.

Ulster Bank League 2018-2019 Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to the Teamsheet, the game was moved from yesterday because of exams.

UCC are in the middle of theirs and still managed to win yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post

Yes.

EDIT
      He had a good game IMO, he penalised offside at the set piece was strict on throws to the line out and gave a Red Card near the end.

I didn't see the incident but a Malone player was stretched out near the Touchline, the TJ held out his flag, there was a brief chat and the card came out.

There were no complaints, or an appeal from the Captain, it seemed to be straightforward.
      Bleeding students, throwing their weight around
      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

As I left Templehill, I saw PO'M deep in conversation with Noel Murphy.

I wonder what pearls of wisdom were being passed on.

Comment

According to the Teamsheet, the game was moved from yesterday because of exams.

UCC are in the middle of theirs and still managed to win yesterday.
          Trinity had exams scheduled for yesterday and slight difference in who each were playing.

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
            Waterpark are in endless cycle. As one of just 2 clubs in city they can produce year on year very strong underage sides and plenty munster, irish age grade players but lose them as they go away for university and senior rugby. Wont go back senior if cant keep players.

Correct on Waterpark, OL. If the South East eventually gets a Univesity we might be able to keep a few more player slocally instead of going to Dublin, Cork & Limerick

"There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
              Correct on Waterpark, OL. If the South East eventually gets a Univesity we might be able to keep a few more player slocally instead of going to Dublin, Cork & Limerick
              You only have to look at various club teams across the cities and there's loads of guys from park who probably would have stayed around if there was a university and then park would be senior.

Comment

County teams for Kerry and Clare so
                Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
                  County teams for Kerry and Clare so
                  No real point. Based on their junior clubs they wouldnt be good enough and it shouldnt be way forward looking to combine clubs at senior/j1 level

Comment

Trinity had exams scheduled for yesterday and slight difference in who each were playing.
                    I'm not complaining about the moving of the match to today. After all, it meant that I could go to both the 'Dyke and Templehill.

Both Trinity and UCC were playing teams more or less at the same levels as themselves.

The risk of an injury that would seriously foul up one's exam was equal for both College teams.

Comment

I'm not complaining about the moving of the match to today. After all, it meant that I could go to both the 'Dyke and Templehill.

Both Trinity and UCC were playing teams more or less at the same levels as themselves.

The risk of an injury that would seriously foul up one's exam was equal for both College teams.
                      But Trinity only moved their game as they actually had players with exams yesterday. UCC didnt. Different reasons.
                      And UCC winning inspite of exams has nothing to do with Trinity

Comment

But Trinity only moved their game as they actually had players with exams yesterday. UCC didnt. Different reasons.
                        And UCC winning inspite of exams has nothing to do with Trinity
                        Trinity didn't move their game. They requested a rescheduling and their request was granted. As I understand it and as you have posted previously, the Default time for AIL matches is 2:30 on Saturdays unless there is a "Derby Match" which is often switched to Friday Night, or both teams agree.

Con would have been entitled to insist on the game being played yesterday.

It was you that brought up the subject of exams, if you pardon the pun, in this post:

"Exam time with Trinity will possibly played a part.
                        And just shows difference clubs with the older, more experienced guys will always have that edge the universities simply wont ever have"

Both of the points you raise, "Exam time" and playing teams with "older, more experienced guys" were applicable to UCC as well.

I fail to see how Exams are relevant to Trinity but not to UCC.

As well as that, UCC, with a record of 5, 12 and 1 having been consigned to the Play-offs by a last minute Pen faced Malone with a record of 10 and 8. Momentum is a big thing at this stage of the season and it was all with Malone yesterday.

They now face Old Wesley whose record is 12, 6 and 1, if you count today's game, the mirror image of College's if you count yesterday's result.

​​​​​​​College are the only team in the five divisions who can still maintain their status. All of the other four teams in the Play-off positions have been relegated. Indeed, of the other four, only Blackrock College managed to win their Play-off Semi-final.

Comment

No real point. Based on their junior clubs they wouldnt be good enough and it shouldnt be way forward looking to combine clubs at senior/j1 level
                          I hear you but next to no representation of the most footballing of counties ain't the way forward neither
                          Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post

I hear you but next to no representation of the most footballing of counties ain't the way forward neither
                            Ennis are really getting their act together at underage level and ideally that will progress to their adult teams soon enough. Ennis is far too large a town to have their main adult rugby team well down the divisions at junior level and they should really be like Bandon, Clonmel etc. Challenging top junior level and winning/competing for cups.

The clubs in Kerry, Clare need to be assisted far more.

Comment

Ennis are really getting their act together at underage level and ideally that will progress to their adult teams soon enough. Ennis is far too large a town to have their main adult rugby team well down the divisions at junior level and they should really be like Bandon, Clonmel etc. Challenging top junior level and winning/competing for cups.

The clubs in Kerry, Clare need to be assisted far more.
                              I wouldn't have massive knowledge of Kerry clubs to be honest but other than Ennis and Senans there is next to no rugby played in Clare, not even sure where abouts Kilrush stand. No point in saying that these areas need senior clubs when the players aren't there?

Comment

Originally posted by LimerickRugbyFan View Post

I wouldn't have massive knowledge of Kerry clubs to be honest but other than Ennis and Senans there is next to no rugby played in Clare, not even sure where abouts Kilrush stand. No point in saying that these areas need senior clubs when the players aren't there?
                                Not saying these areas do need senior status clubs
                                Ennis hoover up so many players at underage. great for them but not good for overall development beyond them
                                tbf east clare so many kids/adults will be in Limerick playing

Comment

Working...
                                X