Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ulster Bank League 2018-2019 Talk/Gossip/Rumours

1A
    Lansdowne, Cork Constitution, Terenure College, Garryowen, Clontarf, Young Munster, UCD, Dublin University, Shannon, UCC
    1B
    St. Mary's College, Buccaneers, Banbridge, Ballynahinch, Old Belvedere, Naas, Ballymena, Old Wesley, Malone, City of Armagh
    2A
    Dolphin, UL Bohemians, Nenagh Ormond, Highfield, Cashel, Queen's University, Blackrock College, Galwegians, Old Crescent, Navan
    2B
    Corinthians, Greystones, Rainey Old Boys, MU Barnhall, Wanderers, Sunday's Well, Skerries, Dungannon, Sligo, Belfast Harlequins
    2C
    City of Derry, Omagh, Thomond, Malahide, Midleton, Seapoint, Bangor, Tullamore, Ballina, Bruff

Any transfer or coaching changes announced yet?

Good to see 1A with a 50% Munster representation

Comment

Originally posted by mickiemcfist View Post
      Good to see 1A with a 50% Munster representation
      Was always going to go that way. Dubs were never going to be able to keep 6/7 sides in top flight. Hopefully we can see an Ulster side get up to 1A soon enough

And for Nenagh hopefully we can challenge in 2A again but more importantly field under 20s and even more so a seconds side for the whole of next season

Comment

Going to be a bit of a nightmare next season in Divisions 1B, 2A and 2B with the reorganisation planned for 2019/2020.
        Its deja vu all over again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent boy 2 View Post
          Going to be a bit of a nightmare next season in Divisions 1B, 2A and 2B with the reorganisation planned for 2019/2020.
          Wouldnt say nightmare. More very interesting!!
          Should keep things challenging for whole season if this is what happens.

Comment

Any talk on coaching changes or player transfers?
            Hearing we've lost our coaches in Nenagh and have yet to find replacements.
            Any other news?

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
              Was always going to go that way. Dubs were never going to be able to keep 6/7 sides in top flight. Hopefully we can see an Ulster side get up to 1A soon enough

And for Nenagh hopefully we can challenge in 2A again but more importantly field under 20s and even more so a seconds side for the whole of next season
              The Malone side that got promoted has a fair number of talented young players. They play a nice brand of rugby too. It will be interesting to see how they adapt to 1b. Back to back promotions could be tough though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by saarlander View Post
                The Malone side that got promoted has a fair number of talented young players. They play a nice brand of rugby too. It will be interesting to see how they adapt to 1b. Back to back promotions could be tough though.
                They do have some talented young players and do play good brand of rugby. No way are they good enough to go to 1A straight though.

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
                  They do have some talented young players and do play good brand of rugby. No way are they good enough to go to 1A straight though.
                  i think the same

Comment

Thoughts on charity cup draw which I believe had been made?
                    Anyone else think format should change to give more games for clubs before ail starts and leave senior cup to later in season?

Comment

Personally I'm happy with the timing. Lads need an off season. If the quarters were any earlier than the 25th I think it would be pushing it.
                      forti et fideli nihil difficile

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Five View Post
                        Personally I'm happy with the timing. Lads need an off season. If the quarters were any earlier than the 25th I think it would be pushing it.
                        Yes players need an off season but i would much rather we followed other provinces and provided more games before the league starts. Clubs will be looking for and playing each other anyway so why not simply put bit of organisation of it. Wouldnt have to start earlier. Look at Leinster. They have senior clubs in senior league cup with games september 1st/8th/15th. No reason we couldnt do similar.

Comment

So both charity cup draws made
                          Cork Shield: Midleton v Clonmel, Sundays Well v Cashel
                          Cork Cup: Cork Con v Highfield, UCC v Dolphin

Limerick
                          Bruff v Old Crescent, Shannon v Garryowen, UL Bohemian v Nenagh, Young Munster v Thomond

Comment

Ulster Bank gone as sponsor - fixtures to be released tomorrow per Irish Times on line.
                            Its deja vu all over again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent boy 2 View Post
                              Ulster Bank gone as sponsor - fixtures to be released tomorrow per Irish Times on line.
                              Not hard to figure out why, most people I know still called it the AIL.

Comment

Working...
                              X