Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AwayFromHome View Post

Seriously? All over the shop chief.

Just take a look through any thread in this section and it is basically a blog of you bashing down anyone with views of change which ends when the other party just gets pissed off being told they are an idiot. With regard to specifics it would be easier if I asked you of a suggestion that you haven't had a go at.

I'm not having a go, though I'm sure you see it like that. I'm just pointing out to you how your approach to discussion comes across so your not surprised that others don't feel like engaging in it.
    It isnt at all me bashing down change. Im actively looking for plenty of change as well if you looked at many of the threads here.
    I just dont think blaming schools alone for the underage schools/clubs issues is right nor is it correct to blame the union for issues with the league which is what so many here love doing. Both are far more complicated than that
    And plenty more to say on other issues here

Comment

Joey Carbery got where he is through the club game. Something must being going right.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Snrub View Post
        Joey Carbery got where he is through the club game. Something must being going right.
        He went to Blackrock for final year of school which isnt feasible for many and irish rugby needs to get beyond people doing that or seeing that as necessary and yes somethings are going alright but game is in major bother in places in amatuer rugby any way

Comment

One reason could be you constantly telling posters where they are and aren't allowed to post things and then constantly saying that any suggestions for change are without merit. Don't be surprised that in the end you ended up talking to yourself.

+1
          Spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by dropkick View Post

+1
            Spot on.
            give over.
            Care to say something on the topic and not just have a pop at me?

Comment

I think OL has brought a lot to the discussion
              "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                I think OL has brought a lot to the discussion
                100% agree, very few more knowledgeable or passionate.

My point was that those qualities tinged with a bit of arrogance and dismissiveness don't make for a great discussion. If that viewpoint upset OL then he's free to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
                  He went to Blackrock for final year of school which isnt feasible for many and irish rugby needs to get beyond people doing that or seeing that as necessary and yes somethings are going alright but game is in major bother in places in amatuer rugby any way
                  And here is an example. First actual genuine comment by someone on the topic in months and within a couple of hours you've told the poster they are wrong. What is the probability of that poster engaging further? You can't help yourself.

Comment

100% agree, very few more knowledgeable or passionate.

My point was that those qualities tinged with a bit of arrogance and dismissiveness don't make for a great discussion. If that viewpoint upset OL then he's free to ignore it.
                    I get annoyed at some points constantly brought up and some arguments rehashed again and again(note i do know i do this myself) with the same things said over and over and nothing different brought forward as solution so can appear arrogant/dismissive at times but totally disagree with the reason that this forum is not getting as many posts is because of my posting....

Comment

And here is an example. First actual genuine comment by someone on the topic in months and within a couple of hours you've told the poster they are wrong. What is the probability of that poster engaging further? You can't help yourself.
                      But how is that arrogant or anything like that. Carbery did progress through the club game both in Athy and Leinster youths and then as an adult player with Clontarf but it cant be ignored that he went to Blackrock for a year and that just isnt feasible for huge percentage of people/talented rugby players because of the fees etc and as a result shows some of the major issues that are very much in play in irish rugby development regardless of the success that those schools have helped build in the sport in this country

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
                        But how is that arrogant or anything like that. Carbery did progress through the club game both in Athy and Leinster youths and then as an adult player with Clontarf but it cant be ignored that he went to Blackrock for a year and that just isnt feasible for huge percentage of people/talented rugby players because of the fees etc and as a result shows some of the major issues that are very much in play in irish rugby development regardless of the success that those schools have helped build in the sport in this country
                        To be fair you could assume Carbery was on a scholarship to Blackrock!

Comment

Isn't the point that his club rugby is what earned him a place for Leinster (and Graham Henry).

If somebody like that can use club rugby to play at a level good enough to earn a professional contract with a province isn't that the idea? Isn't that at least part of what we want to get out of club rugby?

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not too familiar with his story but that's how I see it.

Comment

It looks like I, too, am capable of stifling activity on this thread, Ormond Lad.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Snrub View Post
                              Isn't the point that his club rugby is what earned him a place for Leinster (and Graham Henry).

If somebody like that can use club rugby to play at a level good enough to earn a professional contract with a province isn't that the idea? Isn't that at least part of what we want to get out of club rugby?

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not too familiar with his story but that's how I see it.
                              I'd say he was on the Leinster radar even while he was still in Athy. He also featured at full-back for Leinster Schools in their first ever win against Australia Schools in December 2013. Some decent players in the 23.

15. Joey CARBERRY (Blackrock College), 14. Cillian BURKE (Clongowes Wood College), 13. Adam LEAVY (St Michael’s College), 12. Fergal CLEARY (Clongowes Wood College), 11. Cian O’DONOGHUE (Clongowes Wood College), 10. Sean KERINS (Blackrock College), 9. David DUGGAN (St Michaels College);
                              1. Dane FITZPATRICK (Blackrock College), 2. Jonny MOLONY (Clongowes Wood College), 3. Ntinga MPIKO (The King’s Hospital School), 4. Jack DWAN (Blackrock College), 5. James RYAN (C) (St Michael’s College), 6. Will CONNORS (Clongowes Wood College), 7. Conor OLIVER (Blackrock College), 8. Nick TIMONEY (Blackrock College)

16. Andrew ROCHE (Terenure College), 17. Andrew PORTER (St Andrew’s College), 18. Jonathan PHELAN (Newbridge College), 19. Colm JOYCE AHEARNE (CBS Wexford), 20. Max DEEGAN (St Michael’s College), 21. Tim SCHMIDT (Terenure College), 22. Conor O’BRIEN (St Finian’s College) 23. Robert VALLEJO (Good Counsel College, New Ross)

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post

I'd say he was on the Leinster radar even while he was still in Athy. He also featured at full-back for Leinster Schools in their first ever win against Australia Schools in December 2013. Some decent players in the 23.

15. Joey CARBERRY (Blackrock College), 14. Cillian BURKE (Clongowes Wood College), 13. Adam LEAVY (St Michael’s College), 12. Fergal CLEARY (Clongowes Wood College), 11. Cian O’DONOGHUE (Clongowes Wood College), 10. Sean KERINS (Blackrock College), 9. David DUGGAN (St Michaels College);
                                1. Dane FITZPATRICK (Blackrock College), 2. Jonny MOLONY (Clongowes Wood College), 3. Ntinga MPIKO (The King’s Hospital School), 4. Jack DWAN (Blackrock College), 5. James RYAN (C) (St Michael’s College), 6. Will CONNORS (Clongowes Wood College), 7. Conor OLIVER (Blackrock College), 8. Nick TIMONEY (Blackrock College)

16. Andrew ROCHE (Terenure College), 17. Andrew PORTER (St Andrew’s College), 18. Jonathan PHELAN (Newbridge College), 19. Colm JOYCE AHEARNE (CBS Wexford), 20. Max DEEGAN (St Michael’s College), 21. Tim SCHMIDT (Terenure College), 22. Conor O’BRIEN (St Finian’s College) 23. Robert VALLEJO (Good Counsel College, New Ross)
                                Also featured on Leinster u18 clubs(youths) when in Athy playing in same under 18 clubs team as Conor O Brien, Conor Oliver a year previous
                                That was under 19 team im fairly certain.
                                He would certainly been on leinster radar as played irish youths year before and would been in set up between province regional squads 3/4 years before that

Comment

Working...
                                X