Age Grade Interpros 15/16

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age Grade Interpros 15/16

Will Munster retain under 18 schools interpro title?
    Will 20s improve on past few years and win a game or two?

I assume squads are in Rockwell starting this day fortnight.
    Any thoughts on sides to do well this year etc

Leinster schools should be better than last year, have several returning players headlined by Caelan Doris(6) & Conor Dean(10) who both played irish schools. Only two games with Connacht no fielding a schools side.

Leinster clubs will be weaker that last year but they have some standout players returning in Conor Nash(15), Jack Aungier(3) and Sean O'Brien(12). This age group has been weakened somewhat by players moving to schools last season.

Leinster under-19 is hard to predict, a weak enough schools team last year combined with a strong clubs team so it will be interesting to see how it works out.

Leinster under-20 will be strong favourites, last year they won the 19's quite easily and that was with a weakened side. Will be a big pack at least by under-20 provincial standards.

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
      Will Munster retain under 18 schools interpro title?
      Will 20s improve on past few years and win a game or two?

I assume squads are in Rockwell starting this day fortnight.
      Any thoughts on sides to do well this year etc
      As far I know the munster schools and youths are in Rockwell for the summer while the 19s are based between Limerick and Cork. As for the 20s I'm not sure I've heard they are in rockwell and that there not.
      Last edited by Ciunas; 22nd-June-2015, 18:25.

Comment

If i had to guess i'd say Bill Johnston will skip 19's and head straight to 20's.
        John Foley and Calvin Nash possibly too.

Comment

Munster standouts
          under-20 level:
          Ben Betts(TH Prop), Vincent O'Brien(Hooker), Sean O'Connor(Lock), Kelvin Brown(Backrow), John Poland(Scrumhalf), Paul Kiernan(Centre), Joe White(Wing), Dave O'Mahony(Fullback)
          under-19 level:
          Dylan Murphy(TH Prop), Peter Kelleher(Prop), John Foley(Backrow), Jack Lyons(Scrumhalf), Bill Johnston(Outhalf), Calvin Nash(Wing) Colm Hogan(Fullback)

Comment

Originally posted by Bayern View Post
            Munster standouts
            under-20 level:
            Ben Betts(TH Prop), Vincent O'Brien(Hooker), Sean O'Connor(Lock), Kelvin Brown(Backrow), John Poland(Scrumhalf), Paul Kiernan(Centre), Joe White(Wing), Dave O'Mahony(Fullback)
            under-19 level:
            Dylan Murphy(TH Prop), Peter Kelleher(Prop), John Foley(Backrow), Jack Lyons(Scrumhalf), Bill Johnston(Outhalf), Calvin Nash(Wing) Colm Hogan(Fullback)
            Bayern Mark O'Mara (hooker) and Gavin Coombes (back row) from last years schools side are surely standouts? Two of the best players from the 2 interpros I saw. Particularly O'Mara

Comment

Originally posted by Ciunas View Post
              Bayern Mark O'Mara (hooker) and Gavin Coombes (back row) from last years schools side are surely standouts? Two of the best players from the 2 interpros I saw. Particularly O'Mara
              I only mentioned a few off the top of my head who played irish schools.
              Last edited by Bayern; 23rd-June-2015, 11:33.

Comment

Was very impressed with no 7 and no 15 for u 19s last year. They should be available for u 20 selection this year?

Comment

Originally posted by kingdomboy View Post
                  Was very impressed with no 7 and no 15 for u 19s last year. They should be available for u 20 selection this year?
                  Daniel Walsh and James O'Connor?

you'd assume so

Comment

Daniel Walsh and James O'Connor?

you'd assume so
                    Anybody know what the programmes are and what matches are scheduled?

Comment

Originally posted by kingdomboy View Post
                      Anybody know what the programmes are and what matches are scheduled?
                      Friendlies? Might be up on Munster website in next week or so when the squad have started in Rockwell and some coverage starts up on the website...

Comment

Potential Munster u20 side:

1. Philip Poilet
                        2. Vincent O'Brien
                        3. Ben Betts
                        4. Sean O'Connor
                        5. Sean O'Leary
                        6. John Foley
                        7. Daniel Walsh
                        8. Kelvin Browne
                        9. John Poland
                        10. Bill Johnston
                        11. Joe White
                        12. Rory Horgan
                        13. Paul Kiernan
                        14. James O'Connor
                        15. Dave O'Mahony
                        Last edited by Bayern; 1st-July-2015, 23:26.

Comment

James O'Connor ahead of Calvin Nash? Sean O'Leary ahead of Josh Barnes?
                          \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

Comment

Originally posted by Colliniho View Post
                            James O'Connor ahead of Calvin Nash? Sean O'Leary ahead of Josh Barnes?
                            Nash is still in school, but I could be wrong. If he isn't replace O'Connor with Nash.

Yeah O'Leary ahead of Barnes, O'Leary missed interpro's last season due to injury. Otherwise I'd say he would have started all 3 games.
                            Last edited by Bayern; 2nd-July-2015, 13:57.

Comment

Nash is still in school, but I could be wrong. If he isn't replace O'Connor with Nash.

Yeah O'Leary ahead of Barnes, O'Leary missed interpro's last season due to injury. Otherwise I'd say he would have started all 3 games.
                              O'leary is in the sub academy as well. Mentioned in a pre-season article on the website.

Comment

Working...
                              X