Glenstal 5/2
    Rockwell 3/1
    Crescent 6/1
    PBC 9/1
    St Clements 16/1
    Ardscoil Ris 16/1
    Castletroy 25/1
    St Munchins 40/1

Interesting to hear CBC recruited 4 munster under-18 club players after the interpros -
    Prop, Peter Kelleher
    Hooker, Shane Bushe
    Backrow, Ross O'Neill
    Outhalf, Liam Coombes

Basically, they're back to their worst excesses of shopping for schools teams.

Those are good value odds for Pres, btw. They might not have many standout players, but they've got some very decent results thus far this season. Worth a punt.
    Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

CBC weren't the only one's AFAIK to do that
      Will be interesting to see if Glenstal can win a first ever senior schools cup as they are meant to be very good this year. They play Clements tomorrow and shouldn't have any difficulty there and should advance to play Castletroy in first round proper

Is there any thoughts on Junior cup?

Comment

Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
        Basically, they're back to their worst excesses of shopping for schools teams.

Those are good value odds for Pres, btw. They might not have many standout players, but they've got some very decent results thus far this season. Worth a punt.
        To be eligible I thought they had to be in the school for at least one academic year before the current season's competition.

So I just had a quick look at their website and it seems to confirm that however the exceptions then seem to be able to get around it easily enough.
        http://www.munsterschoolsrugby.com/r...d-regulations/

1. In the case of an “A”School such school is entitled to play (only) 3 schoolboys, who have previously been registered in another School, in the Munster Senior Schools Cup competition in the same academic year in which the said schoolboy(s) transfer schools;

In the case of a B, or C or Associate School the requirement as set out in 3(b) above is waived so that a qualified schoolboy is one who has been continually in full regular attendance in the B, or C or Associate School during school hours (except in case of illness) from 1st October of that academic year and who also complies with the other criteria as above.
        2. In the case of a schoolboy who has in the previous academic year attended a school outside of the province of Munster.
        3. In the case of a schoolboy whose parents or guardians have moved house within the province of Munster.
        4. In other cases, where the Age Grade Committee of Munster Branch IRFU agree that the non-participation by a schoolboy in the Munster Schools Cup for his new school would be unreasonable.

(b) Has, in the case of the Munster Schools Senior Cup, (subject to the exceptions as outlined in the Schedule below) been continually in full regular attendance during school hours (except in case of illness) and being in his second academic year of the school’s academic program and so registered at that school on 1st October in both years in accordance with registration at schools under the Department of Education and Skills regulations.

Comment

The Cork schools don't worry too much about Rules and Regulations anyway ,they,ll screw whoever they want to get their man ,screwing over the clubs for years ,not releasing players back to the clubs after Xmas even though the players (dual registered with the clubs by the way ) aren't involved in "meaningful rugby" when they could be playing competitively with their clubs .If a player hasn't played with the school in the academic year he must request a "transfer" back to his club yet having being involved myself with our local club for over 20 years cannot ever recall filling out a transfer for any player when he joined the schools from us .Rant over

Comment

Castletroy beat Glenstal 10-7

Comment

ridiculously competitive this year! anyone of 5 or 6 could easily win it.

Comment

Originally posted by Knights of Thomond View Post
                ridiculously competitive this year! anyone of 5 or 6 could easily win it.
                Does that mean the standard of schools rugby has gone up or down???

Comment

Originally posted by leftwinger View Post
                  Castletroy beat Glenstal 10-7
                  Attend this game yesterday and I have to say the standard of officiating on show was appalling. Only one team was refereed at the breakdown and maul area. I will be attending the two games in Limerick today and hope that it was a one off for the kids sakes who are training for the guts of 12 months for these games.

On a more positive note it was a great game of tight hard schools cup rugby with great skill and passion a credit to their respective schools. Can see both teams going far to be honest.

Comment

Rockwell 16, Pres 14 (13-0).

Bloody good game, tbh. Only saw the second half, and it looks like Pres lost their hooker early. Two lovely tries, though, one as good an individual one as I've seen in a long time. Pres backs looked lighter but had more ambition and a really good use of space; narrowly missed another with a bad bounce on a chip, and missed one literally by two feet. They had Rockwell hanging on by the end. On a dry track, they could do real damage. Rockwell's were good, too, and their breakdown work was a) cynical as, b) very good.

Two good teams. Stick some more weight on those Pres backs, there could be some good material there.

In other news: Crescent 10, Christians fup-all. Hope they kept the receipt.
                    Last edited by Thomond78; 28th-January-2015, 16:46.

Comment

Originally posted by greenback View Post
                      Does that mean the standard of schools rugby has gone up or down???
                      You would hope up....

quarter-final draw:
                      Crescent v Glenstal
                      Castletroy v PBC
                      Rockwell v St. Munchin's
                      Ardscoil v CBC

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
                        You would hope up....

quarter-final draw:
                        Crescent v Glenstal
                        Castletroy v PBC
                        Rockwell v St. Munchin's
                        Ardscoil v CBC
                        So the favourite and second favourite lost in round one.....
                        Even though its impossible, i'll go for
                        Glenstal
                        Castletroy
                        Rockwell
                        CBC

Really difficult to pick a winner in any of those, bar maybe Rockwell.

Comment

Originally posted by Knights of Thomond View Post
                          So the favourite and second favourite lost in round one.....
                          Even though its impossible, i'll go for
                          Glenstal
                          Castletroy
                          Rockwell
                          CBC

Really difficult to pick a winner in any of those, bar maybe Rockwell.
                          Very difficult to see Glenstal beating Comp. They were impressive yesterday with Calvin Nash to come back into that team for the next round, they will be strong.

I was very disappointed with CBC was expecting big things from them this year especially with there new recruits. However I would not surprised if they went to Limerick and beat ASR the next day out.

Munchins were very unlucky yesterday. I thought there forwards really took the game to ASR in the set piece and were on top for the majority in the right. But after a bad start they could have won with a little bit of luck. However very difficult day out against Rockwell the next day it might prove a step to far for them.

Very hard to pick a winner of the cup. It could be any of 4/5/6 teams. After a great first round of games we are set up for a very tight and good cup.

Comment

Munchins have a definite pattern over the past few years of a huge, 60 minute pack, who blow up in the last 10.

I'll also take an educated guess there was a sudden epidemic of cramp in their ranks at every breakdown as soon as ASR ran at them...

Comment

Anyone going to the Rockwell/Munchins game today? I'll be at ASR/CBC game will give a few updates.

Comment

Working...
                              X