Munster Schools cups 2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Munster Schools cups 2014

Here is the draw for the 2014 cup. There is to be an open draw after round 1 rather than the path being set out as before.
    Munster Schools Cup draws Senior +Junior 2013-14

Senior Cup. Junior Cup

Qualifier. Qualifier
    ‘B’ v PBC ‘B’ v St Munchins

Preliminary Round.

ASR v Glenstal Glenstal v Rockwell

Rockwell v Castletroy CBC v PBC

Winner Q v St.Munchins CCC v ASR

CCC v CBC Castletroy v Winner Q
    My hair is more important than timekeeping!

Sorry abut duplicated thread. Don't how that happened.
    My hair is more important than timekeeping!

Comment

Originally posted by Hermes View Post
      Here is the draw for the 2014 cup. There is to be an open draw after round 1 rather than the path being set out as before.
      Munster Schools Cup draws Senior +Junior 2013-14

Senior Cup. Junior Cup

Qualifier. Qualifier
      ‘B’ v PBC ‘B’ v St Munchins

Preliminary Round.

ASR v Glenstal Glenstal v Rockwell

Rockwell v Castletroy CBC v PBC

Winner Q v St.Munchins CCC v ASR

CCC v CBC Castletroy v Winner Q
      I hear Christians are the over-whelming favourites for the double, are my sources correct?

Also anyone know whats the latest with the player eligibilty rule, it didnt come up to be ratified at the AGM, anybody know why?

Comment

Bandon Grammer beat high school clonmel
        50-00 today.they take pres on in next round

Comment

Pres beat Bandon this afternoon 15-9.

Comment

Originally posted by wrangy View Post
            Pres beat Bandon this afternoon 15-9.
            Pres on the slide for a few years now.
            Only a matter of time before they become a "B" School.

Comment

To Be fair to pres showed a lot of bottle
              to claw it back,Bandon were no mugs.

Comment

Hard skull favourites to win their first senior title;

Boylesport;

Ard scoil....6/4
                comp........7/4
                CBC..........9/2
                PBC..........7/1
                Rock ........8/1
                Munchins...20/1
                Castletroy..33/1
                Glenstal.....150/1

Comment

Castletroy 20-13 Rockwell

CLASSY Castletroy College stunned a fancied Rockwell College side 20-13 to get their SEAT Munster Schools Senior Cup campaign off to a winning start at Clanwilliam FC this Tuesday.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/sport/t...-cup-1-5839528
                  "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                  Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

If they aren't in it now, then they will get a chance to get in it later.. Munster are looking everywhere for talent, they aren't going to ignore certain players based on their school or their name or whatever other factors you might think it be

You make it sound like Castletroy dominated but in reality it was a draw game up until the red card. Fair play to Castletroy though, great result.

Comment

I agree Bayern! Mother Rucker, anyone who has to emphasize being neutral is rarely neutral. You have laid out a few clear predisposed feelings there. Reads to me like Rockwell grew into the game and gave an excellent account of themselves with 14 men. I believe they were on top with 14 men as well before Castletroy got a late break away try.

I count maybe 8 of the Rockwell 15 who played representative rugby this season. That's 8 over 18's and 19's. There are 8 Senior Schools. Probably panels of 25 at each level. What this means is that Rockwell have exactly the percentage you would expect. That's why their not in the list of favorites. Other years they've had more and other schools have it this year and hence the favourite tag. If this was Bandon Grammar giving out about not getting looked at I'd give you some credence but to say they are not looking at Castletroy is laughable.

On a side issue, I have to give praise to the papers and the deadsite for not giving the name of the player sent off. It will forever show up in google searches.

Comment

PBC v Munchins finished 8 all, Munchins get home 1/4 by way of the first try rule.

Comment

Crescent beat Christians 39 0 in Rosbrien.
                          We made a balls of it, and that's something we've got to live with: Ronan O'Gara. (losing home HC record v Leicester)

Look at soccer. If you get tackled, you pretend you are half dead. If you get punched in the face in rugby, you try to pretend nothing happened. (Paul O'Connell)

Comment

Munchins were rabbits in the headlights at the end. Pres running at them from everywhere, some lovely inventive rugby - good Penneyball, really. Munchins much bulkier, but no actual rugby that I saw at all. I'd be recruiting more from Pres, because those kids will get bigger long before Munchins get better.
                            Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
                              Munchins were rabbits in the headlights at the end. Pres running at them from everywhere, some lovely inventive rugby - good Penneyball, really. Munchins much bulkier, but no actual rugby that I saw at all. I'd be recruiting more from Pres, because those kids will get bigger long before Munchins get better.
                              Wow !
                              Yet Pres couldn't get the job done...!

Comment

Working...
                              X