X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crescent boy 2
    replied
    Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post

Great. So it seems likely that Pres won it so?

PBC didn't create anything of note. Got field position from Crescent mistakes and their bigger pack won the battle close to the line to score 2 tries. Will be interesting to see how they cope with Munchins/Castletroy in a semi final.
    Would say the team that comes from CBC, Crescent & Rockwell would be favourites in a final.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• blackwarrior
    replied
    Originally posted by mac22 View Post
    Was at it myself , tight enough game. when it went 14 - 8 i thought CCC might have come back . I thing CCC have to meet Rockwell and then CBC ?
    Great. So it seems likely that Pres won it so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• mac22
    replied
    Was at it myself , tight enough game. when it went 14 - 8 i thought CCC might have come back . I thing CCC have to meet Rockwell and then CBC ?

Leave a comment:

• blackwarrior
    replied
    Originally posted by Crescent boy 2 View Post
    Attended the PBC Vs CCC game this afternoon in Cork. Scoreline didn't reflect the closeness of the game. PBC had a big pack and had the benefit of a wind in the first half that died in the second. Wouldn't be suprised if these two teams meet again in the final.
    Did the scoreline reflect who won?

Leave a comment:

• Crescent boy 2
    replied
    Attended the PBC Vs CCC game this afternoon in Cork. Scoreline didn't reflect the closeness of the game. PBC had a big pack and had the benefit of a wind in the first half that died in the second. Wouldn't be suprised if these two teams meet again in the final.

Leave a comment:

• ormond lad
    replied
    Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
    I see Keith Woods son Alex played a staring roll for Munchins today to beat Ard Scoil 13 to12 anybody know how good he is ?Is he too young for Ireland under 20?
    reffed him few times. Very good player. is year or two young for 20s and is in school so ineligible for 20s anyway
    may play Irish 18s later in the year

Leave a comment:

• POPEYE
    replied
    I see Keith Woods son Alex played a staring roll for Munchins today to beat Ard Scoil 13 to12 anybody know how good he is ?Is he too young for Ireland under 20?

Leave a comment:

• quin_dub
    replied
    Originally posted by Point View Post

I'm surprised that the whole schools v youth eligibility is still raging in Munster. Surely the priority should be to get as many players playing as possible ? How does Nucifora stand over what's going on ?
    The problem is that Munster are trying to replicate the Leinster Model which they simply do not have the scale or resources to do.

The Schools competition isn't big enough or strong enough to warrant the exclusion of schools players from any other rugby. There are at most a dozen schools playing Rugby to any really meaningful standard in Munster. It's just not enough. To win a Munster schools cup you are playing 6-8 competitive games at most , even including the meaningless round robin stages. By contrast to win the Munster Club club you are playing 14/15 games to win a final, club players will also potentially play another 8-10 competitive games in the regional leagues and cups.

They should be following something closer to the Connacht model where players are free to play for their schools and their clubs in order to maximise the volume of competitive rugby the players are exposed to.

But that would require an admission from the Schools committee and the Munster branch executive that they are more like Connacht than Leinster in terms of player resources and I don't think they are capable of admitting that.

Leave a comment:

• Point
    replied
    Originally posted by Sulla View Post

Schools rugby isn’t under control of the Branch
    I'm surprised that the whole schools v youth eligibility is still raging in Munster. Surely the priority should be to get as many players playing as possible ? How does Nucifora stand over what's going on ?

Leave a comment:

• ormond lad
    replied
    Originally posted by Sulla View Post

Some claim it isnt and the way they act in some areas ... but if it isnt who do they report to?

Cups starting week after next...

Leave a comment:

• Sulla
    replied
    Originally posted by Talking Sense View Post
    Anyone know where I can complain to the branch? Was at a junior schools cup match today in Bandon grammar and Rockwell’s carry on was a disgrace, thanks in advance lads

Leave a comment:

• VickVinegar
    replied
    Originally posted by Talking Sense View Post
    Anyone know where I can complain to the branch? Was at a junior schools cup match today in Bandon grammar and Rockwell’s carry on was a disgrace, thanks in advance lads
    I wouldn't bother - I'm sure the game had a referee.

Leave a comment:

• Talking Sense
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ormond lad
    replied
    Originally posted by Piquet View Post
    And they can't qualify for the knockouts.
    players will have Munster cup/plate/bowl after Christmasso no harm in not playing later on in schools comp. Hopefully will see this continued with another club team added in time.

Leave a comment:

• Piquet
    replied
    And they can't qualify for the knockouts.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X