Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Munster Schools Cup 2019-20

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Munster Schools Cup 2019-20

    According to the Leader the Schools Senior and Junior Cups will have a new format next season.

    There will be a round robin group stage with two groups of five before Christmas with the knockout stages after Christmas. There will be a team drawn from the non A schools.

    #2
    Fixtures have been up on Munster website for sheer period and it would have been decided at agms of schools committee etc last month.
    will be interesting how the combo team does and how much they draw players from as cant really expect it to be province wide with so much travel for some.

    Would be nice if clubs(youths) players got to play more on main pitch in thomond like schools players do

    Comment


      #3
      Yeah two teams from the non-A schools may possibly be a more viable option, a North / South split. Be easier from a training etc. point of view. A real progressive move though increasing these players exposure to a higher level more regularly.

      Comment


        #4
        Are there any players already being talked about from outside the A schools?

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by LimerickRugbyFan View Post
          Yeah two teams from the non-A schools may possibly be a more viable option, a North / South split. Be easier from a training etc. point of view. A real progressive move though increasing these players exposure to a higher level more regularly.
          how much of higher level is schools from the top clubs already though?
          stopping or reducing number of school games at weekends and then all players involved able to play club at weekends would be better with some restrictions as in stop all kids from one school playing for a specific club as in limit that way would be better.
          Who knows what way these aides will be picked/selected and how much they coach. Will be interesting if more info is put up about that

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
            how much of higher level is schools from the top clubs already though?
            stopping or reducing number of school games at weekends and then all players involved able to play club at weekends would be better with some restrictions as in stop all kids from one school playing for a specific club as in limit that way would be better.
            Who knows what way these aides will be picked/selected and how much they coach. Will be interesting if more info is put up about that
            From my experience, having played both, it is significantly higher. I would even say 20s AIL is a slightly lower level than schools senior cup not to mind U18s clubs. I understand that it would be great to see everybody playing club but in particular at senior cup level it just will not happen in my opinion, even from a time point of view you'd be asking kids to play schools and clubs then on top of the leaving cert.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by LimerickRugbyFan View Post

              From my experience, having played both, it is significantly higher. I would even say 20s AIL is a slightly lower level than schools senior cup not to mind U18s clubs. I understand that it would be great to see everybody playing club but in particular at senior cup level it just will not happen in my opinion, even from a time point of view you'd be asking kids to play schools and clubs then on top of the leaving cert.
              top level club games are not significantly less from my experience. I wouldn't at all call 20s club rugby lower than schools cup
              never played schools cup but played enough of the schools sides in games including regional development game against sct sides.
              it is comfortably done in connacht so leaving cert isnt an issue there so no reason why it can be used as excuse in Munster.

              Comment

              Working...
              X