• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blade
    replied
    Originally posted by Piquet View Post
    Is Cork Con a University?

Are the Cork Charity Cup, the Munster Senior Cup, the Bateman Cup and the All Ireland League University competitions in a variety of sports?

My point was that UCCRFC had an opportunity, last Saturday, to emulate their peers in UCCAFC, UCCGFC and UCCHC and have UCC hold the four Championships of the most popular team sports in the country.
    Hook...Line....and
    Apologies I couldn’t resist !

Leave a comment:

• Piquet
    replied
    Is Cork Con a University?

Are the Cork Charity Cup, the Munster Senior Cup, the Bateman Cup and the All Ireland League University competitions in a variety of sports?

My point was that UCCRFC had an opportunity, last Saturday, to emulate their peers in UCCAFC, UCCGFC and UCCHC and have UCC hold the four Championships of the most popular team sports in the country.

Leave a comment:

• blade
    replied
    My game today is at the ''Dyke" for the visit of UCD where the Dudley Cup is at stake.

History could be made here, UCC are holders of the Fitzgibbon Cup, (Hurling), the Sigerson Cup (Football) and the Collingwood Cup (Soccer Cup) I don't think any other team has ever held all four Cups.
    Cork Con ? Cork Charity Cup - Munster Senior Cup - Bateman Cup - All Ireland League.

Leave a comment:

• Piquet
    replied
    College 10(1T) Collidge 24(3T)

Unusually College got a pen 5 yards out and 5 yards in but didn't kick to the corner or take the scrum. They tapped it, set up a maul and let it out to score.

They had the bonus at 10-17 but a careless off load on halfway was thrown into the hands of the previous tackler, making his way back.
    He turned around and scored.

Leave a comment:

• Piquet
    replied
    You seem to have changed your mind.

In Post 87, you find fault with "all" that I post.

There now, in post 90, it's "the majority" with which you have a problem.

What I post is what I deem to be "material" , to use a word of which you are fond.

Anything that any of the 33 people involved in the game do is "material" to my mind.

To be specific, a yellow for persistent infringements by an individual happens way less often that a "team yellow" and is, to my mind, worthy of comment.

Ignoring the offside line, allowing crooked feeds to line out and scrum, repeated warnings without a card for subsequent offences and an "every second turn" policy for Scrum penalties are, alas, all too common and hardly worthy of comment.

Collidge lead 10(1T) to nil at HT.
    Last edited by Piquet; 30th-November-2019, 15:44.

Leave a comment:

• ormond lad
    replied
    It's not all I post. Look at posts 75, 77, 79 and 81. No reference to any of the officials.

I said, in the original post, the first card for persistent infringing by an individual.

Usually it is given for persistent infringement by a team, with the most recent infringer bring carded.
    a yellow for persistent infringement by an individual happens quite a bit so far from unusual to point you post about it as something extraordinary. Now if a teams players removed post pads it would be something worthy of mention but not majority of what you post about games....

Leave a comment:

• Piquet
    replied
    My game today is at the ''Dyke" for the visit of UCD where the Dudley Cup is at stake.

History could be made here, UCC are holders of the Fitzgibbon Cup, (Hurling), the Sigerson Cup (Football) and the Collingwood Cup (Soccer Cup) I don't think any other team has ever held all four Cups.

Leave a comment:

• Piquet
    replied
    It's not all I post. Look at posts 75, 77, 79 and 81. No reference to any of the officials.

I said, in the original post, the first card for persistent infringing by an individual.

Usually it is given for persistent infringement by a team, with the most recent infringer bring carded.

Leave a comment:

• ormond lad
    replied
    OL, I usually focus on unusual, humourous or high class incidents.

ln a game that finished 10-6, "excellent scores and pieces of play" were conspicuous by their absence.
    The try resulted from a fumble by the cover defence, all the other scores were pens.

It is unusual for yellow cards to be given for either of the reasons used last night. I therefore mentioned them.
    but it's all you seem to post about games.
    and a yellow card for persistent infringement is neither unusual humourous or high class.

Leave a comment:

• Piquet
    replied
    OL, I usually focus on unusual, humourous or high class incidents.

ln a game that finished 10-6, "excellent scores and pieces of play" were conspicuous by their absence.
    The try resulted from a fumble by the cover defence, all the other scores were pens.

It is unusual for yellow cards to be given for either of the reasons used last night. I therefore mentioned them.

Leave a comment:

• ormond lad
    replied
    I've said it before and I know you will have issue piquet but your focus on refs in AIL is strange. You seem to bring up refs in every post about a game instead of talking about excellent scores, pieces of play.

We lost again. 4th defeat in a row. 3rd in a row by less than 3 points!

Leave a comment:

• jagawayagain
    replied
    Two cards at the 'Dyke. One just before HT to the Con No 8 for persistent offending ( by him, not by the team), the other just before the end to the College 10 for lip.

I can't really blame him, Sir seemed only to ref one side and his (the 10) frustration finally got the better of him.
    I am sure you must be mistaken. One sided refereeing does not occur.

Leave a comment:

• Piquet
    replied
    Two cards at the 'Dyke. One just before HT to the Con No 8 for persistent offending ( by him, not by the team), the other just before the end to the College 10 for lip.

I can't really blame him, Sir seemed only to ref one side and his (the 10) frustration finally got the better of him.

Leave a comment:

• ormond lad
    replied
    Tonight's results
    UCC 6 Con 10, Sundays well 24 Midleton 6

Leave a comment:

• Piquet
    replied
    Ground out is right. Two of their tries were from Mauls, one from 20 or so out, the other from ten or so out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X