No announcement yet.

All Ireland League 2019-2020 Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Con and College at home on alternate weekends, excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
      Con and College at home on alternate weekends, excellent.
      for a tiny number of neutrals. Is there really many who may attend 1A games each week in cork....
      Would be much better if league fixtures were randomised in second half of season

Majority of Friday night games are 2A and we're playing 4 of them which is good.

Comment

I saw a lot of people in both venues last season. Not at every game, but then I didn't go to a game every AIL weekend.

If a gang on a stag, or some other weekend are in Cork wouldn't it be good for them to have an AIL Div 1A game to go to?

Comment

I saw a lot of people in both venues last season. Not at every game, but then I didn't go to a game every AIL weekend.

If a gang on a stag, or some other weekend are in Cork wouldn't it be good for them to have an AIL Div 1A game to go to?
          a stag yeah because there is always stags at ail games...
          there shouldn't have to be 1A games in the city every weekend of league action. It should be about all league activity not looking at one division one area in isolation. Same with wegians, Corinthians in 2B. They will often be home same weekend and it's not a problem.

There is a lot more that should be done with the league rather than this
          And by a lot at both venues(regularly??) you mean??

Comment

Hey, Mush, it costs precisely nowt to organise an even amount of games in a town/city, rather than a feast/famine situation.

Local Media, Radio, Papers etc. can organise their resources better. This would mean better coverage for the League, which would please the Sponsors.

I can't quantify "a lot" as you request. No more than you can quantify the "tiny number" or the "really many".

Maybe there's scope for a Research Project in the area. I might be persuaded to do it if the money was right.

Comment

Hey, Mush, it costs precisely nowt to organise an even amount of games in a town/city, rather than a feast/famine situation.

Local Media, Radio, Papers etc. can organise their resources better. This would mean better coverage for the League, which would please the Sponsors.

I can't quantify "a lot" as you request. No more than you can quantify the "tiny number" or the "really many".

Maybe there's scope for a Research Project in the area. I might be persuaded to do it if the money was right.
              so we have to take into account all clubs in all cities then? Is it just the 1a clubs as what about dolphin, well etc and when they clash? It's not an issue for the clubs as they will focus on their members, and local papers will still get the games covered like they do with any other competition. They will have reporters at away games as well so resources there is not a factor.
              you keep saying this is a issue but care to show how many people this may actually affect or anything to show the clubs themselves had issues with games clashing and how that affected people who might go to both if there wasnt a clash.

Comment

Dolphin and the Well share a pitch, so they can't be scheduled at home at the same time.

Why are you defending the status quo against a change that costs nothing and is implemented in practically every league in other sports throughout the world?

Comment

Dolphin and the Well share a pitch, so they can't be scheduled at home at the same time.

Why are you defending the status quo against a change that costs nothing and is implemented in practically every league in other sports throughout the world?
                  but clubs dotb have issues with it. There is very very few people who would go to all these games if spread out more.
                  I'm simply arguing that these changes are not needed for the tiny tiny number of people who may go to several clubs games. There is far more that clubs could be doing to promote their ail games to club members like getting minis/youths to games and their parents. Reunions ofnteams from past, etc

Comment

But shouldn't the clubs be trying to attract non-members to their games?

Comment

But shouldn't the clubs be trying to attract non-members to their games?
                      of course but you are focusing on 2 clubs based on selfish needs of just wanting to go to a small number of clubs home games only when there is so many other factors across the entire league and whole country in play.

Comment

I'm not "focusing on 2 clubs" as you put it.

It is a general principle of Marketing that you don't issue two or more competing products at the same time and then bring nothing out the next time.

As I have regularly stated, this principle should be applied all over the League. All else being equal, Wesley and Belvo should not be at home at the same time. Similarly 'Nure and Mary's.

As I have also regularly stated, including a few posts ago, it's done in Leagues in all sorts of different sports all over the world.

EDIT It's not an "either/or" situation, OL. Both of our suggestions should be tried.
                        Last edited by Piquet; 23rd-July-2019, 13:40.

Comment

I'm not "focusing on 2 clubs" as you put it.

It is a general principle of Marketing that you don't issue two or more competing products at the same time and then bring nothing out the next time.

As I have regularly stated, this principle should be applied all over the League. All else being equal, Wesley and Belvo should not be at home at the same time. Similarly 'Nure and Mary's.

As I have also regularly stated, including a few posts ago, it's done in Leagues in all sorts of different sports all over the world.
                          but there is far more beyond belvedere and nure with lansdowne, wanderers also just minutes away. I go to plenty of games. I've good friends playing with wesley and they will say without doubt there is no crossover of people who'll go to wesley and belvedere games if they were playing alternate weeks at home. It simply would never cross their mind for vast majority of people. Terenure and Mary's If in same division maybe but otherwise even with their big rivalry. People wouldnt be going to be both clubs home games on alternate weeks.

Games with neighbouring sides aren't played in many leagues like England in soccer because of policing issues not because of getting people who may attend each clubs home games.

Comment

https://www.nsfnews.com/5d36e5e51133...oMhui3Y3gaGwTg

Bohs' Darragh Frawley to be new Ireland U20s coach

Comment

OL, if two clubs each have a game at the same time then noone will attend both matches.

If they have matches at different times, some people, not many, granted, will attend both.

Died in the wool fans if one Club probably wouldn't be seen dead in the grounds of their nearest neighbours but non-members, the people you should be trying to attract might, if given the opportunity.

If you keep on doing things the same way you always did them, then you'll always get what you always got.

Comment

OL, if two clubs each have a game at the same time then noone will attend both matches.

If they have matches at different times, some people, not many, granted, will attend both.

Died in the wool fans if one Club probably wouldn't be seen dead in the grounds of their nearest neighbours but non-members, the people you should be trying to attract might, if given the opportunity.

If you keep on doing things the same way you always did them, then you'll always get what you always got.
                                these are big assumptions maybe for derby games but otherwise you are greatly overestimating how many people would attend these games. It's a very big struggle to get substantial numbers to maybe attend 1 club game a weekend be it junior or senior nevermind more than that.
                                you would be far better for clubs to use measures to get more of their own members attending games from getting kids youths and minis members and more importantly their parents attending club games regularly than trying what you suggest. Non members are not really going to attend that many games one weekend. There is showing they have interwt in the sport to do that.

Comment

Working...
                                X