X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All Ireland League 2019-2020 Talk/Gossip/Rumours

4 Munster sides in 1A, 2 in 1B, 5 in 2A, 0 in 2B, 4 in 2C

1A
    Cork Con, Clontarf, Lansdowne, Trinity, Garryowen, UCD, Young Munster, Terenure, UCC, Ballynahinch
    1B
    Shannon, Old Wesley, Naas, Malone, Banbridge, St Marys, Old Belvedere, Armagh, Highfield, Navan
    2A
    Buccaneers, Ballymena, Cashel, Queens, UL Bohemians, Old Crescent, Dolphin, Nenagh, MU Barnhall, Rainey Old Boys
    2B
    Blackrock, Galwegians, Greystones, Sligo, Dungannon, Corinthians, Wanderers, Belfast Harlequins, Ballina, Malahide
    2C
    Skerries, Sundays Well, Midleton, Bruff, Omagh, City of Derry, Tullamore, Bangor, Enniscorthy, Clonmel

Any coaching/transfer changes yet?

Hopefully College and Con will be at home on alternate weeks again.

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
      4 Munster sides in 1A, 2 in 1B, 5 in 2A, 0 in 2B, 4 in 2C

1A
      Cork Con, Clontarf, Lansdowne, Trinity, Garryowen, UCD, Young Munster, Terenure, UCC, Ballynahinch
      1B
      Shannon, Old Wesley, Naas, Malone, Banbridge, St Marys, Old Belvedere, Armagh, Highfield, Navan
      2A
      Buccaneers, Ballymena, Cashel, Queens, UL Bohemians, Old Crescent, Dolphin, Nenagh, MU Barnhall, Rainey Old Boys
      2B
      Blackrock, Galwegians, Greystones, Sligo, Dungannon, Corinthians, Wanderers, Belfast Harlequins, Ballina, Malahide
      2C
      Skerries, Sundays Well, Midleton, Bruff, Omagh, City of Derry, Tullamore, Bangor, Enniscorthy, Clonmel

Any coaching/transfer changes yet?
      Paul Neville stepping away from coaching with Garryowen.
      Seán Skehan is stepping away from his roles as Garryowen attack coach and Glenstal DOR to take up Head Coach role at Terenure Coll RFC and DOR role at Terenure Coll (School).
      I believe Garryowen are trying to get Mike Sherry and Ronan O'Mahoney on board as coaches in some capacity.

Tom Hayes and David O'Donovan have left Shannon, as have their 20's coaches.The manner in which the club tried to implement changes was supposedly appalling so the coaches walked (in most cases). Currently only have Tadhg Bennett confirmed as a coach for next season.

Christy Neilan has departed UL bohs, George Murray (Munster Video analyst) has been ratified there as Head Coach.

No changes that i know of at Young Munster.

Comment

Originally posted by PEATB0G View Post

Seán Skehan is stepping away from his roles as Garryowen attack coach and Glenstal DOR to take up Head Coach role at Terenure Coll RFC and DOR role at Terenure Coll (School).
        I believe Garryowen are trying to get Mike Sherry and Ronan O'Mahoney on board as coaches in some capacity.

Tom Hayes and David O'Donovan have left Shannon, as have their 20's coaches.The manner in which the club tried to implement changes was supposedly appalling so the coaches walked (in most cases). Currently only have Tadhg Bennett confirmed as a coach for next season.

Christy Neilan has departed UL bohs, George Murray (Munster Video analyst) has been ratified there as Head Coach.

Weve had few players asked by Munsters to move in. Not many gone in afaik
        We've new coaches not sure who yet.
        Skehan going to Dublin will be interesting. Will be on good money there...

Comment

Not 100% sure Christy Neilan has left Bohs, as fas as I know, George Murray is in as a DOR role.

Comment

Originally posted by LimerickRugbyFan View Post

Not 100% sure Christy Neilan has left Bohs, as fas as I know, George Murray is in as a DOR role.
            Christy is definitely gone. They are currently speaking to 2 options that i know of as forwards coaches to work with George.

Comment

Tom Hayes in as senior coach at Bohs with George Murray, Darragh Frawley, Christy Neilan, Olan ?, and Cathal Sheridan as assistant coaches.

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/s...annon-rfc.html

Comment

Originally posted by LimerickRugbyFan View Post
                Tom Hayes in as senior coach at Bohs with George Murray, Darragh Frawley, Christy Neilan, Olan ?, and Cathal Sheridan as assistant coaches.

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/s...annon-rfc.html
                George is Head Coach. Tom will be his assistant. My sources had told me Christy was told by George that they were looking for a new face/voice to work with the forwards so i assumed (unfortunately) that meant he was gone altogether but now say that he's agreed to take the U20's head coach role.

Comment

George is Head Coach. Tom will be his assistant. My sources had told me Christy was told by George that they were looking for a new face/voice to work with the forwards so i assumed (unfortunately) that meant he was gone altogether but now say that he's agreed to take the U20's head coach role.
                  That doesn't make sense. With his Munster commitment George won't be able to attend a number of AIL games next season. Financially it doesn't make sense either. Why employ and paid a Head Coach of he is going to miss the majority of your matches?
                  Its deja vu all over again!!!

Comment

Any word on who is coaching Shannon next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent boy 2 View Post

That doesn't make sense. With his Munster commitment George won't be able to attend a number of AIL games next season. Financially it doesn't make sense either. Why employ and paid a Head Coach of he is going to miss the majority of your matches?
                      George was appointed before things went south at Shannon resulting in Hayes and O'Donovan departing. Bohs are delighted now to have Hayes on board for the issues you've highlighted above. They'll have a presence on the sideline that they'd have confidence in in George's absence. While i know we're not talking about the all blacks here you might recall Steve Hansen saying towards the end of last year that he was moving towards saying virtually nothing to the players on matchdays. The coaches biggest impact is made during the week. (And i'd assume Goerge wouldn't have an issue with analysing the matches!!!)

Viigand : So far only Tadhg Bennett confirmed as a coach. Hayes, O'Donovan, and Paul McMahon (20's assistant) gone as Coaches. All Physios and Fitness coaches gone too because of the way things were handled. Only Pat Brown (Kelvin's Uncle) so far has been asked on as a coach for next season but has been turned down for the forwards role! And thats believed to be only to keep the Brown/O'Shea faction of the club happy.
                      Fergal Walsh (Former club 2nd row) and Davy Quinlan have declined taking a role on the coaching staff because of Geoff Moylan's involvment. Supposedly Ger Burke (of The Club Scene Podcast et al) has turn down an approach. Brendan Guilfoyle is the latest name in the ring.

Comment

George was appointed before things went south at Shannon resulting in Hayes and O'Donovan departing. Bohs are delighted now to have Hayes on board for the issues you've highlighted above. They'll have a presence on the sideline that they'd have confidence in in George's absence. While i know we're not talking about the all blacks here you might recall Steve Hansen saying towards the end of last year that he was moving towards saying virtually nothing to the players on matchdays. The coaches biggest impact is made during the week. (And i'd assume Goerge wouldn't have an issue with analysing the matches!!!)

Viigand : So far only Tadhg Bennett confirmed as a coach. Hayes, O'Donovan, and Paul McMahon (20's assistant) gone as Coaches. All Physios and Fitness coaches gone too because of the way things were handled. Only Pat Brown (Kelvin's Uncle) so far has been asked on as a coach for next season but has been turned down for the forwards role! And thats believed to be only to keep the Brown/O'Shea faction of the club happy.
                        Fergal Walsh (Former club 2nd row) and Davy Quinlan have declined taking a role on the coaching staff because of Geoff Moylan's involvment. Supposedly Ger Burke (of The Club Scene Podcast et al) has turn down an approach. Brendan Guilfoyle is the latest name in the ring.
                        Bizarre that this sort of uncertainty is still going on at shannon this late. You'd assume most clubs will be going back next week or the week after. Does't bode well for them!!

Comment

Energia AIL going forward.

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/s...ILmEU.facebook
                          Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Cork Charity Cup fixtures released - Games to be played on 24-Aug-2019 at 2:30pm

Cashel vs Highfield

Cork Con vs Dolphin

Comment

League fixtures up now.
                              https://www.irishrugby.ie/2019/07/22...res-announced/

Comment

Working...
                              X