Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Age Grade Interpros 19/20

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Age Grade Interpros 19/20

    The Munster Rugby U17 Inter-County Competition gets underway at Cork Institute of Technology on Saturday with six teams from across the province participating in the inaugural event.

    The squads are made up of club players from across the Munster counties with teams scheduled to play one another over two weekends of competition, including Saturday 6 April and Saturday 13 April.

    Matches begin at 11am on both days with the top two teams meeting in the final on day two of the competition.

    The U17 Inter-County Competition is an opportunity for age-grade club players to develop their skills in a fun and competitive environment, while also encouraging them to participate in the game.

    U17 Inter-County Competition | Saturday 6 April & Saturday 13 April, CIT (matches from 11am)

    https://munsterrugby.ie/domestic_new...n-set-for-cit/

    #2
    Thanks for posting this- good to see this happening.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
      Thanks for posting this- good to see this happening.
      Thats why this thread is good to have and not have everything in academy thread as better IMO to split the interpro info from the academy players etc
      Yeah this is a real good idea but was interested to see on munster domestic fixtures/results page the fixtures for it with competing teams: Cork Red/Cork White/Kerry/Clare/East Munster but nothing for Limerick??

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
        Thats why this thread is good to have and not have everything in academy thread as better IMO to split the interpro info from the academy players etc
        Yeah this is a real good idea but was interested to see on munster domestic fixtures/results page the fixtures for it with competing teams: Cork Red/Cork White/Kerry/Clare/East Munster but nothing for Limerick??
        Is this just a clubs thing? If so maybe the limerick lads are invlovled with the East or Clare teams?

        Edit:
        Didn't read correctly as it is a clubs thing. Possibly so players from town in the Clare side, NCW / Abbeyfeale in the Kerry and Bruff in East seems logical?

        Comment


          #5
          The county teams are based on where the player lives , not the location of their club.

          The Clare team is mostly Ennis (16/17 players) , a few from Kilrush and Senans and 1 from Garryowen (but living in Clare) so there might be a few Limerick club players playing for the Tipp/East team.

          Also - Any player that has ever been involved in a Munster development panel is excluded from these teams , I also think that it's only for "club only" players , so that maybe leaves a fairly small pool from Limerick especially as Bruff and Newcastlewest would not have sent any players as they are in the North Munster Cup final this week-end.

          Comment


            #6
            The Clare team won the Inaugural U17 Inter-county Cup on Saturday in CIT

            Comment


              #7
              Munster u18s schools played Connacht recently and u18 clubs play Ulster next week in Thomond.

              Comment


                #8
                I see the score for the Munster Connaught u18 match is up on Munster website.Munster won well but I can’t see the team anywhere.
                Is there a reason for not publishing underage teams ?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by piardóg View Post
                  I see the score for the Munster Connaught u18 match is up on Munster website.Munster won well but I can’t see the team anywhere.
                  Is there a reason for not publishing underage teams ?
                  Its only May and these are squads preparing for the Interpros in August. May see no need to publish any teams now

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Under 19 fixtures
                    August 18th home to Connacht
                    August 22nd away to Ulster
                    August 26th central venue vs Leinster
                    Camp starts July 1st.
                    Its deja vu all over again!!!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Crescent boy 2 View Post
                      Under 19 fixtures
                      August 18th home to Connacht
                      August 22nd away to Ulster
                      August 26th central venue vs Leinster
                      Camp starts July 1st.
                      Central venue is good to see. Interesting theyre moving the 19s earlier as well as the 18s.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Have munster only 1 u18 side this summer? a combined school/club side?

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by ScrummieMan View Post
                          Have munster only 1 u18 side this summer? a combined school/club side?
                          As I understand it, there are 2 teams , but the squads will be a combination of both clubs & schools.

                          So no discreet Club or School team , but still 2 teams

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X