X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ormond lad
    replied
    Originally posted by Crescent boy 2 View Post
    There appears to be an issue regarding the availability of Thomond Park for next weeks games in the Senior Cup and there are unconfirmed reports that the matches are going to be moved to Musgrave Park. This would mean that 2 Limerick schools would play each other in Cork and a Limerick school drawn at home would lose their home advantage. Let hope common sense prevails and if Thomond Park is unavailable for whatever reason an alternative venue in Limerick will be found for the games.
    Should early round games be played in Thomond/Musgrave?
    Surely it should be limited to just semi finals and finals.

Leave a comment:

• i_like_cake
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	schools_cup.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	2559432Yea, schools rugby in munster is very skewed toward the 2 rugby playing schools of Cork.

Leave a comment:

• mac22
    replied
    Christians are huge favorites in Seniors and apparently Christians and Rockwell in Juniors . Christians also in the Harty Cup final , it pays to flood teams with sports scholarships !

Leave a comment:

• Piquet
    replied
    Christians beat Crescent 21-19 and Pres beat Rockwell 31-9.

Leave a comment:

• Waterfordlad
    replied
    Castletroy lost to Ardscoil Ris in Senior Cup this afternoon, final score 45-17 to Ardscoil

It was more dramatic between Glenstal and Bandon. Bandon went ahead with 5 mins to go, but Gleeson (I think) for Glenstal got a late try to draw the game 15 all

Leave a comment:

• Crescent boy 2
    replied
    Limerick Leader reporting that games will go ahead in Thomond Park after all - thankfully common sense has prevailed.

Leave a comment:

• Sulla
    replied
    Muzzer being utilised as goto location for underage match incld. schools. U16 & U18 Final, Cup Plate, Shield, will all played off in Festivals of rugby over a weekend in March

Leave a comment:

• mac22
    replied
    I heard that too apparently, CCC are going to have to meet CBC in Muzzer losing home advantage , seriously bad form if true

Leave a comment:

• Crescent boy 2
    replied
    There appears to be an issue regarding the availability of Thomond Park for next weeks games in the Senior Cup and there are unconfirmed reports that the matches are going to be moved to Musgrave Park. This would mean that 2 Limerick schools would play each other in Cork and a Limerick school drawn at home would lose their home advantage. Let hope common sense prevails and if Thomond Park is unavailable for whatever reason an alternative venue in Limerick will be found for the games.

Leave a comment:

• Sulla
    replied
    Crescent beat Glenstal yesterday for the honour of playing Bandon in the QF's of the Junior Cup

Leave a comment:

• Crescent boy 2
    replied
    Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
    Shame its gone back to straight knock out with no second game for all sides

Rockwell beat Munchins 36-5 in senior and Bandon Grammar beat High School Clonmel 67-0.
    Junior competition starts next week and next games in senior are week of 11th february
    My understanding is that a subsidiary competition is being run for teams that don't make the semi finals. Hopefully it's final will be played on the same day and venue as the primary competition. Looking forward to CCC Vs CBC in 2 weeks

Leave a comment:

• mac22
    replied
    As far as i know Rockwell are favourites for JCT and SCT is pretty open . CBC v Crescent is set to be a cracker

Leave a comment:

• LimerickRugbyFan
    replied
    I believe there's a second competition running after the QFs for the sides that are out!

Leave a comment:

• ormond lad
    replied
    Originally posted by Sulla View Post

Was Bandon that beat Clonmel
    was indeed. dont know why i typed munchins again

Leave a comment:

• Sulla
    replied
    Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
    Shame its gone back to straight knock out with no second game for all sides

Rockwell beat Munchins 36-5 in senior and Munchins beat High School Clonmel 67-0.
    Junior competition starts next week and next games in senior are week of 11th february
    Was Bandon that beat Clonmel

Leave a comment:

Working...
X