Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schools Cup 2019

Shame its gone back to straight knock out with no second game for all sides

Rockwell beat Munchins 36-5 in senior and Bandon Grammar beat High School Clonmel 67-0.
    Junior competition starts next week and next games in senior are week of 11th february
    Last edited by ormond lad; 24th-January-2019, 17:09.

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post

Rockwell beat Munchins 36-5 in senior and Munchins beat High School Clonmel 67-0.
    Junior competition starts next week and next games in senior are week of 11th february
    Was Bandon that beat Clonmel
    Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post

Was Bandon that beat Clonmel
      was indeed. dont know why i typed munchins again

Comment

I believe there's a second competition running after the QFs for the sides that are out!

Comment

As far as i know Rockwell are favourites for JCT and SCT is pretty open . CBC v Crescent is set to be a cracker

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post

Rockwell beat Munchins 36-5 in senior and Bandon Grammar beat High School Clonmel 67-0.
            My understanding is that a subsidiary competition is being run for teams that don't make the semi finals. Hopefully it's final will be played on the same day and venue as the primary competition. Looking forward to CCC Vs CBC in 2 weeks
            Its deja vu all over again!!!

Comment

Crescent beat Glenstal yesterday for the honour of playing Bandon in the QF's of the Junior Cup

Comment

There appears to be an issue regarding the availability of Thomond Park for next weeks games in the Senior Cup and there are unconfirmed reports that the matches are going to be moved to Musgrave Park. This would mean that 2 Limerick schools would play each other in Cork and a Limerick school drawn at home would lose their home advantage. Let hope common sense prevails and if Thomond Park is unavailable for whatever reason an alternative venue in Limerick will be found for the games.

Comment

I heard that too apparently, CCC are going to have to meet CBC in Muzzer losing home advantage , seriously bad form if true

Comment

Muzzer being utilised as goto location for underage match incld. schools. U16 & U18 Final, Cup Plate, Shield, will all played off in Festivals of rugby over a weekend in March

Comment

Limerick Leader reporting that games will go ahead in Thomond Park after all - thankfully common sense has prevailed.

Comment

Castletroy lost to Ardscoil Ris in Senior Cup this afternoon, final score 45-17 to Ardscoil

It was more dramatic between Glenstal and Bandon. Bandon went ahead with 5 mins to go, but Gleeson (I think) for Glenstal got a late try to draw the game 15 all

"There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Christians beat Crescent 21-19 and Pres beat Rockwell 31-9.

Comment

Christians are huge favorites in Seniors and apparently Christians and Rockwell in Juniors . Christians also in the Harty Cup final , it pays to flood teams with sports scholarships !

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	schools_cup.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	2559432Yea, schools rugby in munster is very skewed toward the 2 rugby playing schools of Cork.

He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Working...
                              X