No announcement yet.

Munster Junior Leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAS TO BE JUNIOR CUP.I THINK OFF HAND 60 PLUS TEAMS,GREAT COMP,ALWAYS HAS A BIT EXTRA TO IT THAN CHALLENGE CUP.

Comment

Junior Cup no question at all. Far more prestige. A great competition. Third div sides getting a crack off Cork Con in their backyard..Lovely!!

Con won it 5/6 years ago with Frank Cogan, Tomas O Leary, Brendan O Connor, Shane O Connor, Brian Walsh, Jerry Murray, John O Driscoll, Des Murray all playing whcih just indicates the seriousness the Senior Clubs place in it..Super compeition.

Would take one for my club over any HEC or grand slam or WC winin the future

Comment

Originally posted by killer_penguin

Richmond V Senans - Richmond comprehensively

I think the Senans lads have some different ideas.

Tralee V Cashel - Going to be a cracker ! Cashel in the final 10 minutes to win ! [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]
        Really looking forward to this game. With so much to play for for both
        sides I just hope it lives up to it's billing. Needless to say I'm
        hoping you're wrong about the result.

Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.

Comment

Originally posted by Daky

Richmond V Senans - Richmond comprehensively

I think the Senans lads have some different ideas.

Tralee V Cashel - Going to be a cracker ! Cashel in the final 10 minutes to win ! [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Really looking forward to this game. With so much to play for for both sides I just hope it lives up to it's billing. Needless to say I'm hoping you're wrong about the result.

Yup, Senans will go hard v Richmond as they always do.

Can't see Tralee beating Cashel. Cashel, bar their blip v. Cross are playing good and Tralee, well, they've been lucky in a few recently.

Comment

Originally posted by bingo

Can't see Tralee beating Cashel. Cashel, bar their blip v. Cross are playing good and Tralee, well, they've been lucky in a few recently.
            I said something similar recently in this thread and it was said that I had been reading Eddie O'Sullivans book. [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]
            The reality is that Tralee have had a few very close calls recently and certainly miss Gareth Walsh who is out for the remainder of the season with a hand injury. There won't be much in this game but I fancy Tralee to scrape home.
            Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.

Comment

Originally posted by Daky
              Originally posted by bingo

I said something similar recently in this thread and it was said that I had been reading Eddie O'Sullivans book. [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]
              The reality is that Tralee have had a few very close calls recently and certainly miss Gareth Walsh who is out for the remainder of the season with a hand injury. There won't be much in this game but I fancy Tralee to scrape home.
              If we believe Gary Player you make your own luck in sport so Tralee probably deserve to be where they are and maybe shade it on Sunday.However,what is intriguing about this game is that Cashel would probably be delighted to win 3-0 whereas Tralee really do need a BP to keep their challenge going.Anyone know when Cashel last conceeded 4 tries in the league?Vaguely rember one of theLeinster or Ulstersidesscoring about 40 to Cashels 30 in the round robin or AIB Cupbut from memory that`s the most.If Tralee can do it they deserve to win the league.

Comment

I think the junior cup edges the junior clubs challenge cup, given its long history and tradition. The Junior Cup is one of the most prestigious cups in Munster rugby, up there with the schools cups. I think it has even eclipsed the Senior cup now - insofar as it's much bigger for a Cashel or a Kilfeacle to win a junior cup than for say,Con or Shannon to win a senior cup. Maybe clubs like Dolphin, Old Crescent, the Well etc would argue that. I'm not a Sunday's Well man but I'll never forget the senior cup final in Musgrave Park in 1994 - sweltering hot day, terraces thronged, early May (was it the first May bank holiday weekend?). Anyway, it was definitely one of the most memorable sporting occasions I've witnessed.Sadly, with the general demise of club rugby, the senior cup has lost a lot of its lustre.

I think the junior cup still has that magic though. Look at last weekend's results - I know Cashel are flying high in the junior ranks but it's still a fantastic achievement for them to beat Dolphin in Cork. Even more astonishing was Muskerry's (struggling in Div. 2) last minute defeat of Garryowen up in Dooradoyle. I'd love to see the senior seconds clubs knock each other out of the cup and have 4 junior clubs in the semi-finals!

Comment

Originally posted by NEON

I think the junior cup edges the junior clubs challenge cup, given its long history and tradition. The Junior Cup is one of the most prestigious cups in Munster rugby, up there with the schools cups. I think it has even eclipsed the Senior cup now - insofar as it's much bigger for a Cashel or a Kilfeacle to win a junior cup than for say,Con or Shannon to win a senior cup. Maybe clubs like Dolphin, Old Crescent, the Well etc would argue that. I'm not a Sunday's Well man but I'll never forget the senior cup final in Musgrave Park in 1994 - sweltering hot day, terraces thronged, early May (was it the first May bank holiday weekend?). Anyway, it was definitely one of the most memorable sporting occasions I've witnessed.Sadly, with the general demise of club rugby, the senior cup has lost a lot of its lustre.

I think the junior cup still has that magic though. Look at last weekend's results - I know Cashel are flying high in the junior ranks but it's still a fantastic achievement for them to beat Dolphin in Cork. Even more astonishing was Muskerry's (struggling in Div. 2) last minute defeat of Garryowen up in Dooradoyle. I'd love to see the senior seconds clubs knock each other out of the cup and have 4 junior clubs in the semi-finals!
                  Fantastic ,eloquent,commentary congrats-I couldnt agree more.Do you think it might be because the junior sides retain more of that "parish/gaa"feel to them which make these matches that bit more personal?

Comment

Has there been any talk of what the league format will be for next year?
                    Is the 4 division format on the cards. It would make for a huge amount of travelling if the geographical divide in div 3 is abandoned Dingle, Dungarvan Scarrif and Kilrush spring to mind

Comment

Munster Junior League will be split into 4 (10 team)Divisions for the 2011 - 2012 season. 4 teams will be relegated from division 1 and 2 next season. Will make all games even more competitive next season with 4 relegation places.

Comment

Originally posted by piardóg
                        Has there been any talk of what the league format will be for next year?
                        Is the 4 division format on the cards. It would make for a huge amount of travelling if the geographical divide in div 3 is abandoned Dingle, Dungarvan Scarrif and Kilrush spring to mind
                        As far as I know they are looking to review the whole Junior League format and at this stage all options are open for discussion, including making no changes. Some of the ideas touted have been merge Div 1 & Div 2 and have six groups like the Heineken Cup. Or make J2 and J3 divisions 4 & 5 with promotion etc.
                        From what I can tell the MB will listen to any suggestions and nothing has been decided at this stage.

Comment

What Daky said. They are looking for suggestions from Clubs at the moment before they talk about anything. There will be a submission from the Fixtures manager of Munster Branch at the next branch meeting.
                          Nothing has been decided yet.

www.stsenansrugby.com

Comment

What is wrong with the format as it stands. They mixed it up a few seasons back and it was brutal. The varying standards across the leagues had division 3 teams playing the top division 1 teams and getting obliterated.

4 relegation spots next year is very unfair and with the possibility of one of the senior teams getting relegated, it could be 5? It would be a ridiculous move IMO!

Comment

Richmond win witha bonus point, any score from the tralee game?

Comment

Ballincollig beat Clonmel 13-12

Comment

Working...
                                X