Munster Junior Leagues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
    Highfield won junior cup after extra time against Con. 23-23. Most tries ruling
    Great result for highfield! Very impressive what's going on there!

Comment

was their an attempt to change junior rugby to Saturday's in Munster?
      Would senior clubs have an input in this? and if so should they?

Comment

The Munster Branch had sent a survey around last year to see what people thoughts were on a number of issues. Didn't see any feedback on it (but may have come back to higher ups in the clubs). One of the questions related to when to play Rugby. If I remember correctly the options were something like Mid Week, Friday Night, Saturday & Sunday (open to correction on that one)
        I think when it had been raised in previous years the issue of a lack of referees kept any change off the agenda

Comment

Originally posted by donjuan View Post
          was their an attempt to change junior rugby to Saturday's in Munster?
          Would senior clubs have an input in this? and if so should they?
          I dont see why Senior clubs would have an input and it could affect them as would reduce chances of getting dual status in some cases
          Would you like a change to saturdays as i think it would help. but think number of teams in divisions is a greater issue

Comment

Originally posted by Grace of God View Post
            The Munster Branch had sent a survey around last year to see what people thoughts were on a number of issues. Didn't see any feedback on it (but may have come back to higher ups in the clubs). One of the questions related to when to play Rugby. If I remember correctly the options were something like Mid Week, Friday Night, Saturday & Sunday (open to correction on that one)
            I think when it had been raised in previous years the issue of a lack of referees kept any change off the agenda
            lack of referees may be a factor but more games could be played Saturday nights and you have refs doing TJ earlier in day before reffing a junior game in evening. works well in other provinces

Comment

I guess the question really should be what seems to be the problem you trying to address. We probably all have a slightly different perception of what is the issue. It could be that participation levels in Junior Rugby are falling or teams are struggling to manage the long distances (costs and getting players off work) or that Junior Club rugby is in decline in general.

There is so much good work going on in so many clubs on a weekly basis that the reality of the problem needs to be heard within the management of the branch and hopefully they can design structures to support the clubs. Sometimes we tend to get caught up in silver bullet solutions rather than seeing that a strategy is needed with multiple solutions that are focused on helping the clubs create sustainable Junior Rugby.

Comment

Originally posted by Grace of God View Post
                I guess the question really should be what seems to be the problem you trying to address. We probably all have a slightly different perception of what is the issue. It could be that participation levels in Junior Rugby are falling or teams are struggling to manage the long distances (costs and getting players off work) or that Junior Club rugby is in decline in general.

There is so much good work going on in so many clubs on a weekly basis that the reality of the problem needs to be heard within the management of the branch and hopefully they can design structures to support the clubs. Sometimes we tend to get caught up in silver bullet solutions rather than seeing that a strategy is needed with multiple solutions that are focused on helping the clubs create sustainable Junior Rugby.
                Perhaps participation levels are falling but structures dont help it.
                Long distance only really factor for some clubs.
                Really needs open forums for people to discuss these issues with those in committees and reps from clubs both players and committee people as well as other stake holders-refs etc to help things get better

Comment

Working...
                X