Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Munster Junior Leagues

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Thanks for that, OL.

    Comment


      Clonmel finished 2nd in round robin.
      Beat Connemara 31-21 in tipp, hammered 46-5 by Enniscorthy away and then beat Instonians 28-21 in Belfast
      Now play Seapoint in Dublin weekend after next

      Comment


        Clonmel gone senior so Galbally relegated to division 2 as a result.

        Comment


          Ive said it a lot but will say it again the junior leagues need to be revamped. Too many divisions and too little to play for for all too many teams with 13 and 14 teams in divisions.
          Cut divisions to 8 teams and have extra divisions would greatly strengthen the competiitons.
          Think this is line up for next season. unless some club(s) move up to division 3 from gleeson/south j2 leagues
          Division 1
          Thomond, Newcastle West, Kilfeacle, Bandon, Richmond, Crosshaven, Abbeyfeale, Skibbereen, Clanwilliam, Waterpark, St Senans, Mallow, Clonakilty

          Division 2
          Kanturk, St Marys, Galbally, Kinsale, Fermoy, Charleville, Fethard, Cobh, Castleisland, Muskerry, Ballincollig, Old Christians, Thurles, Tralee, Dungarvan

          Division 3
          Youghal, Waterford City, Mitchelstown, Killarney, Ennis, Killorglin, Bantry Bay, Douglas-Carrigaline, Scarriff, Corca Dhuibhne, Dunmanway

          Comment


            Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
            Ive said it a lot but will say it again the junior leagues need to be revamped. Too many divisions and too little to play for for all too many teams with 13 and 14 teams in divisions.
            Cut divisions to 8 teams and have extra divisions would greatly strengthen the competiitons.
            Think this is line up for next season. unless some club(s) move up to division 3 from gleeson/south j2 leagues
            Division 1
            Thomond, Newcastle West, Kilfeacle, Bandon, Richmond, Crosshaven, Abbeyfeale, Skibbereen, Clanwilliam, Waterpark, St Senans, Mallow, Clonakilty

            Division 2
            Kanturk, St Marys, Galbally, Kinsale, Fermoy, Charleville, Fethard, Cobh, Castleisland, Muskerry, Ballincollig, Old Christians, Thurles, Tralee, Dungarvan

            Division 3
            Youghal, Waterford City, Mitchelstown, Killarney, Ennis, Killorglin, Bantry Bay, Douglas-Carrigaline, Scarriff, Corca Dhuibhne, Dunmanway
            Why does Clonmel going up relegate Galbally? There's only 13 in Division 1 as you have it there. Are Ard Scoil Old Boys going into division 3? Could be regionalised at division 2 & 3 perhaps and you'd then be able to have all J2 clubs involved, Newport / Presentation for example

            Comment


              Originally posted by LimerickRugbyFan View Post

              Why does Clonmel going up relegate Galbally? There's only 13 in Division 1 as you have it there. Are Ard Scoil Old Boys going into division 3? Could be regionalised at division 2 & 3 perhaps and you'd then be able to have all J2 clubs involved, Newport / Presentation for example
              Not sure what way it will be but Clonmel does relegate Galbally as per update on the website
              Not sure if confirmed ASR old boys are going up

              Comment


                Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
                Not sure what way it will be but Clonmel does relegate Galbally as per update on the website
                Not sure if confirmed ASR old boys are going up
                I could be wrong but because thomond are coming back junior then galbally will be safe as only 2 going down.

                If it was a situation where Clonmel got promoted and no Munster team came down then 3 would go down from Div 1.

                i do stand to be corrected but that’s my understanding of it.

                Comment


                  In the other province the Junior Leagues are based on the 1A/1B/2A/2B model with 8 teams in each group playing home and away. Top Team in 1A plays Top 1B to decide league winner etc. We should be looking at something similar. 39 junior teams at present, if Ard Scoil come up or anybody else that would be 40. 5 groups of 8.

                  For a lot of teams the journeys across the province on the Sunday make it difficult to field and maintain interest. A bit of geographical proximity with these groupings would be of benefit, that would have to be teased out of course and one or two teams might be worse off. Still worth exploring as I not sure the status quo is exactly inspiring anybody.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Grace of God View Post
                    In the other province the Junior Leagues are based on the 1A/1B/2A/2B model with 8 teams in each group playing home and away. Top Team in 1A plays Top 1B to decide league winner etc. We should be looking at something similar. 39 junior teams at present, if Ard Scoil come up or anybody else that would be 40. 5 groups of 8.

                    For a lot of teams the journeys across the province on the Sunday make it difficult to field and maintain interest. A bit of geographical proximity with these groupings would be of benefit, that would have to be teased out of course and one or two teams might be worse off. Still worth exploring as I not sure the status quo is exactly inspiring anybody.
                    Absolutely agree, lower levels of the Junior leagues should be regionalised, for example in the division 3 you have both Scarrif and Bantry, thats a 6 hour return trip on a Sunday. Difficult to justify that at that level

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Grace of God View Post
                      In the other province the Junior Leagues are based on the 1A/1B/2A/2B model with 8 teams in each group playing home and away. Top Team in 1A plays Top 1B to decide league winner etc. We should be looking at something similar. 39 junior teams at present, if Ard Scoil come up or anybody else that would be 40. 5 groups of 8.

                      For a lot of teams the journeys across the province on the Sunday make it difficult to field and maintain interest. A bit of geographical proximity with these groupings would be of benefit, that would have to be teased out of course and one or two teams might be worse off. Still worth exploring as I not sure the status quo is exactly inspiring anybody.
                      Other provinces dont have 1A/1B model and top 1A side plays top 1B side.
                      In Connacht the 3 junior leagues are divisions 1A/B/C which are divisions 1 to C and Leinster division 1B is division2, 2A is division 3.
                      But we should if we can get 4 groups of 8 and group of 7 even if ard scoil/anyone else doesnt come up. Would allow for more competitive leagues and make rugby better IMO

                      Comment


                        Totally agree. Some teams at the bottom of the divisions are only competing to survive (no offence meant). Small groups will make them way more competitive.

                        Comment


                          Think ASR old boys would be better served staying in J2 for another season at least to allow them to consolidate themselves as a club before going up to the lower divisions of J1.
                          Its deja vu all over again!!!

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Crescent boy 2 View Post
                            Think ASR old boys would be better served staying in J2 for another season at least to allow them to consolidate themselves as a club before going up to the lower divisions of J1.
                            would agree a lot with that. Theyre only in place a season. Settle on player base and everything else before moving up the grade

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Crescent boy 2 View Post
                              Think ASR old boys would be better served staying in J2 for another season at least to allow them to consolidate themselves as a club before going up to the lower divisions of J1.
                              I’ve heard that’s their plan.

                              Comment


                                Highfield won junior cup after extra time against Con. 23-23. Most tries ruling

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X