No announcement yet.

Munster Junior Leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Certainly Christians & Clon look to be in fairly serious trouble ......
    Skib at least have the 1st win on the board but need to start collecting a few more points to avoid getting dragged onto the mix.
    The big surprise is to see Muskerry down there, but it is hard to believe they will be in trouble.
    Other than those teams, the rest have at least 2 wins from 4 and are well on their way to accumulating enough points to not have to worry about the relegation battle.

Clonmel look the class act alright and will rightly be favourites to win it out again.

Comment

If Clonmel were to win league do people see them going up this season?

Comment

Currently, I would be more concerned by the form of our Senior sides Bruff & Kanturk.... In reality teams need to stay out of the bottom 4 of Division 1 to guarantee they avoid the drop.... Crazy season so far....

I honestly do see Clonmel going the season unbeaten this year and would give them every chance of promotion to senior ranks...

Good to see the new boys of Pirates and Abbeyfeale doing ok in the division also... although it is still very early days

Comment

Clonmel could be outdonde by their reliance on Cooneys boot, just 1 BP from 4 games isnt the best return, I would rather win with 8 or 9 BPS and lose 1 or 2 game then run through the seaosn unbeaten with just 2 or 3 BPs.

At this rate Clan or NCW will overatke them by round 6 or 7 on BPs with a game lost each.
          Im here to spread the word..common sense is not just for animals

Comment

Originally posted by Duffman View Post
            Clonmel could be outdonde by their reliance on Cooneys boot, just 1 BP from 4 games isnt the best return, I would rather win with 8 or 9 BPS and lose 1 or 2 game then run through the seaosn unbeaten with just 2 or 3 BPs.

At this rate Clan or NCW will overatke them by round 6 or 7 on BPs with a game lost each.
            I don't think the Clonmel players will care if they have 8/9 or 2/3 bps if they keep winning. Theyre playing sides at bottom of table in next two rounds and should on current form pick up bp's in each. Their points different is huge compared to rest so I wouldn't see them worrying too much about it.

Comment

Also look at who Clonmel have played. I don't see many teams in the league scoring 4 tries against Bandon, Richmond or Kilfeacle. Clonmel won the league well last year with just 3 BPs.

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
              I don't think the Clonmel players will care if they have 8/9 or 2/3 bps if they keep winning. Theyre playing sides at bottom of table in next two rounds and should on current form pick up bp's in each. Their points different is huge compared to rest so I wouldn't see them worrying too much about it.

Comment

Draw for AIL cup quarters made.
                Both Galbally and Bandon both are away.
                Bandon away to Ashbourne and Galbally face Salmo
                http://www.irishrugby.ie/club/ulster...p#.WBZHdfqLTIU

Comment

AIL Junior cup quarters played today
                  Bandon lost 33-8, Salmo beat Galbally 39-22

No Munster side in semi finals yet again. Munster clubs records in this competition is absolutely terrible.
                  And just to emphasise how bad Munster clubs record in this is:
                  Crosshaven are only club to win the AIJC. Only one other club has reached the final and that was Youghal in the first season of the cup when there was 8 not 16 teams competing.
                  There has been 4 seasons where only 1 Munster club has won their first round game and there was 1 season where no Munster club won a game.
                  Last edited by ormond lad; 12-November-2016, 16:27.

Comment

Munster Junior Cup drawn
                    http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/23506.php#.WDcRv-aLTIU

While handy to have full draw made now. It probably would be better if draw was only made for fist 3 rounds now and then round 4 and quarters, semis draws made after each of previous rounds

Comment

Strange result between Richmond & Clonakilty this weekend.
                      Any truth to the rumour that Richmond have lost a good few players to suspensions??

Comment

5 players suspended according to LimerickRugby.ie - What in God's name did they do to get 5 players suspended? Great result for Clonakilty though......

Comment

Ah, yes, I see that now, sounds like either all out war at a match or a serious falling out with a ref .....

The divisions are starting to take shape now, particularly in 2 and 3.
                          Killorglin look home and hosed for promotion from 3, if not quite yet winning the Division.
                          They have played the teams in 2nd, 3rd and 4th and have Dungarvan at home plus 2 local away matches left so should get enough from that to get the job done.
                          The 2nd spot appears to be between Fermoy, Mitchelstown and Douglas Carrigaline
                          Mitchelstown have the advantage of having points on the board but they have to play both Fermoy and Douglas Carrigaline yet so that looks like it could go down to the wire.
                          A bit disappointing to only have 9 teams competing in the division.

Waterpark look like they are coming straight back up from Division 2.
                          They will probably run the division as they have played most of the stronger teams in the division at this stage - they have just Youghal (at home) and Kinsale (a potential banana skin played away on a Saturday night) left that could trouble them.
                          The 2nd spot looks to be between Thurles, Youghal and St Marys with Waterford City having an outside chance.
                          Personally, I think Thurles will do it, they have been coming for a good few years now, their loss was to Waterpark and they have both Youghal and the Saints at home. It won't be easy but it does look set up for them. They do have a couple of tricky road trips against Island and City and they will not be looking beyond the coming weeks home match V Crosshaven but I think they will do it.

Comment

Richmond have 5 suspended did I hear it was for abusing the referee? Well if you shot a referee you wouldn't get 5 suspended bit harsh I think! How long did they get suspended for?

Comment

Agree with you about Thurles. They have a good side and have been improving year on year... Losing Skeehan this year to the Cookies is a loss but they seem to have progressed even further....

Great to see Killorglin do well in Div 3. Kerry rugby (ie Tralee mainly) appears to be on the slide.....

Division 1 is still wide open... Christians look to be in trouble though...... Some big results yesterday... Next week throws up a mouth watering derby game between NCW & Abbeyfeale. I think NCW will edge it with home advantage but it could be some battle

Comment

Yes, the Kerry clubs seem to be falling away over the last few years - Tralee gone from beating Wanderers in the All Ireland Junior Cup to currently bottom of D2, Killarney from wining 2 Munster Junior Plates to being relegated from D2 and now bobbing along in the bottom half of D3, Island from almost being promoted from D2 a couple of years ago to bottom half of D2 now, so it is good to see some good news from the area.

In contrast, county Limerick sides have never been stronger with NCW running 2nd in the league, Galbally qualifying for the All Ireland Junior Cup this year and acquitting themselves well in it and Abbeyefeale making a good fist of their first season in D1.

On the same theme, I don't think anyone would have expected 4 Cork clubs to be in the bottom 4 places in D1 (Old Christians, Clonakilty, Muskerry and Skibereen) and in danger of being cut adrift of the other clubs with a 6 point gap to the club in 10th place in the league. Yet, it was one of these clubs - Muskerry - who beat NCW for the one and only time to date this season, so it shows how tight the margins are.

Comment

Working...
                                X