Munster Junior Leagues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PARISHMAN1970 View Post
    MJC final between the cookies & cons was fixed for this Sunday in Thomond park but cons objected to venue and it now has been switched to Cork
    I'd like to congratulate Con on winning the Junior Cup after another Charleville U-Turn walkover...
    Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
      I'd like to congratulate Con on winning the Junior Cup after another Charleville U-Turn walkover...
      They cookies will make it down allright, its just the cork lads kicking up again as they would have had to leave the people's republic to play rugby at Munster HQ in Limerick, they must be all students in UCC

Comment

For all Con's faults, which are legion, they're not afraid. Certainly not enough to run scared of a bit of rain and a thumping. Unlike certain clubs...
        Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Nenagh into final of Junior plate despite not playing a game in the competition. 3 walkovers to get to the final...

Comment

The season is too long and there are too many competitions. Players are loosing interest by the time trophies are there to be won. Nice to to be in a plate final all the same, an excuse for a few pints if nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Chopper View Post
              The season is too long and there are too many competitions. Players are losing interest by the time trophies are there to be won. Nice to to be in a plate final all the same, an excuse for a few pints if nothing else.
              Is there really too many competitions? Don't think there is - league, junior cup/plate, challenge cup/shield/bowl and county cup(s). What would you cut?
              Something does need to change with the league. 14 team divisions has to go. Change to about 8 team divisions and home and away. Does mean more games by 1 but with less teams it should be better. Allows for more divisions and should mean better standard of rugby as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
                Nenagh into final of Junior plate despite not playing a game in the competition. 3 walkovers to get to the final...
                It appears both semis not played as issues with team sheets??

Final is next Sunday between Nenagh and Waterpark in Clonmel

Comment

Is there really too many competitions? Don't think there is - league, junior cup/plate, challenge cup/shield/bowl and county cup(s). What would you cut?
                  Something does need to change with the league. 14 team divisions has to go. Change to about 8 team divisions and home and away. Does mean more games by 1 but with less teams it should be better. Allows for more divisions and should mean better standard of rugby as well.
                  Well we can agree the season is too long...but it's probably more down to the amount of postponements than it is amount of comps. But if postponements is going to be a running theme then there actually ARE too many comps. Investment in a couple of 4G pitches is the way forward but that's not going to happen anytime soon.
                  \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
                  Dalai Lama

Comment

Originally posted by John123 View Post
                    Well we can agree the season is too long...but it's probably more down to the amount of postponements than it is amount of comps. But if postponements is going to be a running theme then there actually ARE too many comps. Investment in a couple of 4G pitches is the way forward but that's not going to happen anytime soon.
                    Season is possibly too long but the divisions being 14 teams means postponements cause issues to inconvenience quite a lot of teams. Smaller divisions can be easier to manage.
                    Of the 3G/4G pitches not enough is used of those that are in place. More could be done with pitch in UL/Garryowen couldn't it?

Comment

Season is possibly too long but the divisions being 14 teams means postponements cause issues to inconvenience quite a lot of teams. Smaller divisions can be easier to manage.
                      Of the 3G/4G pitches not enough is used of those that are in place. More could be done with pitch in UL/Garryowen couldn't it?
                      there is no comparison between the UL and Garryowen pitches,with the burn and scorch marks from the Garryowen pitch I couldn't see many agreeing to its use ...UL piitch is brilliant...

Comment

Originally posted by greenback View Post
                        there is no comparison between the UL and Garryowen pitches,with the burn and scorch marks from the Garryowen pitch I couldn't see many agreeing to its use ...UL piitch is brilliant...
                        Agreed re Garryowen pitch my kids were burnt there this year.. Their home club all weather has no problems. Does the Garryowen pitch need some kind of maintenance?

Comment

There isn't but Dorradoyle is still better than other alternatives and possibly could be used more.

Comment

There isn't but Dorradoyle is still better than other alternatives and possibly could be used more.
                            My young fella got so badly burnt out there they got infected and he was sidelined for six weeks...more suitable for soccer

Comment

Played on the garryowen pitch for the gagsy 10s last year, the amount of injuries on it throughout the day was unbelieveable. I know a lot of lads who would refuse to play on it

Comment

Bandon are being coached by the Bordeaux forwards coach next year http://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualit...irlande/667438

Comment

Working...
                                X