No announcement yet.

Munster Junior Leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question regarding promotion & relegation in the MJL this year.

Say Richmond get relegated (Doesn't look good for them) and Clonmel don't win the round robin (Doesn't look good for them either) there will be then be 15 teams in Division 1. How does this work from a relegation point of view? Do the bottom 3 teams get relegated and 2 get promoted from div 2 (15 - 3 bottom teams + 2 Promoted from 2nd Div = 14 teams) or do the bottom 2 teams get relegated from Div 1 and only 1 team get promoted from div 2 ( 15 - 2 bottom teams + 1 promoted from 2nd Div = 14)

I would assume this would then cascade down through the leagues?

Comment

3 relegated from Div 1 and 3 from Div 2. Two would still be promoted from Div 2 and Div 3.
      \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
      Dalai Lama

Comment

This was posted on Thomond RFC FB page, RIP

Very sad day for our club with the passing of our President Mick O'Donnell. Our thought and prayers are with his wife Patricia, daughters Alison & Kelly Son Keith son-in-law and grandchildren. You always had a smile for everyone and welcomed everyone with open arms. You will be truly missed Mick by all. We will always remember the sing songs and laughter that we have had with you on many a road trip. This is something for everyone to remember you by
        RIP Mick

Comment

Originally posted by PARISHMAN1970 View Post
          This was posted on Thomond RFC FB page, RIP

Very sad day for our club with the passing of our President Mick O'Donnell. Our thought and prayers are with his wife Patricia, daughters Alison & Kelly Son Keith son-in-law and grandchildren. You always had a smile for everyone and welcomed everyone with open arms. You will be truly missed Mick by all. We will always remember the sing songs and laughter that we have had with you on many a road trip. This is something for everyone to remember you by
          RIP Mick
          It is very sad, I only shared a cab home on sunday night with Mick.

Comment

Bandon beat castleisland 47-5

Comment

Senans 14 Kilfeacle 3

Comment

That guarantees Bandon promotion

Comment

Sad days for Junior rugby in Kerry right now - Tralee looking precarious at bottom of Div 1, Killarney even more precarious at bottom end of Div 2, Castleisland imploding after a great start, going down to Newpost, Ballincollig, Cashel in MJC and today being monstered by Bandon. Killorglin not threatening to be promoted from 3 and Chorcha Dhuibhne gone from J1 ranks. And only a year on from promise of better days. Tralee were neck and neck for 1 title in recent years, Killarney won the Junior Plate,.Killorglin were in 2 IIRC, CD were competitive in 3. And JJ off to Saints!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by isola ciarrai View Post
                    Sad days for Junior rugby in Kerry right now - Tralee looking precarious at bottom of Div 1, Killarney even more precarious at bottom end of Div 2, Castleisland imploding after a great start, going down to Newpost, Ballincollig, Cashel in MJC and today being monstered by Bandon. Killorglin not threatening to be promoted from 3 and Chorcha Dhuibhne gone from J1 ranks. And only a year on from promise of better days. Tralee were neck and neck for 1 title in recent years, Killarney won the Junior Plate,.Killorglin were in 2 IIRC, CD were competitive in 3. And JJ off to Saints!!!!
                    Isola, on Killarney, has rugby been making any inroads there? There are a serious amount of strong GAA clubs in the vicinity still thriving from what I can see. They never make any impact at underage. It seems like one of the last untapped places left in the province. If you were picking up just 3 or 4 from all those teams, you would have a fine side quickly. Tralee don't worry me as they keep producing strong underage teams. They are suffering like every other country club at adult level.

Comment

Well done to Charleville on their promotion to Div. 2 today. We gave you a small scare but fulling deserving of your win.

Comment

Originally posted by isola ciarrai View Post
                        Sad days for Junior rugby in Kerry right now - Tralee looking precarious at bottom of Div 1, Tralee were neck and neck for 1 title in recent years,
                        I spoke to one of the Tralee subs the day we played them and he said between emigration, college and retirement they had lost about 20 adult players over the summer. I know clubs everywhere have issues similar to this but 20 is a lot for any club, hopefully they can rebuild over the next couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by blackandwhite View Post
                          I spoke to one of the Tralee subs the day we played them and he said between emigration, college and retirement they had lost about 20 adult players over the summer. I know clubs everywhere have issues similar to this but 20 is a lot for any club, hopefully they can rebuild over the next couple of years.
                          its tough with kerry clubs...a sniff of the green/gold and the players are gone and there are a lot of jerseys with underage/junior/intermediate /senior and numerous club championships sub divided ..not much left over

Comment

Originally posted by MunsterBakery View Post
                            Senans 14 Kilfeacle 3
                            Senans are having some season, for a newly promoted side.
                            I think they are now 3rd in the 1st division.

In fact, pretty well all the promoted sides from last year are doing well, (with the exception of Kinsale) particularly in comparison with previous years. Usually the teams promoted from Division 3 are very prone to slipping right back down the next year, however, Abbeyfeale are motoring along well in the top half of Division 2 and Ballincollig look reasonably safe. I'd say it is a while since both teams promoted from D3 have survived in D2 the following year.

Comment

I don't mean to demean anyone's efforts in the league but the standard is absolutely shocking at the moment. In Div 2 in particular...any half decent team would be promoted with Bandon this season.

It's the poorset Ennis team in a long time and they're having no issue maintaining their position in mid table. In previous seasons this team would have being relegated (or close to) for sure. Actually it's really disappointing in many ways cause if Ennis had any sort of decent structure this season they would be challenging for promotion for sure, and I think Ennis would go from strength to strength if they got up. Many players choose to go to Limerick cause "Div 2 isn't good enough". Take no joy in writing this whatsoever.

And to be fair I reckon it's the same in the AIL at the moment too. No strength in depth as can be seen in the Junior Cup. I have no sympathy for them but they have taken a lot of talent from the Junior ranks to compensate. My worry is what does it say for rugby in general in Munster at the moment? If Junior and Senior club standards are poor it without doubt is having an effect on the Munster setup. Any thoughts?
                              \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
                              Dalai Lama

Comment

In Div 2 Crosshaven, Killarney and Youghal have in large way kept the rest of the teams safe. In other seasons Ennis, Castleisland, Pres, Ballincollig and Newport would all struggle. I know it's the "if my aunt had balls" argument but worrying all the same. What can the Munster branch do about it?
                                Dalai Lama

Comment

Working...
                                X