Munster Junior Leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The branch will do nothing...

Nenagh cancelled two already this season.. no one knew what was happening and on Sunday they showed up with a team to play against Richmond... A bit on unfair when we struggled to put out a team on sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by snaf View Post
      Is there any update on when the Junior Cup Draw is going to be made, I believe it is going back to old way with North and South seperated until semi-final stage.

I noticed UL Bohs gave their second Munster Senior Seconds League at the weekend, at least according to the Shannon twitter account they conceded the game and had previously given Thomond a walk-over in their first game, so according to the rules they should be removed from the Seconds League and the Junior Cup, it will be interesting if the branch follow through.
      5.18 If a club fails to fulfil two League fixtures.
      Sanction: The club will be deemed to have withdrawn from that League
      and their previous games will be deemed null and void.
      The club will also be deemed to have withdrawn from the relevant Cup
      competition
      Munster Junior League/ Munster Seconds League – Munster Junior Challenge Cup.
      Gleeson League – Webb Cup
      Junior Two League South – Junior Two Cup South
      Junior Three League South – Junior Three Cup South
      Rule 4.2 may also apply.
      Bohs wont be out of league any way. they'll still play games and will still be in junior cup
      Originally posted by superstar View Post
      The branch will do nothing...

Nenagh cancelled two already this season.. no one knew what was happening and on Sunday they showed up with a team to play against Richmond... A bit on unfair when we struggled to put out a team on sunday.
      We haven't conceded 2 yet. I think we Conceded game to Munsters and the only other game not played was against Bruff and that was called off. We've played the rest.

Comment

Are you sure?

Nenagh called off the bruff game the day before the game was due to be played in bruff, Ye had no props or something. We asked the competitions committee last week about it, they were discussing it..

Comment

Originally posted by superstar View Post
          Are you sure?

Nenagh called off the bruff game the day before the game was due to be played in bruff, Ye had no props or something. We asked the competitions committee last week about it, they were discussing it..
          That's what I had heard. It was called off. Anyway cant see us being thrown out of league or junior cup.

Comment

Its a stupid rule and they will never enforce it.. clubs are struggling to field teams and kicking them out of competitions will only make it worse,

Comment

Can anyone shed a bit of light on when the Junior Cup draw will be done and what the new format will be?

Comment

North and south divided till latter stages,draw has being made and is due to start in feb,should be released to clubs in next few days so I'm being told

Comment

Originally posted by munsterdick View Post
                  Can anyone shed a bit of light on when the Junior Cup draw will be done and what the new format will be?

All clubs got the notification and draw today for junior cup.. spilt in to North and south.

Comment

Draw made. Havent seen south half yet but North draw has plenty of all senior clashes early on with Bohs v Munsters the pick
                    Munster Junior Cup
                    1st round sunday february 23rd
                    Bruff v Garryowen
                    Thomond v Newport
                    Newcastle West v Old Crescent
                    St Senans v St Marys
                    UL Bohs v Young Munster
                    Galbally v Abbeyfeale
                    Thurles v Presentation
                    Richmond v Nenagh
                    Clanwilliam v Ennis
                    Kilfeacle v Shannon

Comment

Does anyone know the southern draw?

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater Southern draw can be found here

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tedster
                            Ennis beat thurles 11-6 yesterday....
                            MOD EDIT - comments deleted at author's request.
                            I don't agree with slating refs at this level, especially online and then to go out of your way to identify the person. Decisions tend to even themselves out over a season. Ref decisions always decide close games which the above looked like from international to minis. Get over it or be a team that puts 20 points on Thurles and doesn't rely on decisions. Only way to avoid it.

A ref at junior level is on their own. No touch judges. It's an impossible task and thankless task. Nigel Owens when he refs will for the most part pick a few laws before the game which he enforces and lets others go as there is just too much. He's got touch judges. These guys can only be expected to do less.

It's also a brilliant place for refs to get experience and make the mistakes. Realistically, before Junior, they've had a season or two of underage where there are no real scrums until 18s and even still am I right in thinking you can push a meter. If he did make mistakes, I hope there was an assessor there who can let him know so he might develop. Scrums are a lottery at the best of times.

I'd probably tell your captain to get lost as well. I really don't know how they do it.

Out of curiosity, I was guessing above when I said refs have had a couple years reffing underage. Anyone knows what the progression is like for refs starting out. Is it a year underage, then seconds, then Junior with best being selected for AIL?

Clonakilty finally won a game yesterday away to Waterpark.

Comment

Originally posted by EarlyRetirement View Post
                              I don't agree with slating refs at this level, especially online and then to go out of your way to identify the person. Decisions tend to even themselves out over a season. Ref decisions always decide close games which the above looked like from international to minis. Get over it or be a team that puts 20 points on Thurles and doesn't rely on decisions. Only way to avoid it.

A ref at junior level is on their own. No touch judges. It's an impossible task and thankless task. Nigel Owens when he refs will for the most part pick a few laws before the game which he enforces and lets others go as there is just too much. He's got touch judges. These guys can only be expected to do less.

It's also a brilliant place for refs to get experience and make the mistakes. Realistically, before Junior, they've had a season or two of underage where there are no real scrums until 18s and even still am I right in thinking you can push a meter. If he did make mistakes, I hope there was an assessor there who can let him know so he might develop. Scrums are a lottery at the best of times.

I'd probably tell your captain to get lost as well. I really don't know how they do it.

Out of curiosity, I was guessing above when I said refs have had a couple years reffing underage. Anyone knows what the progression is like for refs starting out. Is it a year underage, then seconds, then Junior with best being selected for AIL?

Clonakilty finally won a game yesterday away to Waterpark.
                              refs progress on merit. You start with an u 13 game and if you are good you should be doing u 18 by end of first season, then progression can accelerate in second season to j1 div 1 by second half of season.
                              from there, a few go onto ipass and if selected onto AIL.
                              I was a ref for ten yrs , now a coach and it can be very frustrating watching some refs perform. Then I have to remind myself that they are not paid, not liked and are Norman no-mates on match day.
                              Ps, captains are not entitled to ask questions, it is at the refs discretion at all times.

The better refs won't be asked many questions as they talk their way through a match , esp good refs at J1. Hard to find these days as numbers are falling every year, partially due to the posts like the one by tedster here.

Comment

Just looked up who ref was, top ref by all accounts. Maybe he had a bad day ? Most refs have a few each season.

At Underage you are told to talk to the players , almost coach them. At J1 you would be expected to ref what you see and offer no advice outside of the normal "stay on your feet, no. 1 is dropping his bind " etc.

when I was doing J1, one coach gave out like stink to me as he felt I was coaching his team.

listen, I know it's frustrating but they do tend to even out during the season.

As i said above, we need better referees at all levels and one way of doing that is to encourage more players down the referring road.

Btw, most refs enjoy feedback and questions from anyone after the match as long as it is constructive. In fact if they are being assessed , their assessor will often listen in during feedback from coaches etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X