Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have waterpark made any signings ?

Comment

Looks like all of the leagues will be very close this season. An awful lot will depend on what players clubslose or can get in.Does anybody know when the registration deadlineis for tranferring to Junior clubs?

Senior clubs poaching players from Junior clubs is a major problem. [img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by kerryexile

Looks like all of the leagues will be very close this season. An awful lot will depend on what players clubslose or can get in.Does anybody know when the registration deadlineis for tranferring to Junior clubs?

Senior clubs poaching players from Junior clubs is a major problem. [img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]
        you mean players with potential leaving to play at a higher standard is a problem

Comment

What about presentation lads any news there

Comment

Waterpark have lost a few players, Craig Doyle gone to
            Midleton, Kieran Howlin gone to New Ross, Brendan Kelly to
            eniscorthy, as for signings nothing as of yet.

Comment

Originally posted by shayno
              Waterpark have lost a few players, Craig Doyle gone to

Midleton, Kieran Howlin gone to New Ross, Brendan Kelly to

eniscorthy, as for signings nothing as of yet.
              could be a big struggle for them this year

Comment

ya, think they could plummit down through the divisions. I presume now that they're a junior club they wont get many guys from the college, WIT.

Comment

Originally posted by happyman
                  ya, think they could plummit down through the divisions. I presume now that they're a junior club they wont get many guys from the college, WIT.

Would most of their players be form Waterford? They must have gota lot of money from the IRFU....

Comment

Originally posted by nuke

you mean players with potential leaving to play at a higher standard is a problem
                    Nuke, in general senior clubs fill young lads with sh**e, tell them they'll make the team, etc. When in reality they're just trying to bulk the squad. Junior Clubs end up losing some of their best players as a result.
                    \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
                    Dalai Lama

Comment

Originally posted by Canterbury
                      Duffman and John123 which clubs do ye support? I think Richmond will give a serious challenge this year, its early days yet but they have recruited well.
                      Ennis. Supposed to be signing a couple of lads but we hear that every year. In fairness a few of the lads have been training all summer though.
                      \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
                      Dalai Lama

Comment

Originally posted by John123
                        Duffman and John123 which clubs do ye support? I think Richmond will give a serious challenge this year, its early days yet but they have recruited well.
                        Ennis. Supposed to be signing a couple of lads but we hear that every year. In fairness a few of the lads have been training all summer though.

Would ye ever sign any lads from Kilrush? Can't believe New Market on Fergus don't have a rugby team...

Comment

Would ye ever sign any lads from Kilrush? Can't believe New Market on Fergus don't have a rugby team...
                          Have rarely seen lads from Kilrush play for us but apparently one joining this year. They're more into their football and just play rugby to keep fit.
                          There wouldn't be that much rugby in Newmarket at all, and any that do play go to Senan's or a Limerick club. Frankie Mc is the exception but that'd be more down to him playing schools rugby in Limerick as a kid.
                          Not many senior rugby players in Clare full stop, although that's starting to change now.
                          Dalai Lama

Comment

A team from Newmarket On Fergus wouldn't ever really work in my opinion - only a few miles from Shannon (St Senans) and Ennis so a player will go to either of those or into Limerick if he's in college etc....handy young hurlers out there though....

Comment

Nuke, in general senior clubs fill young lads with sh**e, tell them they'll make the team, etc. When in reality they're just trying to bulk the squad. Junior Clubs end up losing some of their best players as a result.
                              up to a point but in reality young lads are full of s**t and theire own self importance anyway, they players want to go and in general go back better players if they return. And while i can't speak about limerick clubs I don't see gametime being promised to any player on the basis of how they look in junior leagues. It's a different ballgame even in Div 3 of the AIL although a top junior club should expect to finish mid table in it.

Any chance of skibb pushing on this year after two promising seasons that ultimately deliverd little ?

Comment

up to a point but in reality young lads are full of s**t and theire own self importance anyway, they players want to go and in general go back better players if they return. And while i can't speak about limerick clubs I don't see gametime being promised to any player on the basis of how they look in junior leagues. It's a different ballgame even in Div 3 of the AIL although a top junior club should expect to finish mid table in it.

Any chance of skibb pushing on this year after two promising seasons that ultimately deliverd little ?
                                Yeah you have a point about some players thinking they're something they are not. Still though if a senior club comes knocking it's hard to refuse!

Heard Skibb will have pretty much same team as last year so who knows. A good team on their day.
                                Dalai Lama

Comment

Working...
                                X