Munster Junior Leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tipoki's_Step
    Division 2 will be very competetive so..I wouldn't rule Clan out, they'll be very dangerous.. Sounds like Galbally are going all out with the players they've signed..Gonna be a hard team to beat as will ennis, especially at home..Christians have a few players coming back that were missing last season so they might challenge..exciting league. Hopefully junior rugby gets more coverage than it already gets.
    As much as I'd love Junior Rugby to get more coverage I think the Monday morning column in the Examiner is about as good as it's going to get.

I'm from Ennis and we are tough to beat at home but flaky on the road unfortunately, lost to Charleville (relegated) and Youghal (nearly relegated) on the road so that says it all. Would have gone up only for that. Can't see us getting better this season but probably won't be any worse either.

Really think Clan will find it hard, losing players at the mo not gaining them. Sounds like Galbally might be the team to beat. Christians may be good too.
    \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
    Dalai Lama

Comment

Originally posted by John123
      Division 2 will be very competetive so..I wouldn't rule Clan out, they'll be very dangerous.. Sounds like Galbally are going all out with the players they've signed..Gonna be a hard team to beat as will ennis, especially at home..Christians have a few players coming back that were missing last season so they might challenge..exciting league. Hopefully junior rugby gets more coverage than it already gets.
      As much as I'd love Junior Rugby to get more coverage I think the Monday morning column in the Examiner is about as good as it's going to get.

I'm from Ennis and we are tough to beat at home but flaky on the road unfortunately, lost to Charleville (relegated) and Youghal (nearly relegated) on the road so that says it all. Would have gone up only for that. Can't see us getting better this season but probably won't be any worse either.

Really think Clan will find it hard, losing players at the mo not gaining them. Sounds like Galbally might be the team to beat. Christians may be good too.

Limerick Leader is very poor on covering Junior Rugby, its actually a disgrace. They will have three to four pages of crap on Limerick soccer and won't cover a local junior rugby game.

Declan Flynn is the forwards coach this year for Richmond! We are playing ye in the Colm Flynn memorial cup in a few weeks, always a good day...

Comment

Evening Echo in Cork gives good coverage, Olan Allen mostly. But they normally have a full page match report with pics for one game and maybe a few smaller match reports with teams etc. Think its in the pull out tuesday supplement.

Comment

Right so lads its time for predictions..A few clubs seem to have recruited quite well but you never know if these are definite signings til the league kicks off..

Division one Winners: Cashel for the hatrick. Will be very tough if they have lost a few players but think they can do it again.. Richmond may well build on last years campaign and go well along with cobh maybe..had a bad year last time out and will be stronger this season

Division 2 Winners: Where to start could be any one of 8 teams i reckon, definitely gonna be a cracking league, plenty of entertaining matches to watch there.. Im gonna go with Youghal to sneak it..they were the top team in munster 3 years ago and fell away, the strong cycle might be starting again. Not sure which team to pick as their main challengers maybe galbally if fellas are right about the guys they've added.

Comment

Right so lads its time for predictions..A few clubs seem to have recruited quite well but you never know if these are definite signings til the league kicks off..

Division one Winners: Cashel for the hatrick. Will be very tough if they have lost a few players but think they can do it again.. Richmond may well build on last years campaign and go well along with cobh maybe..had a bad year last time out and will be stronger this season

Division 2 Winners: Where to start could be any one of 8 teams i reckon, definitely gonna be a cracking league, plenty of entertaining matches to watch there.. Im gonna go with Youghal to sneak it..they were the top team in munster 3 years ago and fell away, the strong cycle might be starting again. Not sure which team to pick as their main challengers maybe galbally if fellas are right about the guys they've added.
            Senans all the way to the moon kid
            Im here to spread the word..common sense is not just for animals

Comment

Originally posted by Canterbury

Originally posted by John123

Limerick Leader is very poor on covering Junior Rugby, its actually a disgrace. They will have three to four pages of crap on Limerick soccer and won't cover a local junior rugby game.

Declan Flynn is the forwards coach this year for Richmond! We are playing ye in the Colm Flynn memorial cup in a few weeks, always a good day...
              Best of luck to Decky. Yeah the Colm Flynn is a great event, it's a pity it doesn't get a bit more support in Ennis.
              \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
              Dalai Lama

Comment

Originally posted by Duffman

Senans all the way to the moon kid
                Unless Senan's get a few backs I reckon they'll come straight back down, and that's not something I'd like to see btw.
                Dalai Lama

Comment

Duffman and John123 which clubs do ye support? I think Richmond will give a serious challenge this year, its early days yet but they have recruited well.

Comment

From what i've heard about players in and out i think richmond will be as strong as cashel who may have lost a few top players. Should be a bit more competitive at the top this year anyway hopefully. Any word on Kilfeacle? Heard they lost one of their better players whos gone travelling for a year.

As for division 2........roll the dice!

Comment

Anyone with any transfer info on St Marys or St Senans?

Comment

Senans havn't signed anyone yet. A few limerick senior clubs are looking for some of our players so we dont quite know yet who will stay or who will go.... same s**t every year.
                        www.stsenansrugby.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski
                          Senans havn't signed anyone yet. A few limerick senior clubs are looking for some of our players so we dont quite know yet who will stay or who will go.... same s**t every year.

What senior clubs are after which players?

Is Stephen Ryan staying with ye?

Comment

Heard a rumour Rhino was hanging up the boots????? Hope he doesnt, serious player.

Comment

Originally posted by happyman
                              Heard a rumour Rhino was hanging up the boots????? Hope he doesnt, serious player.

Yeah serious player, what age is he?

Comment

He must be 33 or 34 anyway. He was fitter this year than he has been for a long while though. So bar Richmond, has anyone picked up any players of note????

Comment

Working...
                                X