Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WouldBHooker

Originally posted by John123
    Newport, Old Christians and Bandon went down from J1 I think. Muskerry, Abbeyfeale and Charleville from J2 went down. Has been in that format for 2 seasons.

Muskerry definitely stayed up, it was Mallow, Charleville and Abbeyfeale who went down.
    Oh sorry got mixed up. Muskerry just held on.
    \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
    Dalai Lama

Comment

Heard Robbie Doyle is gone to coach Cobh..Interesting appointment..Pity Cashel lost those few players, they are on the verge of being a senior club. They'l still be very strong for sure..Does anyone know how ballincollig are fixed, a few people have been saying the players they got from senior clubs last year are heading back to senior clubs..be disappointing if they di...any other clubs after making changes???

Comment

Originally posted by Tipoki's_Step
        Heard Robbie Doyle is gone to coach Cobh..Interesting appointment..Pity Cashel lost those few players, they are on the verge of being a senior club. They'l still be very strong for sure..Does anyone know how ballincollig are fixed, a few people have been saying the players they got from senior clubs last year are heading back to senior clubs..be disappointing if they di...any other clubs after making changes???
        Collig's money must have dried up! Wouldn't be shedding too many tears for them myself.

Fixtures have been made for next season btw.
        \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
        Dalai Lama

Comment

Originally posted by alexmcred
          Originally posted by Canterbury

Originally posted by alexmcred
          Clonmel have a new coaching team in place so will be interesting to see if there is any improvement there.

Have the gained/lost any players?

Not that I have heard of. I know Cashel have lost a couple of players.
          I heard a lot of senior clubs are looking for Mark Melbourne's brother. Not sure if he's leaving though, supposed to be a class player.
          Neville Melbourne has been gone from Clonmel as of last season, training with either Garryowen or Shannon. Talk of former UCC junior and Rockwell captain Courtney Canning moving there. Good prop who'd be a good asset to the squad, given our injury problems in the front row in recent times.
          Chickens don\'t CLAP!!!

Comment

Heard Richmond signed Mike Gall from Thomond, Mikey Kelleher is supposed to be staying, Derek Mitchell is back as might be Ger Duggan along with some other signings....

Comment

Who won the Munster J1 league for the 2007/08 season?
              If a man tried to take his time on earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, I wonder what would happen to this world

Comment

Collig's money must have dried up! Wouldn't be shedding too many tears for them myself.
                Fixtures have been made for next season btw.
                I heard Conor Forde signed for clonakilty
                other then i dont know

they were a decent side last year
                plenty of youth coming through
                (their j3's won the league, j2's nearly did, and j1's got promoted)

Comment

Originally posted by Humpty Dumpty
                  Who won the Munster J1 league for the 2007/08 season?
                  Cashel, in a season that will always be remembered by Clonmel fans as the year we could, but didn't.
                  Chickens don\'t CLAP!!!

Comment

Never knew Ballincollig were paying fellas. Well i guess it paid off with their promotion..have they got any new guys in..Richmond sound like they'll be strong next year but i still think cashel have to be the team to beat..They've a strong squad and thats a huge benefit..In the second division, Clanwilliam will go close, seemed to finish last year pretty strong and youghal could surprise a few if they get their act together..Great season in store, all leagues will be very competitive especially the second division..anyone fance calling the winner!!!!

Comment

Never knew Ballincollig were paying fellas. Well i guess it paid off with their promotion..have they got any new guys in..Richmond sound like they'll be strong next year but i still think cashel have to be the team to beat..They've a strong squad and thats a huge benefit..In the second division, Clanwilliam will go close, seemed to finish last year pretty strong and youghal could surprise a few if they get their act together..Great season in store, all leagues will be very competitive especially the second division..anyone fance calling the winner!!!!
                      Would be surprised if Cashel did it again, would be a huge ask. Wouldn't rule it out mind! J2 will be savage competitive.
                      Don't think Clan will be at the races though. Didn't finish last season that strongly though, got awarded the game against Ennis in dodgy circumstances to say the least! League table would have looked a lot different if that game had to be played. They have lost a couple of players too. Ennis could be good, but the 3 J1 clubs coming down could be dangerous. Galbally coming up are supposed to be strong too.
                      Dalai Lama

Comment

Would be surprised if Cashel did it again, would be a huge ask. Wouldn't rule it out mind! J2 will be savage competitive.
                        Don't think Clan will be at the races though. Didn't finish last season that strongly though, got awarded the game against Ennis in dodgy circumstances to say the least! League table would have looked a lot different if that game had to be played. They have lost a couple of players too. Ennis could be good, but the 3 J1 clubs coming down could be dangerous. Galbally coming up are supposed to be strong too.

Galbally have Niall Mac, his brother and George Costello all from Thomond who are getting bucks and now I hear the signed Ian Ryan... Wonder where they are getting the money...

Comment

Galbally have Niall Mac, his brother and George Costello all from Thomond who are getting bucks and now I hear the signed Ian Ryan... Wonder where they are getting the money...
                          Sounds like they'll be good so. Spoke to a guy who played against them last season and he said they were better than most in J2 at that stage so looks like they'll be real contenders.
                          Dalai Lama

Comment

Fixtures are up on the deadsite. Ballincollig away to Waterpark first up. Any idea of how Waterpark are set. They got hiding after hiding last season in AIL 3. Did they get any players in? lose any more?

Comment

Sounds like they'll be good so. Spoke to a guy who played against them last season and he said they were better than most in J2 at that stage so looks like they'll be real contenders.

Richmond have signed Finbar Hogan from Bruff, some signing for them... They will be a lot stronger from last year...

Comment

Division 2 will be very competetive so..I wouldn't rule Clan out, they'll be very dangerous.. Sounds like Galbally are going all out with the players they've signed..Gonna be a hard team to beat as will ennis, especially at home..Christians have a few players coming back that were missing last season so they might challenge..exciting league. Hopefully junior rugby gets more coverage than it already gets.

Comment

Working...
                                X