• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What club is Craig Doyle with?

Comment

Originally posted by Canterbury
      What club is Craig Doyle with?
      Midleton
      When your right, no one remembers. When your wrong, no one forgets.

Comment

He is the bald full back is he// Played against the well on saturday

Comment

How are Ballincollig fixed this year does anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by kerryexile
            How are Ballincollig fixed this year does anyone know?
            John O'Neill is out coaching/playing with them now. Might be a good addition. Very few other additions. lost a few back to highfield..

Comment

Originally posted by snakey

From the deadsite:
              <DIV>The big shock in the Garryowen Cup was <S&#079;NG>Newport’s</S&#079;NG> 13-9 win over <S&#079;NG>Cashel.</S&#079;NG> Shane Ryan scored a try for the winners and Philip O’Brien kicked a conversion and two penalties. Pat O’Connor replied with three penalties for Cashel.</DIV>
              <DIV></DIV>
              <DIV>Three tries from David Joyce helped <S&#079;NG>Clonmel</S&#079;NG> to a 20-11 home win over <S&#079;NG>Carrick-on-Suir</S&#079;NG>. Conor Cooney kicked a conversion and a penalty. James Wallace replied with a try and two penalties for Carrick’.</DIV>
              <DIV></DIV>
              <DIV>A penalty and two drop goals by Aidan Dwyer helped <S&#079;NG>Thurles</S&#079;NG> to a 9-3 home win over <S&#079;NG>Clanwilliam</S&#079;NG>. Derek Sheilds replied with a penalty for the visitors.</DIV>

A try, conversion and two penalties by Liam Casey helped Galbally to a 13-0 victory at home to Nenagh Ormond.

Results:

Garryowen Cup:Clonmel 20,Carrick-on-Suir 11;
              Galbally 13,Nenagh Ormond 0;
              Newport 13,Cashel 9;
              Thurles 9,Clanwilliam 3;

<S&#079;NG>Junior Friendly:</S&#079;NG>Waterpark 21,Monkstown 17;

Very good win for Newport, division one is going to be very close this year, also anyone know what standard that Monkstown team is?

Would have thought Clonmel could more on Carrick but then again they have lost a few players like Neville Melbourne. Did anyone see that match. Is that David joyce who got three tries the guy who was on the juniors, didnt score many tries for them but the juniors didnt score many tries in general over the last few seasons...surprised Cashel lost they might not find the form they had in recent years!!

Comment

Originally posted by kerryexile
                Any word on how the Junior friendlies went during the weekend? Any updates on how Waterpark are going?

Mallow beat Muskerry 31-7.

Comment

Originally posted by Here comes the boom
                  Originally posted by snakey

From the deadsite:
                  <div>The big shock in the Garryowen Cup was
                  &lt;SONG&gt;Newport’s&lt;/SONG&gt; 13-9 win over
                  &lt;SONG&gt;Cashel.&lt;/SONG&gt; Shane Ryan scored a try for the
                  winners and Philip O’Brien kicked a conversion and two
                  penalties. Pat O’Connor replied with three penalties for
                  Cashel.</div>
                  <div> </div>
                  <div>Three tries from David Joyce helped
                  &lt;SONG&gt;Clonmel&lt;/SONG&gt; to a 20-11 home win over
                  &lt;SONG&gt;Carrick-on-Suir&lt;/SONG&gt;. Conor Cooney kicked a
                  conversion and a penalty. James Wallace replied with a try
                  and two penalties for Carrick’.</div>
                  <div> </div>
                  <div>A penalty and two drop goals by Aidan Dwyer helped
                  &lt;SONG&gt;Thurles&lt;/SONG&gt; to a 9-3 home win over
                  &lt;SONG&gt;Clanwilliam&lt;/SONG&gt;. Derek Sheilds replied with
                  a penalty for the visitors.</div>

A try, conversion and two penalties by Liam Casey
                  helped Galbally to a 13-0 victory at home to Nenagh
                  Ormond.

Results:

Garryowen Cup:Clonmel 20,Carrick-on-Suir
                  11;Galbally 13,Nenagh Ormond 0;Newport 13,Cashel
                  9;Thurles 9,Clanwilliam 3;   </font>

&lt;SONG&gt;Junior Friendly:&lt;/SONG&gt;Waterpark
                  21,Monkstown 17;

Very good win for Newport, division one is going to be
                  very close this year, also anyone know what standard that
                  Monkstown team is?[/P

Both Eoin & Brian Hogan (ex Shannon) are playing with
                  Monkstown.
                  Apparently they fancy their chances in Leinster.
                  I'd say Waterpark would be happy with the win as they
                  havn't won may games in the last few years albeit Ail

Would have thought Clonmel could more on Carrick but
                  then again they have lost a few players like Neville
                  Melbourne. Did anyone see that match. Is that David joyce
                  who got three tries the guy who was on the juniors, didnt
                  score many tries for them but the juniors didnt score many
                  tries in general over the last few seasons...surprised
                  Cashel lost they might not find the form they had in recent
                  years!!
                  When your right, no one remembers. When your wrong, no one forgets.

Comment

cant figure out why people seem to think waterpark are not going to be competitive this year.they have lost a few guys but still have majority of team pluslast years juniors,an u21 side to pick from and a decent coach. thats way more than most div 1 junior sides have and will easily have them in top half of table. we believe top junior teams would survive in bottom half of div 3 ail, i think its mad then to suggest bottom div 3 ail side will be bottom half junior league.i expect them to be in top 4, dont fancy them to win it but with a bit of luck they could surprise a lot of people, especially if result against monkstown is anything to go by (i know, preseason friendly).

craig doyle seemed to get good reviews after charity cup game. seems to be getting slated here.is itawaterpark thing??didnt see game so cant really comment. might have been easy for him though.looking at team sheets it looked like both sides were giving the fringe players a run.both teams had plenty of average junior players starting. probably didnt fancy being cannon fodder for con in next round!!

cant see any of the cork sides being in contention bar maybe skib. heard coppinger is doing good work down there. crosshaven, cobh and collig all losing players. crosshaven have lost all the guys they got last year back to highfield.heard cobh's backline has been wiped out. 1 or 2 gone senior and 3 gone overseas to get work. ballincollig by the looks of things will be going straight back down.not a good sign when a team gets promoted for 1st time and coach and senior players all leave.would love to know whats happening there!!

are cashel in trouble?? how are the rest of the tipp teams looking at the moment? i think the early money is on a tipp or kerry winner this year.

Comment

Regarding the Doyle brothers saga ---- I heard that Pavarotti's brother couldn't sing a note !!!![img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

Re the pre season friendlies, they mean NOTHING! Wouldn't read into any of those results. Many teams depend on GAA lads coming back in September.

By the way, spoke to an Ennis lad re Richmond game, they only had half a team out so wouldn't read into performance/result at all. One of Ennis' props finished the game in the centre so that says it all.

\"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
                        Dalai Lama

Comment

Originally posted by John123
                          Re the pre season friendlies, they mean NOTHING! Wouldn't read into any of those results. Many teams depend on GAA lads coming back in September.

By the way, spoke to an Ennis lad re Richmond game, they only had half a team out so wouldn't read into performance/result at all. One of Ennis' props finished the game in the centre so that says it all.

You sure you wernt getting him mixed up with Brian Murphy? [img]smileys/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by bobbin

You sure you wernt getting him mixed up with Brian Murphy? [img]smileys/cool.gif[/img]
                            The guy who was complimented a few posts ago? No pretty sure, Brian is actually in great shape this year which can't be said for other seasons he played. Even then for a Junior out half he was skinny!
                            \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
                            Dalai Lama

Comment

Agreed - with GAA, other commitments and teams trying out new/younger players you can't read anything into the pre-season friendlies. It's like comparing the Munster HC squad with the sides they have put out recently (well not quite - I wish we had a squad like that).
                              Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.

Comment

Great to see the interest in Junior rugby, seems to be more of an interest than that to Senior rugby [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X