Originally posted by Sulla View Post
    North Munster 16's

Nenagh survived the trip to Derryknockane yesterday and won 24-19

So with Ennis & Bruff out on top, both go straight to SF:

QF's look like
    Nenagh (3rd) v NCW (6th)
    YM (4th) v St Senan's (5th)
    To be played on the 16th
    Yes - Semi-finals to be played on 22nd/23rd with the finals scheduled for the 30th

At U18's you the following.

1st Round 16th December
    A: Shannon/St. Mary’s V Newcastle West.
    B: Richmond/UL Bohs V Bruff.
    C: Y Munster V Ennis Red.

Quarter Finals - 23rd December
    D: Old Crescent V Thomond. (I think they are actually playing this game on the 16th)
    E: Garryowen V A.
    F: B V Nenagh.
    G: Ennis Black V C.

Semifinals 27th December
    D V F
    G V E

Finals on 30th December.

Comment

Munster cup at 16s and 18s pool stages drawn

Comment

OC vs Thomond was played yesterday with OC winning by a point.
        Its deja vu all over again!!!

Comment

Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

At U18 - Young Munster vs Ennis Red played yesterday. Young Munster won 13-10 . Kicked a penalty with last kick of the game to win it.

Young Munster will now play Ennis Black in the QF next Sunday in Ennis

Comment

At U16s Nenagh beat NCW 24-19, they play Bruff, Senans conceded to YW, who go to Ennis. To be played this weekend

Comment

A positive goodwill gesture with the initiative by schools to allow paneled U15s continue to play with clubs (a few minor restrictions)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

YM beat ennis is thrilling match today 23-22. Ennis missed kick at end of game to win it. Heard from YM that ennis cross pollinated their squads (reds and blacks) between young munster games , which i think would have disqualified them if they won today. So right result in the end.

trouble brewing with schools is forcing a rethink in how they interact witch clubs.
                  basically IRFU have downgraded CBC & PBC (i have nothing official on this) to Tier 2 status.
                  IRFU have told Munster schools that their paneling policy is not working and to change it.
                  Releasing U15s from an u16 panels is a start. (Why they panel u15 players is beyond me,)

basic numbers is that 200+ player are paneled at senior cup stage by “A” schools in munster and less than 100 of these players are appearing at u20 the following year.
                  hopefully this will push schools to work with clubs in a constructive fashion and get players “meaningful “ game time.

its ludicrous that in limerick only one club field at u16 (and that’s even with loan players) while 150 panelled players are playing xbox every Sunday morning from October to January.
                  I’d hope the schools would realise its better to have them playing competitive matches every week rather than made up friendlies.
                  Heard JC & SC will be played in december next season to free up players after Xmas.

heres hoping that 2019 will see a change of direction in munster youths/schools, and start developing players for Munster Rugby and also the wider amateur game.

clubs and schools are there to develop rugby players and assist them in enjoying the game fo rugby.

the quality & quantity of youths rugby around limerick in particular needs to improve. (Young munster had 12 panelled players watching the game v ennis today !!!)

Comment

Originally posted by brightspark View Post
                    YM beat ennis is thrilling match today 23-22. Ennis missed kick at end of game to win it. Heard from YM that ennis cross pollinated their squads (reds and blacks) between young munster games , which i think would have disqualified them if they won today. So right result in the end.

trouble brewing with schools is forcing a rethink in how they interact witch clubs.
                    basically IRFU have downgraded CBC & PBC (i have nothing official on this) to Tier 2 status.
                    IRFU have told Munster schools that their paneling policy is not working and to change it.
                    Releasing U15s from an u16 panels is a start. (Why they panel u15 players is beyond me,)

basic numbers is that 200+ player are paneled at senior cup stage by “A” schools in munster and less than 100 of these players are appearing at u20 the following year.
                    hopefully this will push schools to work with clubs in a constructive fashion and get players “meaningful “ game time.

its ludicrous that in limerick only one club field at u16 (and that’s even with loan players) while 150 panelled players are playing xbox every Sunday morning from October to January.
                    I’d hope the schools would realise its better to have them playing competitive matches every week rather than made up friendlies.
                    Heard JC & SC will be played in december next season to free up players after Xmas.

heres hoping that 2019 will see a change of direction in munster youths/schools, and start developing players for Munster Rugby and also the wider amateur game.

clubs and schools are there to develop rugby players and assist them in enjoying the game fo rugby.

the quality & quantity of youths rugby around limerick in particular needs to improve. (Young munster had 12 panelled players watching the game v ennis today !!!)
                    If the kids are playing every week then there shouldnt be a problem be that in a club or school.
                    I would be disappointed and somewhat surprised if the Cork schools were downgraded and when you say tier 2 status??? Its A/B schools.
                    You can panel your junior squad so that will include under 15s would it not.
                    How many of 200+ panelled for schools senior cup are in final year of school each year so 20s isnt option for many of those playing schools rugby each year.
                    The clubs have to work with schools as well/challenge schools more.

It isnt necessarily ludicrous thaat only one club in Limerick fields at under 16 level. The kids are playing schools and while i agree the number of friendlies should be reduced but at least the Limerick schools have the city cup(league) and then minimum of 2 cup games and plenty more get 3 games in the cup.

Comment

Not all kids wanting to play rugby can or should go to rugby playing schools. Surely we want to increase the numbers playing the game, not make it harder/more elite. We need a strong club game at underage/youths level- not just strong(er) schools.

Comment

Originally posted by brightspark View Post

Tier 2, What do you mean by that? PBC and CBC are consistently the strongest and best funded schools in Munster. They are the Munster schools most likely to challenge annually the Leinster schools. I thought it was 9 A schools and then a handful of B with a large number of C/emerging schools.

Like in every competition/league some schools will not be as strong as others. Glenstal, Bandon, Ard scoil And Castletroy have smaller numbers playing compared to the others. They promote U15s to strengthen their squad id assume, it happens everywhere in every sport.

Comment

Not surprised about any of this - on the club side I hope that strong action is taken against Ennis regardless of the result.
                          As for the schools side, it is obvious that the present system does not serve Munster rugby well in terms of player development and participation. But unless the IRFU are going to back up words with actions nothing will change and given that their preferred pathway for players is school, academy and professional game I can't see that happening. Hopefully I am wrong.
                          Its deja vu all over again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent boy 2 View Post
                            Not surprised about any of this - on the club side I hope that strong action is taken against Ennis regardless of the result.
                            As for the schools side, it is obvious that the present system does not serve Munster rugby well in terms of player development and participation. But unless the IRFU are going to back up words with actions nothing will change and given that their preferred pathway for players is school, academy and professional game I can't see that happening. Hopefully I am wrong.
                            I think your completely wrong.
                            The player development through the schools isnt necessarily an issue but long term participation beyond school/college isnt great because of ties to schools and not enough to clubs during school years
                            The IRFU dont really have a preferred pathway like that. IMO.

Comment

Any thoughts on Munster Cups, Plates, Bowls so far?
                              Nenagh should qualify for knockouts in cup in both 16s and 18s or at worst a playoff.

Comment

Nenagh 16's beat Cashel/Kilfeckle this afternoon, after going 18-0 down, being skinned out wide on both wings in the first half, playing into the stiff wind in the 2nd and falling further behind to 2 excellent long range penalties, while not captilising on 2 tryline chances of their own, Nenagh woke up in the final 15 mins to score 3 tries, the final being an intercept from the halfway line with 3 minutes left to win 19-18.

Ennis won the U16 NM League last week beating Bruff, while Bruff won the U18 NM League beating YM. Both have fairly capitalised either league over the past number of years.

UL Bohs/Newport beat St Senan's in the NM U15 Conference final today.

Comment

Working...
                                X