X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do we have an MMA thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
      I wouldn't think so personally, no doubt in my mind..... but we are talking about Warren.

The recent call ups highlight the level of bias. Rhys would have benched today if Warren's mind was made up.....in my opinion.
      Don't think Webb is 100% fit is he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I think the single biggest factor that will decide next weeks result is the weather.

Dry and we lose by 20-30, wet and we lose by 5-10.

Comment

Originally posted by Yatenga View Post
          Kiwi commentators reckon Murray is nailed on - the key player for the Lions.
          The kiwi commentators are right. If Murray came from anywhere but Ireland he would he lauded as, certainly, the best scrum half in the world and possibly the best rugby player in the world. His clearing out alone was worth two scores today. It is admirable that everyone is so modest about him but he has been head and shoulders the best Lions player the last two Saturdays. Fortunately there hasn't been any of the targeting of his standing leg we saw from certain teams last season.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
            The kiwi commentators are right. If Murray came from anywhere but Ireland he would he lauded as, certainly, the best scrum half in the world and possibly the best rugby player in the world. His clearing out alone was worth two scores today. It is admirable that everyone is so modest about him but he has been head and shoulders the best Lions player the last two Saturdays. Fortunately there hasn't been any of the targeting of his standing leg we saw from certain teams last season.

The Irish media don't even realise how important Murray is to us & how good he really is, far too busy banging the sexton is best 10 in the world drum.

Comment

Be glad otherwise Joe would have him move to Dublin to play with Mr Cash

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post

Murray oozes class...when he has a 'quiet' game he's still better than most SHs in world rugby.
                Even most of the Kiwi punters recognize he's the best these days. Smith and Perenara are good but Murray is better. Pienaar is/was a great a playmaker and goal kicker but I'd take Murray ahead of him as a pure SH; he's regularly lauded for the accuracy of his box kicks but it's the precision, speed (sorry Stringer) and effortlessness of his passing that's second to none.

Comment

Wales Online starting 15 for the test match -

Mako, George, Furlong, Itoje, Kruis, POM, SOB, Toby, Murray, Sexton, Daly, Teo, Davies, Watson, Halfpenny.

Comment

From the guardian:
                    "Among the senior players bypassed by fringe internationals such as Hill, Dell and Dacey are Joe Launchbury, Marcus Horan and Dylan Hartley but Gatland has rejected Eddie Jones’s observation that additional players should have been picked on merit"
                    Marcus Horan unlucky to miss the call up!😆

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
                    If a man stands in the middle of the forest with no woman around to hear him - is he still wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
                      Wales Online starting 15 for the test match -

Mako, George, Furlong, Itoje, Kruis, POM, SOB, Toby, Murray, Sexton, Daly, Teo, Davies, Watson, Halfpenny.
                      Looks about right. Couple of possible alternatives, and a few questions about who should be on the bench, but most of the team picks itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Munster Mojo View Post
                        The Irish media don't even realise how important Murray is to us & how good he really is, far too busy banging the sexton is best 10 in the world drum.
                        Notable how the tempo decreased when Murry was substituted by the dire Laidlaw with his slow lobby pass.
                        Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Originally posted by limerickdeco View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]15778[/ATTACH]

Between that and giving CJ the shift there could be rumours starting.

Comment

[emoji23]

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3 using Tapatalk
                            He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Red October View Post
                              As with the last Lions tour, I find myself having only 1 concern: that the Irish lads make it back home safe, and physically & mentally sound.

It's a commercial sideshow with as much sporting merit as the upcoming MacGregor-Mayweather nonsense.
                              Other than it's going since 1888 and nearly every ex player says being picked for the lions was definition of being considered the elite of the elite . Sure what is willie John , martin johnson Keith wood , Gavin Hastings , Paul o Connell, Gareth Edwards etc etc opinion worth anyway

There is a Clear line developing with call ups on this and recent tours between test and non test lions now tho to be fair

Comment

I'm assuming those called up don't get the lucrative cash those named in the squad originally get. But presumably they get something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X