No announcement yet.

Lions Tour 2017 Rugby Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought it was interesting to hear the TMO schooling the ref on keeping control of players

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
      Ireland is geographically part of the archipelago known as the British Isles.

I thought Brexit meant that they were towing Britain off somewhere safe from European marauders? We'll just simply be Ireland or 'The ---- Isles.'

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
        I think the point is that he did not pick the best players in the first place. DR and Launchbury could make a difference and it is clear that the form winger is Earls - particularly compared to what they have in the squad.
        I think thats a different point, still a valid one but a different one.
        Gatlands biggest mistake has been not bringing Earls, had a great 6n still in great form and better than Nowell, Watson, Seymour, L Williams and I would say North.
        But the way we are shaping up it doesnt matter who is on the wings.

Comment

Anyway that was a good win but poor rugby. When it comes to Lions vs NZ I don't really have much loyalty and I'd simply prefer to see the team playing the best rugby to win. From what I've seen so far that means I'll be shouting for NZ unless they píss me off with more cheap head shots on kickers like the one on Tuppence today. It would be bad for rugby if the Gatland formula beats the All-Blacks.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3031.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	2492907
            employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings,so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for. "socrates"
            beware the barrenness of a busy life, "socrates "
            who are you to judge the life i live? I know i'm not perfect-and i don't live to be-but before you start pointing fingers...make sure you hands are clean." BOB MARLEY
            we are what we repeatedly do.excellance,then,is not an act,but a habit ''aristotle''

Comment

I stopped watching after that very hardh yellow. Ref was biased in favor of the lions

Comment

Originally posted by Munstersrebel View Post
                I stopped watching after that very hardh yellow. Ref was biased in favor of the lions
                So shoulders to the face are ok for you?
                Peyper was dreadful for both teams as usual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
                - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

No but thr nr9 was aiming for the torso. Because the player went down he made contact with the face.

Comment

I thought the yellow was fair enough. Agree that Peyper was poor for the game as a whole, you never really get the feeling that he's in control. No idea why someone didn't go to the bin for repeated scrum infringements either. Not particularly looking forward to him reffing the first test.
                    O'Gara with the drop at goal, has gone between the posts! Ronan O'Gara, between the posts! After about 145 phases! O'Gara between the posts!
                    - Michael Corcoran

Comment

No but thr nr9 was aiming for the torso. Because the player went down he made contact with the face.
                      He was lucky it wasn't red. No attempt to wrap the arms and shoulder straight to the head.

How the Maori escaped another yellow for constant infringement in their 22 is only known by Jaco Peyper.

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
                        Why were you not called up?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
                        [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3 using Tapatalk
                        He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

You come in with a shoulder to a dynamic situation like that you're lucky to only get a yellow. You've no idea what part of the body you're going to hit and it's extremely reckless.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
                              Good win and like last Saturday V the Crusaders the Māori were well marshalled up front.

Webb will probably start mid week with Greg filling in on the bench.... and Gatland will then decide between the two. (Murray and Webb)

Very Good chance that Conor will start with Rhys on the bench
                              Nobody playing on Tuesday will play on Saturday. Gatland is bringing in the extra players in order to rest the entire test squad.

The decision was made before this game. Murray has been streets ahead of the competition and is possible the most important player in the Lions squad.

Sexton grabbed his chance. I suspect Gatland had planned to have a look at both him and Farrell today, with the latter more likely to get the test spot, but the injury and Johnny's performance will have made that a tough call.

SOB put paid to Warburton's chances today. Had another huge game. Faletau and POM weren't as visible but they both did well. That back row will probably start the test en masse.

Comment

As with the last Lions tour, I find myself having only 1 concern: that the Irish lads make it back home safe, and physically & mentally sound.

It's a commercial sideshow with as much sporting merit as the upcoming MacGregor-Mayweather nonsense.

Comment

Working...
                                X