Lions Tour 2017 Rugby Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diarm View Post

Don't agree with Robshaw, Haskell or Halfpenny either but English press are going to English.
    Haskell will definitely go - he has become a cracking blindside

Comment

Originally posted by wp_rathead View Post
      Haskell will definitely go - he has become a cracking blindside
      Since he started playing openside?

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
        Ben Youngs has had some fairly average performances for Club so far this season.

If Webb is fit it could be Murray, Webb and Davies. Anyone fancy Laidlaw's chances?
        Finn Russell can also play 9.
        Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
          Finn Russell can also play 9.
          With Madigan there there'd be no point picking two utility half backs.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
            With Madigan there there'd be no point picking two utility half backs.
            Whammy.
            I am the million man.

Comment

Is Tadhg Furlong now a sure thing for selection? If he's minded between now and summer it could be the making of a stellar career for the Wexford man.
              Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Interesting one for Gatland. Wales could be fighting with France for the wooden spoon on the last day of the Six Nations at the rate they are going. At this rate you'd have to reckon he'd start England + maybe Sean O'Brien, Heaslip and Conor Murray. Johnny Sexton can't finish a game anymore by the look if it.
                Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
                  Interesting one for Gatland. Wales could be fighting with France for the wooden spoon on the last day of the Six Nations at the rate they are going. At this rate you'd have to reckon he'd start England + maybe Sean O'Brien, Heaslip and Conor Murray. Johnny Sexton can't finish a game anymore by the look if it.
                  Mc Grath will start at loose head I think. I think Dillane will go for the mid-week team. Murray at 9 to start. Heaslip mid-week .
                  Henshaw has a chance at 12. Sexton just hasn't the fitness for 3 tests in a row. Bench option likely.

Back row all have to be carriers with speed on the bench to change it up . So Heaslip, POM are looking at midweek team at best I think

O Brien has a chance at 6 for the tests. JVDF for the bench only maybe.

Hard to see any Irish back 3 making the test team with Hogg, North etc
                  I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

I see Mako Starting at 1, Farrell starting at 12 and Sexton duking it out with Biggar for the 10 jersey. Although all Biggar does these days is kick the ball up in the air, shout at referees and flap his arms like a penguin.

This will be an england centric squad IMO
                    I am the million man.

Comment

And still no Furlong?
                      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                        Farrell starting at 12
                        Has Gatland ever played a 2nd 5/8? He never really embraced Hook in that role. I'd say that, dependant on the 6N, Henshaw has a good shout.
                        "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Henshaw I'd say will travel and make the tests .
                          Mcgrath, Furlong, Sob, Murray, Sexton With tourist spots for Pom, Zebo, Heaslip, Toner, Dillane
                          Last edited by Benji; 21-November-2016, 11:53.
                          When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Originally posted by Benji View Post
                            Henshaw I'd say will travel and make the tests .
                            Mcgrath, Furlong, Sob, Murray, Sexton With tourist spots for Pom, Zebo, Heaslip, Toner, Dillane
                            But sewa says young Robbie ain't no good.
                            I'd be surprised to see Dillane travel ahead of Henderson and surprised if Zeebs makes the cut at all.
                            I think CJ is a sure thing.
                            Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
                              But sewa says young Robbie ain't no good.
                              I'd be surprised to see Dillane travel ahead of Henderson and surprised if Zeebs makes the cut at all.
                              I think CJ is a sure thing.
                              Dillane at least plays second row for his club when selected, Henderson rarely does. Henshaws try scoring rate is appalling for an international centre and its not like you could argue he is a Mike Catt / Giteau style distributor from 12 who creates all day long for others, his main attributes are athleticism and tackling
                              My computer thinks I'm gay
                              What's the difference anyway
                              When all the people do all day
                              Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
                                Dillane at least plays second row for his club when selected, Henderson rarely does. Henshaws try scoring rate is appalling for an international centre and its not like you could argue he is a Mike Catt / Giteau style distributor from 12 who creates all day long for others, his main attributes are athleticism and tackling
                                Henshaw plays at 12 and is primarily used for crash balls. He has an uncanny knack of scoring tries in huge games for Ireland . 12 is not a try scoring zone for a team that primarily uses kick chase to attack.

As everything sewa context is everything. Henshaw is very close to being a world class player.
                                I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Working...
                                X