Lions Tour 2017 Rugby Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
    So no win tomorrow and little chance in the series?
    NZ strong favs for the test series. Will see a team closer to a possible test selection on Sat v the Crusaders.

A defeat tomorrow will not be ideal, but will increase the pressure on WG and the squad etc.

A win on Sat would make a v strong statement with Crusaders with a 100% record in S18 this year

Comment

Not really sure what to make of this match. The Lions are kind of on a hiding to nothing. Play and win well and it's 'only' the Blues. Play poorly and/or lose and it makes for some real negativity going into the Crusaders test and unnecessary pressure.

You'd really have thought prior to the tour that the first three games are genuine warm ups. No team is ever sharp in it's first run out for the season and the Lions effectively have three 'first run outs' in a row. Add to this the fact that these are all genuinely new combinations then it makes it and even bigger ask. It's hard to see the Lions being properly cohesive in most of the warm up matches.

This is a tough ask as they are playing battle hardened Super Rugby teams. However at the same time, what's really important is a better showing in this match and probably to avoid too much negativity a win.

I still think this one will be disjointed and scrappy (hopefully not the extent of Saturdays abomination).

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin77 View Post
        Not really sure what to make of this match. The Lions are kind of on a hiding to nothing. Play and win well and it's 'only' the Blues. Play poorly and/or lose and it makes for some real negativity going into the Crusaders test and unnecessary pressure.

You'd really have thought prior to the tour that the first three games are genuine warm ups. No team is ever sharp in it's first run out for the season and the Lions effectively have three 'first run outs' in a row. Add to this the fact that these are all genuinely new combinations then it makes it and even bigger ask. It's hard to see the Lions being properly cohesive in most of the warm up matches.

This is a tough ask as they are playing battle hardened Super Rugby teams. However at the same time, what's really important is a better showing in this match and probably to avoid too much negativity a win.

I still think this one will be disjointed and scrappy (hopefully not the extent of Saturdays abomination).

There is a good chance of an ambush here alright, there is very little hope that any of the blues AB player want to hold back, where some of the Lions players will.

The blues might be the worst of the NZ team, but they were good enough to draw with the Chiefs, beat the best of Australia, and were only 4 points behind the hurricanes a few weeks back.

Comment

To put it into perspective the ONLY non NZ team that could hold their own in the NZ conference are the Lions (RSA champs). The best Aussie team would be below the Blues. So a proper opponent.
          Last edited by Munstersrebel; 7th-June-2017, 07:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Munstersrebel View Post
            Soba proper opponent.
            Proper noodle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
            - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

Wednesday morning, work and a rugby game on a stream.

This is not a time for moaning IMO, enjoy watching the game and see how the lions get on. The tour starts proper in about 10 mins.
              I am the million man.

Comment

Typo Mr Mod... you could have corrected it

Comment

Payne plays
                  I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                    Payne plays
                    And CJ

Comment

Looking forward to being able to support a team with Maro Itoje in it! Beast of a young lad, but it's hard to get behind him for England and Sarries!

Comment

Are we going to have to sit through a haka in every shagging match? I used to enjoy it but now it's being over done

Comment

Originally posted by CP09 View Post
                          Are we going to have to sit through a haka in every shagging match? I used to enjoy it but now it's being over done
                          Not every game but several of Super Rugby sides are doing one. Dont see why its an issue.

Comment

Looks as if the stadium is only half full.

Comment

Nowell fairly burned there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Haka is a sign of respect... misunderstood here

Comment

Working...
                                X