No announcement yet.

Lions Tour 2017 Rugby Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Owen Farrell came out on top as the lions tour misser of most tackles at 1.8 tackles missed per game.
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news...ectid=11888331
    Last edited by Boo-boo; 11th-July-2017, 16:20.
    Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-boo View Post
      Owen Farrell came out on top as the lions tour misser of most tackles at 1.8 tackles missed per game.
      http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news...ectid=11888331
      Dan Cole managing to concede test penalties seems even more remarkable boo
      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Anybody read Gordon Darcys column in the Irish times? They get is a fcuking crackpot. Cane an anonymous and Farrell superb apprarently. This is a guy who went on two lions tours and failed miserably in both. Really annoys me as a pundit

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
          Dan Cole managing to concede test penalties seems even more remarkable boo
          That guy is so fuppin indisciplined that he gives away penos in test matches from the stands.... jeez , and as for that guy marler, let me tell ya about him........

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Originally posted by Daithi View Post
            That guy is so fuppin indisciplined that he gives away penos in test matches from the stands.... jeez , and as for that guy marler, let me tell ya about him........
            Did they take into account the warm up games?
            Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasney View Post
              Gatland now world's best coach, says Lions boss
              Updated / Sunday, 9 Jul 2017 08:44

Lions head coach Warren Gatland
              Lions head coach Warren Gatland

Warren Gatland has been hailed as the world's best head coach by British and Irish Lions tour manager John Spencer.

Wales boss Gatland led the Lions to a hard-fought series draw in his native New Zealand, thanks to Saturday's 15-15 tie in the final Test in Auckland.

The All Blacks have already admitted the 53-year-old is on their list of targets as a potential replacement for head coach Steve Hansen, who will step down after the 2019 World Cup in Japan...

https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2017/...ys-lions-boss/
              In fairness, he did a really brilliant job with this Lions tour despite the lead in, itinerary, & refereeing of the 1St test being a total joke.

He got the players playing for each other &the team, he selecteded courageously on form, & when his initial test gameplan & selection were found wanting, he changed them decisively, and those changes made telling impacts e.g 2 playmakers in midfield, 2 open-sides in the backrow, Itoje starting etc. Yes the selection & non use of the geographical 6 was daft, and his allowance for player welfare in the final midweek match and the final test in particular was really awful, but in a tough gig he got a lot more right, and, perhaps more importantly he got results. Very impressive indeed. A fair feat, especially for a supposed clown.
              Last edited by Daithi; 12th-July-2017, 15:30.

Comment

Originally posted by wellboy View Post
                Anybody read Gordon Darcys column in the Irish times? They get is a fcuking crackpot. Cane an anonymous and Farrell superb apprarently. This is a guy who went on two lions tours and failed miserably in both. Really annoys me as a pundit
                Does him going on two tours and failing mean he's worse positioned to comment than yourself, who (presumably) never went on any?
                "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

Lions tour boosts NZ Economy by 11.3% during tour?NZ Economy Counts The Spoils Of Hosting The Lions

After recovering from the rugby, New Zealand media have been reporting on the estimated economic benefits of the Lions tour especially to cities hosting games: Auckland, Wellington, Hamilton and Christchurch.
                  An estimated 25,000 in-bound tourists descended on New Zealand for the tour with considerable domestic visitors too with Auckland estimating an influx of 14,000 non-local Kiwis for both Eden Parktests.
                  A total spend of $120m (£68.4m or €76.8m) was expected to be attributed to the Lions tour. Data from electronic payments company Paymark showed $904m was spent on food, alcohol and entertainment for the month of June - up 11.3 per cent on the same period in 2016...

http://www.runningrugby.com/events/N...ing-The-Lions/

Comment

I'm sure PRL have already sent off their invoice to the New Zealand treasury.

Comment

With these latest developments in pro12. Why would the Lions bother their backsides tour to SA in four years? A combo Argentina, Japan, Pacific Islands tour would surely be far more interesting than seeing the same teams we play week in and week out.
                      Hibernicis natione, Mumhan per gratiam Dei

Comment

Did anyone else hear a news report (newstalk wed night rugby iirc) the other day that Johnny Sexton played the last test with a broken wrist apparently !?

If it's true, I hope he is ok, and that it doesn't hamper his coming season too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Daithi View Post
                          Did anyone else hear a news report (newstalk wed night rugby iirc) the other day that Johnny Sexton played the last test with a broken wrist apparently !?

If it's true, I hope he is ok, and that it doesn't hamper his coming season too much.
                          as a player that struggles to put on and maintain weight this represents significant challenge for him. I broke my wrist 10 weeks ago and still cannot press or bench press both good mass gaining exercises.
                          Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

Comment

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/r...final-13358392

Comment

Originally posted by Oldschoolsocks View Post
                              as a player that struggles to put on and maintain weight this represents significant challenge for him. I broke my wrist 10 weeks ago and still cannot press or bench press both good mass gaining exercises.
                              That's a pity. May I suggest that if you used your other hand for self love activities, which you so obviously do alot of, that your wrist would heal that much quicker.

Also you wouldn't lose so much weight so it should be a double whammy for you really .

Comment

Thanks for that. Jeez both of those injuries sound like they will seriously disrupt his pre season training, which as any pro will tell you is the most important training you do all y year. As oss points out above(all joking aside) bench pressing with his wrist and squats with his tendon will be seriously hampered for starters.

Comment

Working...
                                X