No announcement yet.

Lions Tour 2017 Rugby Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attabhoy Paulie, just 1 Munster player late back for next season.
    Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Squad below based on 2013's positional breakdown and PP odds.

6th prop (Healy) was the only one over evens. 8 others were evens or less (names below)

Be interesting to see where the odds move between now and May. Ridiculous odds all round but for those wishing to have a bet I reckon they'll bring 6 props again which make Healy/Marler the only viable betting proposition for me.

Props (6): Furlong, MVunipola, McGrath, Cole, Nel, Healy
      Hookers (3): Best, Hartley, George
      Locks (5): WynJones, Itoje, Henderson, Kruis, JGray
      Back Row (7): BVunipola, Warburton, O’Brien, Healsip, Tipuric, Faletau, Robshaw
      SHs (3): Murray, Youngs, Webb
      OHs (2): Sexton, Ford
      Centres (4): Farrell, Henshaw, Joseph, Davies
      Wingers (4): North, Watson, Williams, May/Zebo
      Full Backs (3): Hogg, Brown, Halfpenny

(8) Stander, Haskell, Nowell, Toner, Daly, Laidlaw, Ringrose, Biggar

Comment

Originally posted by Lad View Post
        Barring injury, Liam Williams and Elliot Daly are dead certs.
        Exactly
        Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
        Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by garryowen2323 View Post
          Squad below based on 2013's positional breakdown and PP odds.

6th prop (Healy) was the only one over evens. 8 others were evens or less (names below)

Be interesting to see where the odds move between now and May. Ridiculous odds all round but for those wishing to have a bet I reckon they'll bring 6 props again which make Healy/Marler the only viable betting proposition for me.

Props (6): Furlong, MVunipola, McGrath, Cole, Nel, Healy
          Hookers (3): Best, Hartley, George
          Locks (5): WynJones, Itoje, Henderson, Kruis, JGray
          Back Row (7): BVunipola, Warburton, O’Brien, Healsip, Tipuric, Faletau, Robshaw
          SHs (3): Murray, Youngs, Webb
          OHs (2): Sexton, Ford
          Centres (4): Farrell, Henshaw, Joseph, Davies
          Wingers (4): North, Watson, Williams, May/Zebo
          Full Backs (3): Hogg, Brown, Halfpenny

(8) Stander, Haskell, Nowell, Toner, Daly, Laidlaw, Ringrose, Biggar
          Robshaw just doesn't go instead of Stander.
          And Tommy Seymour has also been omitted, he is the form winger in the British and Irish isles.

Comment

Just looking at the betting there,,,,T Bowe is 4/1 yet Earls is 10/1 !!!
            Adam byrne is the same price as Keith Earls !!!

Surely Earls is worth a tenner !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
              Controversial!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15310[/ATTACH]
              I will happily defer to POC's greater knowledge but the Itoje at 6 thing I don't get. Play him in his best position or not at all.

I thought we settled this when Matt O'Connor tried Madigan in the front row.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon View Post
                Just looking at the betting there,,,,T Bowe is 4/1 yet Earls is 10/1 !!!
                Adam byrne is the same price as Keith Earls !!!

Surely Earls is worth a tenner !!!
                Poor ol Paulie not only has Barclay in his squad, he has him starting! 12/1 ha!

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
                  I will happily defer to POC's greater knowledge but the Itoje at 6 thing I don't get. Play him in his best position or not at all.

I thought we settled this when Matt O'Connor tried Madigan in the front row.
                  It is one of the better teams I've seen but I don't know how Itoje would be a better 6 than CJ.

I can understand him trying to get Itoje into the side no matter what.

I wonder about Farrell at 12?

I'm NOT a Farrell critic like many but is he as good a defensive 12 as some of our other options?

I think defence is going to be the single key beating New Zealand myself.

I wouldn't pick any player - even in the back 3, unless they were equally good in defence as they are in attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
                    It is one of the better teams I've seen but I don't know how Itoje would be a better 6 than CJ.

I can understand him trying to get Itoje into the side no matter what.

I wonder about Farrell at 12?

I'm NOT a Farrell critic like many but is he as good a defensive 12 as some of our other options?

I think defence is going to be the single key beating New Zealand myself.

I wouldn't pick any player - even in the back 3, unless they were equally good in defence as they are in attack.
                    3 lineout jumpers. Ireland messed up the kiwi lineout in Chicago, Paulie loves an auld lineout
                    I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post

Yes, he's an excellent defender and certainly the best balance of defence with kicking and passing skills. By some distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                        3 lineout jumpers. Ireland messed up the kiwi lineout in Chicago, Paulie loves an auld lineout

Comment

McGrath, Best, Furlong, Wyn Jones, Itoje, Stander, Tipuric, Billy, Murray, Sexton, Nowell, Henshaw, Joseph, Williams, Hogg - Healy, George, Nel, Launchbury, SOB/Warburton, Youngs, Farrell, Seymour

Comment

Originally posted by Lad View Post
                            Yes, he's an excellent defender and certainly the best balance of defence with kicking and passing skills. By some distance.

Opposite SBW?

Comment

Conor Murray being touted as Lions captain. I personally can't see it but who knows.
                              Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
                                Opposite SBW?
                                It's him or Henshaw and Henshaw's in the process of having his skills hammered out of him by taking contact every ball. He might have forgotten how to pass by July.

Yes opposite SBW, and they might even win third test after NZ have won the series.

Comment

Working...
                                X