Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeepers View Post
    The Lions Tour is very lucrative. Last tour's financials:

Without the cash injection from the Lions Tour every 12 years, the SH Unions involved, would probably go belly up.
    The Euro Lions tours would still tour and generate the same amount of money.
    ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
    AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud View Post
      You got any information and data to back that claim up or is just your opinion?
      With England beating Aus in a series(for the first time) and Ireland nearly beating SA in a series (and may do yet) - even the most loyal Lions supporters must admit there is something of a credibility problem?

These are changing times - Ireland alone are a significant rugby power - why not move with the times and break the old boys network.Give Grorgia and Italy et al a slice of the pie.

We are now in the ridiculous situation where we have to talk up the Southern Hemisphere countries at our own expense to keep the Lions relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
        The Euro Lions tours would still tour and generate the same amount of money.
        You have no idea how much it would generate, none whatsoever
        My computer thinks I'm gay
        What's the difference anyway
        When all the people do all day
        Is stare into a phone

Comment

It's just the Nigelification of the Lions. Would be completely pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
            You have no idea how much it would generate, none whatsoever
            Why would it be any less?

At least the same appeal- and guaranteed the best players in the world - in every match. No lame duck Lions tours(in rugby terms) like the last one which followed Ireland beating Aus on their own in the world cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Viigand View Post
              It's just the Nigelification of the Lions. Would be completely pointless.
              Great, lets just blame the English.

The Unions could control matters - just as now.

Comment

Why would it be any less?

At least the same appeal- and guaranteed the best players in the world - in every match. No lame duck Lions tours(in rugby terms) like the last one which followed Ireland beating Aus on their own in the world cup.
                Because the world's biggest sponsors queue up for the rights to sponsor one of the games greatest events. It's a money spinner on a global level. Your mockayeah tournament wouldn't come close. Georgia and Italy ffs
                Is stare into a phone

Comment

Because the world's biggest sponsors queue up for the rights to sponsor one of the games greatest events. It's a money spinner on a global level. Your mockayeah tournament wouldn't come close. Georgia and Italy ffs
                  So you dont think a Euro Lions team, playing against NZ, AUS, SA and Argentina would be a money spinner? The best players in the world in every (Euro) Lions series playing against each other - why the feck not?

Comment

The reasons are all above if you bother to read people's responses.
                    Is stare into a phone

Comment

So you dont think a Euro Lions team, playing against NZ, AUS, SA and Argentina would be a money spinner? The best players in the world in every (Euro) Lions series playing against each other - why the feck not?
                      Would the Lions attract any major Italian or Georgian sponsors (particularly if they had very few, if any players involved). Most of their players play in France and those likely to travel would play in the top French clubs and so would be involved in Top 14 play-offs.

It would be just simpler if the B&I Lions just gave the Georgian & Italian Unions a cut of their income.

Comment

Yeah. Why don't they just give money to the GAA too while they are at it
                        Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by jeepers View Post
                          Would the Lions attract any major Italian or Georgian sponsors (particularly if they had very few, if any players involved). Most of their players play in France and those likely to travel would play in the top French clubs and so would be involved in Top 14 play-offs.

It would be just simpler if the B&I Lions just gave the Georgian & Italian Unions a cut of their income.
                          In case you hadn't noticed there is massive TV money and interest in France in rugby who are excluded from the Lions for not being currently or previously British.

Comment

The reasons are all above if you bother to read people's responses.
                            No one has said why a Euro Lions team playing under the Lions banner which is more inclusive, has better players and would be playing against stronger opposition would suddenly become less commercially attractive.

The host Southern Hemisphere countries would take it in turns to have the tours - just as now.

Comment

No one has said why a Euro Lions team playing under the Lions banner which is more inclusive, has better players and would be playing against stronger opposition would suddenly become less commercially attractive.

The host Southern Hemisphere countries would take it in turns to have the tours - just as now.
                              AG bumper off will you?

Comment

You clearly just don't get the concept. Fair enough
                                Is stare into a phone

Comment

Working...
                                X