Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XXIII men in red to beat them Kiwis under Joe in the land of the long white cloud

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    XXIII men in red to beat them Kiwis under Joe in the land of the long white cloud

    1/2p
    North
    Davies
    Tuilagi
    Bowe
    Our Jonny
    Our Conor
    Healy
    Hibbard
    Cole
    POC(c)
    Launchbury
    SOB
    Warburton
    Vunipola

    Marler
    Hartley
    Lee
    Henderson
    POM
    Webb
    Ford
    Brown
    Last edited by ustix; 5th-July-2015, 08:55.
    Gwan Joe!!

    #2
    When did you come up with this ???
    launchbury is coming back from injury - iffy for the red rose
    tuilagi isn't that good anyway, even if he can stay out of the clink
    vunipola ????

    I'll leave the rest to others.......

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by plastic View Post
      When did you come up with this ???
      launchbury is coming back from injury - iffy for the red rose
      tuilagi isn't that good anyway, even if he can stay out of the clink
      vunipola ????

      I'll leave the rest to others.......
      They'll know him as Naomh Joe the Redeemer after the event.
      Gwan Joe!!

      Comment


        #4
        If Joe Schmidt was given the Lions gig Noel Reid, Conan, Dave Kearney and Jordi Murphy would all be shoe ins for Lions Jerseys.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
          If Joe Schmidt was given the Lions gig Noel Reid, Conan, Dave Kearney and Jordi Murphy would all be shoe ins for Lions Jerseys.
          I can see Reid travelling alright. Jordi wouldn't make the test XXIII, imo, Jaime, Toby and some blondey English lad ahead of him in the back-row reckoning.
          Last edited by ustix; 5th-July-2015, 10:48.
          Gwan Joe!!

          Comment


            #6
            I'll put Stander down as a bolter now. Finn Russel could well give Jonny a run for his money as well. Can't see Hibbard being a Wales starter 2 years from now, let alone Lions and of we're going to pick Halfpenny, North and POC, then there is no point in having Vunipola ahead of Armitage

            Comment


              #7
              Whatever bromance there was surrounding this event died when Wazza dumped our Bri. Hopefully Lancaster will get the job and take mostly English players and perhaps Alistair Campbell or the Tory equivalent (if he's not in jail) - plus a couple of royals.

              If England or Ireland or Wales win the world cup - this tour will look a bit silly.

              If they dont win still no need to send 4 teams to play one.... just reinforces the inferiority complex.

              After England won the world cup in Australia this malarkey became redundant. Last time 4 teams were sent to beat Aus - who we had beaten singlehandedly in a proper competitive (world cup) match. Great junket and for going on the pop in faraway interesting places.

              Have a proper North v South two-hemisphere-go-to-war along the lines of the Ryder cup - or don't bother.
              Last edited by AdolphusGrigson; 6th-July-2015, 18:21.
              ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

              Originally Posted by mr chips
              AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
                Whatever bromance there was surrounding this event died when Wazza dumped our Bri. Hopefully Lancaster will get the job and take mostly English players and perhaps Alistair Campbell or the Tory equivalent (if he's not in jail) - plus a couple of royals.

                If England or Ireland or Wales win the world cup - this tour will look a bit silly.

                If they dont win still no need to send 4 teams to play one.... just reinforces the inferiority complex.

                After England won the world cup in Australia this malarkey became redundant. Last time 4 teams were sent to beat Aus - who we had beaten singlehandedly in a proper competitive (world cup) match. Great junket and for going on the pop in faraway interesting places.

                Have a proper North v South two-hemisphere-go-to-war along the lines of the Ryder cup - or don't bother.
                The Scots must have felt like that since their Geech got dropped but they keep turning up.
                Gwan Joe!!

                Comment


                  #9
                  This thread shows the folly of trying to predict from a long way out!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Kevin77 View Post
                    This thread shows the folly of trying to predict from a long way out!
                    To be fair, some of them were terrible predictions at the time too.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I don't know, you've got to remember it'll be Gatland picking this team.

                      I wouldn't at all be surprised to see North and one of Tuilagi or Davies start the first test. He'll probably bring Halfpenny and Conor and Sexton could well start.

                      Healy, Cole, Launchbury, SOB, Warburton and Vunipola will likely all make the match day 23. 3 or 4 of them could well start.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
                        To be fair, some of them were terrible predictions at the time too.
                        Hibbard was a poor choice, I'll grant you that.
                        Who'd have thought our Rory would be in the running? Funny old game, innit.
                        Gwan Joe!!

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I dont know about Rory for the Lions. His been playing great for Ireland but he didnt have a great tour the last time with the Lions. But not too many stand out hookers to pick from.
                          Who will be captain? Thornbury could be the man for the job. Great player and always seems to pop up in a game with important plays. Seems a decent lad when his not kicking lads in the head but we know that hasnt stopped lads from being captain before.
                          When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Either Rory or Alun-Wynn I'd say.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Benji View Post
                              I dont know about Rory for the Lions. His been playing great for Ireland but he didnt have a great tour the last time with the Lions. But not too many stand out hookers to pick from.
                              Who will be captain? Thornbury could be the man for the job. Great player and always seems to pop up in a game with important plays. Seems a decent lad when his not kicking lads in the head but we know that hasnt stopped lads from being captain before.
                              Not sure Gavin Thornbury can be held up as realistic Lions captain material unless he at least makes a few appearances for Leinster.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X