Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Lions - Should it be Canned for Good!? Time to Consign It to History?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Viigand View Post
    No, you are actually caught in a time loop where the same thread repeats itself every four years.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Doc+Brown.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	2477700

Leave a comment:

• Viigand
    replied
    No, you are actually caught in a time loop where the same thread repeats itself every four years.

Leave a comment:

• NotreDameRFC
    replied
    I must have entered an internet black hole and ended up in 2005.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by offshorerules View Post
    Pros:

The fans want it.
    The players want it.

Cons:
    We have to put up with threads like this.

+100

Leave a comment:

• sewa
    replied
    Originally posted by B.A. View Post
    I blame the israelis.
    I love the Israelis, shalom

Leave a comment:

• upandout
    replied
    Originally posted by B.A. View Post
    I blame the israelis.
    You can't just drag Heaslip into everything you know!;)

Leave a comment:

• B.A.
    replied
    I blame the israelis.

Leave a comment:

• ustix
    replied
    Originally posted by John Cooper Clarke View Post
    What has a (bad) tackle to do with scrapping future Lions Tours?
    Stop being so *&~#ing reasonable!

Leave a comment:

• Miguel Sanchez
    replied
    What has a (bad) tackle to do with scrapping future Lions Tours?

Leave a comment:

• the plastic paddy
    replied
    The Lions - Should it be Canned for Good!? Time to Consign It to History?

I am sorry if I have precipitated a row.

Leave a comment:

• The Outlaw
    replied
    Originally posted by upandout View Post
    He wears a green jersey??? I'm from Ireland. There was one man who was able to make the call; the touch judge. He didn't see things as you do. You reckon he's corrupt; I don't believe this level of corruption exists in rugby.

Here is some verification on the rule changes; http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/col...ll-injury.html

Why do you continue to watch a sport when you know the touch judges and disciplinary panels are corrupt, when you consider teams shouldn't play the All Blacks because the All Blacks always win and when you think some of the players go out with the intent to grievously harm others. How could you possibly garner any enjoyment from that? Or is all the above just related to a very specific incident???
    When did the rule that spear tackles are permitted change?
    This was a clear spear and the authorities didn't act on it.
    So what would you conclude?

Leave a comment:

• upandout
    replied
    Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
    where you say the rules on spear tackles were amended subsequently afterwards.

I played rugby for 20 years and I can't ever remember a spear tackle being nothing but illegal. Lowering as you call it is semantics. It was never legal to lift a guy up and drop him on his neck.

And for citing official afterwards to say they had no case to answer........... The idea that countries don;t close ranks around cited players is bull****. We're pretty good at doing it here too.

Do me a favour will you. If he wore a red jersey for his day job your opinion would soon change.
    He wears a green jersey??? I'm from Ireland. There was one man who was able to make the call; the touch judge. He didn't see things as you do. You reckon he's corrupt; I don't believe this level of corruption exists in rugby.

Here is some verification on the rule changes; http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/col...ll-injury.html

Why do you continue to watch a sport when you know the touch judges and disciplinary panels are corrupt, when you consider teams shouldn't play the All Blacks because the All Blacks always win and when you think some of the players go out with the intent to grievously harm others. How could you possibly garner any enjoyment from that? Or is all the above just related to a very specific incident???

Leave a comment:

• ustix
    replied
    Originally posted by Kong View Post
    He's never implied any such thing.

His theory (that a bad tackle happened in a red mist in a fired up first test without any preconceived ill intent) is a lot more likely to be true than your All Black Illuminati nonsense. What's next, citing officers on the grassy knoll?
    I wish you wouldn't drag the illuminati into it.

Leave a comment:

• The Outlaw
    replied
    where you say the rules on spear tackles were amended subsequently afterwards.

I played rugby for 20 years and I can't ever remember a spear tackle being nothing but illegal. Lowering as you call it is semantics. It was never legal to lift a guy up and drop him on his neck.

And for citing official afterwards to say they had no case to answer........... The idea that countries don;t close ranks around cited players is bull****. We're pretty good at doing it here too.

Do me a favour will you. If he wore a red jersey for his day job your opinion would soon change.

Leave a comment:

• upandout
    replied
    Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
    nothing deluded about a spear tackle not being cited. The only thing deluded is someone thinking that it was a legitimate tackle

According to you BOD may as well have picked himself up , dumped himself on his own neck from a height and then apologise to the NZ Rugby Community for having the temerity to say that maybe a spear tackle isn't legitimate!
    1) Please see below post from Kong for 'the only thing deluded is someone thinking it was a legitimate tackle'.
    2) Please quote me where I suggested BOD may as well have picked himself up. In reality; according to me Umaga, Mealamu, the TJ & the citing commissioner were not in cahoots to injure BOD.
    3) Please outline concisely and accurately the exact nature of this conspiracy to injure BOD that was concieved by Umaga, Mealamu, the TJ & the citing commissioner.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X