Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Lions - Should it be Canned for Good!? Time to Consign It to History?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kong
    replied
    Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
    nothing deluded about a spear tackle not being cited. The only thing deluded is someone thinking that it was a legitimate tackle

According to you BOD may as well have picked himself up , dumped himself on his own neck from a height and then apologise to the NZ Rugby Community for having the temerity to say that maybe a spear tackle isn't legitimate!
    He's never implied any such thing.

His theory (that a bad tackle happened in a red mist in a fired up first test without any preconceived ill intent) is a lot more likely to be true than your All Black Illuminati nonsense. What's next, citing officers on the grassy knoll?

Leave a comment:

• The Outlaw
    replied
    Originally posted by upandout View Post
    So now we've the NZRFU, the touch judge and the citing commissioner all in on the act? Does no part of this seem a bit deluded and over the top to you?
    nothing deluded about a spear tackle not being cited. The only thing deluded is someone thinking that it was a legitimate tackle

According to you BOD may as well have picked himself up , dumped himself on his own neck from a height and then apologise to the NZ Rugby Community for having the temerity to say that maybe a spear tackle isn't legitimate!

Leave a comment:

• upandout
    replied
    I'll put any theory together you like why the citing commisioner didn't cite either player. Its called Tests 2 and 3.
    So now we've the NZRFU, the touch judge and the citing commissioner all in on the act? Does no part of this seem a bit deluded and over the top to you?

Leave a comment:

• The Outlaw
    replied
    I can't even respond to that there's such a level of delusion involved. If you can put some sort of logical argument explaining why NZRFU and IRB hopped into bed to try end BODs career together I'll be mightily impressed.
    I'll put any theory together you like why the citing commisioner didn't cite either player. Its called Tests 2 and 3.

Leave a comment:

• upandout
    replied
    Bizarre conspiracy theories in a country with an unhealthy rugby obsession were a Lions series is pitched as life or death is perfectly logical.
    I can't even respond to that there's such a level of delusion involved. If you can put some sort of logical argument explaining why NZRFU and IRB hopped into bed to try end BODs career together I'll be mightily impressed.

Leave a comment:

• The Outlaw
    replied
    I can't prove it but my theory is a lot more likely than a bizarre conspiracy involving the NZRFU and the IRB. Occam's razor most likely applies here.
    Bizarre conspiracy theories in a country with an unhealthy rugby obsession were a Lions series is pitched as life or death is perfectly logical.

Leave a comment:

• upandout
    replied
    We're not going to agree on this and you can't prove you're right either.
    I can't prove it but my theory is a lot more likely than a bizarre conspiracy involving the NZRFU and the IRB. Occam's razor most likely applies here.

Leave a comment:

• The Outlaw
    replied
    The past horizontal and lowering to the ground safely measures were implemented into the rules of the game after this incident. Can you just confirm that you are actually stating that you believe Mealamu and Umaga set out to deliberately harm BOD, that the touch judge deliberately didn't report it and that the citing board were in on the act as well. In essence you're suggesting it was a combined NZ & IRB conspiracy to take BOD out of the series?
    We're not going to agree on this and you can't prove you're right either.

Leave a comment:

• upandout
    replied
    The incident speaks for itself and for a citing official to say there was no case to answer says everything.

Two guys who lifted a player beyond the horizontal and made no attempt to bring him to ground safely and a touch official who can only have had the first case of snow blindness in the rain somehow missed it.

We can all join the dots on this one.

The past horizontal and lowering to the ground safely measures were implemented into the rules of the game after this incident. Can you just confirm that you are actually stating that you believe Mealamu and Umaga set out to deliberately harm BOD, that the touch judge deliberately didn't report it and that the citing board were in on the act as well. In essence you're suggesting it was a combined NZ & IRB conspiracy to take BOD out of the series?

Leave a comment:

• The Outlaw
    replied
    You're making a pretty brave and outlandish claim that two players and a linesman were all implicit in the deliberate injuring of another player..... you really have no limits do you?
    The incident speaks for itself and for a citing official to say there was no case to answer says everything.

Two guys who lifted a player beyond the horizontal and made no attempt to bring him to ground safely and a touch official who can only have had the first case of snow blindness in the rain somehow missed it.

We can all join the dots on this one.

Leave a comment:

• sewa
    replied
    You're making a pretty brave and outlandish claim that two players and a linesman were all implicit in the deliberate injuring of another player..... you really have no limits do you?
    Blaming opposition players and officials is the standard default Outlaw setting

Leave a comment:

• upandout
    replied
    You really have no limits do you. It was a disgraceful tackle and only a fool would try to defend it because I haven't seen any angle where it looks good.
    Helped along by a touch judge who spends more time looking in the mirror then on the pitch.

Leave a comment:

• The Outlaw
    replied
    Originally posted by sewa View Post
    What a load of tosh, two players try a clear out and it went wrong. Proving pre-meditation is impossible and requires an assumption NZ were that worried about BOD which I very much doubt given they were superior in every facet of play and almost every position
    You really have no limits do you. It was a disgraceful tackle and only a fool would try to defend it because I haven't seen any angle where it looks good.
    Helped along by a touch judge who spends more time looking in the mirror then on the pitch.

Leave a comment:

• the plastic paddy
    replied
    Exactly! I don't see how you can tell from your armchair that the two NZ players were guilty of premeditation. Even if you'd conducted lengthy interviews with the involved parties and studied it properly it would be almost impossible to determine if there was any premeditation. Waxing lyrical about nods, clips and the linesman (btw is he in on the conspiracy given he was so close and didn't react to it?)

If they same thing had happened to Will Greenwood it wouldn't be getting the special attention it's being given here.
    The linesman's inactivity was related to the fact that the incident occured once the ball had clearly left the ruck and he did nothing. You clearly saw nothing wrong with what the players did so we are not going to find a lot of common ground and are down to a matter of opinion which I think we are unlikely to change in either direction

Leave a comment:

• upandout
    replied
    Originally posted by sewa View Post
    What a load of tosh, two players try a clear out and it went wrong. Proving pre-meditation is impossible and requires an assumption NZ were that worried about BOD which I very much doubt given they were superior in every facet of play and almost every position

Exactly! I don't see how you can tell from your armchair that the two NZ players were guilty of premeditation. Even if you'd conducted lengthy interviews with the involved parties and studied it properly it would be almost impossible to determine if there was any premeditation. Waxing lyrical about nods, clips and the linesman (btw is he in on the conspiracy given he was so close and didn't react to it?)

If they same thing had happened to Will Greenwood it wouldn't be getting the special attention it's being given here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X