Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Lions - Should it be Canned for Good!? Time to Consign It to History?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upandout
    replied
    Example below taken from following link; http://www.centenaryofrugbyleague.co...-injuries.aspx Should we ban family bbqs.....?

4. David Kidwell
    One of South Sydney’s big-name recruits in 2007, Kidwell was forced to undergo a knee reconstruction after tripping over his two-year-old daughter at a family barbecue.

Leave a comment:

• Kong
    replied
    Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
    That's quite a responsibility you're taking on. Talking the four unions out of an endeavour that is profitable and massively popular with fans and players alike.

How would you suggest that the already pressured IRFU supplement the income that you're criticising them for chasing?
    Raise the cost of tickets to Ireland games by €200 a head.

Pay the players in unsold Ryan O'Shaughnessy albums.

Win every H-Cup, RWC and Amlin Challenge cup between now and 2090.

Get Bono to sponsor every rugby team in the country, at gun point if necessary - we're desperate.

Rename the British & Irish Lions as the Irish CelticEire32NotEnglishWolfhounds + Foreign Buddies XV.

The Lions can remain but it's now a non-contact touch under 8's game. All players must wear full inflatable sumo suits and American football helmets to avoid injury just in case they end up playing for Ireland in the future.

Leave a comment:

• sewa
    replied
    Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
    That's quite a responsibility you're taking on. Talking the four unions out of an endeavour that is profitable and massively popular with fans and players alike.

How would you suggest that the already pressured IRFU supplement the income that you're criticising them for chasing?
    The four or five posters on here who arent interested will make up the shortfall

Leave a comment:

• Balla Boy
    replied
    Originally posted by the stag View Post
    This same 'nonsense' needs to be repeated time after time until the message sinks in. Calling fans 'dishonest' because they make the effort to think for themselves & not go with a lemming like group think mentality is showing you up to be what you really are. I stand by what I wrote, that the lions in the pro era is JUST about the money. Nothing else. Another thing, please take 'Rog is godlike''s advise to keep insults out of discussion.

Leave a comment:

• Dougie the Flanker
    replied
    I can accept that it can disrupt RWC preparations but not really by that much.

I don't see any other real reasons for doing away with it.

If anyone has been on a tour they will understand. Its an amazing experience - I did 4 weeks down there. Most fans love it, the players love it, the unions love it, the media loves it - a clear winner.

Any competition is JUST about the money. Look at the Heineken Cup negotiations. Look at the South Africans proposing to pull out of the Super 15. Look at the continued rumours of an Anglo-French alliance.

So yes the Lions stays because it generates money. The reason it generates money is that its very popular with both old and new fans.

Leave a comment:

• the stag
    replied
    Originally posted by sewa View Post
    Jeebus you really needed to paraphrase the same nonsense this site has been full of all summer from the dishonest fans, nothing new to add?
    This same 'nonsense' needs to be repeated time after time until the message sinks in. Calling fans 'dishonest' because they make the effort to think for themselves & not go with a lemming like group think mentality is showing you up to be what you really are. I stand by what I wrote, that the lions in the pro era is JUST about the money. Nothing else. Another thing, please take 'Rog is godlike''s advise to keep insults out of discussion.

Leave a comment:

• sewa
    replied
    Ah, misread that

Leave a comment:

• Boxing Donkey
    replied
    in 2015?

Leave a comment:

• sewa
    replied
    Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
    Surely they haven't stuck another fecking tour in.
    You know there are more than one tours already paid for, stop acting thick

Leave a comment:

• the plastic paddy
    replied
    The Lions - Should it be Canned for Good!? Time to Consign It to History?

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
    You should seek gainful employment as the new Lions Alastair Campbell for 2015
    Surely they haven't stuck another fecking tour in, that would really feck up the RWC campaign although a lot of the honest fans seem to think Ireland can't compete by themselves against SH opposition so we shouldn't even turn up. Hope St Joe doesn't have such a defeatist attitude.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X