Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Lions - Should it be Canned for Good!? Time to Consign It to History?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
    We're not going to agree on this and you can't prove you're right either.
    I can't prove it but my theory is a lot more likely than a bizarre conspiracy involving the NZRFU and the IRB. Occam's razor most likely applies here.

Comment

Originally posted by upandout View Post
      I can't prove it but my theory is a lot more likely than a bizarre conspiracy involving the NZRFU and the IRB. Occam's razor most likely applies here.
      Bizarre conspiracy theories in a country with an unhealthy rugby obsession were a Lions series is pitched as life or death is perfectly logical.
      I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Bizarre conspiracy theories in a country with an unhealthy rugby obsession were a Lions series is pitched as life or death is perfectly logical.
        I can't even respond to that there's such a level of delusion involved. If you can put some sort of logical argument explaining why NZRFU and IRB hopped into bed to try end BODs career together I'll be mightily impressed.

Comment

I can't even respond to that there's such a level of delusion involved. If you can put some sort of logical argument explaining why NZRFU and IRB hopped into bed to try end BODs career together I'll be mightily impressed.
          I'll put any theory together you like why the citing commisioner didn't cite either player. Its called Tests 2 and 3.
          I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

I'll put any theory together you like why the citing commisioner didn't cite either player. Its called Tests 2 and 3.
            So now we've the NZRFU, the touch judge and the citing commissioner all in on the act? Does no part of this seem a bit deluded and over the top to you?

Comment

So now we've the NZRFU, the touch judge and the citing commissioner all in on the act? Does no part of this seem a bit deluded and over the top to you?
              nothing deluded about a spear tackle not being cited. The only thing deluded is someone thinking that it was a legitimate tackle

According to you BOD may as well have picked himself up , dumped himself on his own neck from a height and then apologise to the NZ Rugby Community for having the temerity to say that maybe a spear tackle isn't legitimate!

Comment

nothing deluded about a spear tackle not being cited. The only thing deluded is someone thinking that it was a legitimate tackle

According to you BOD may as well have picked himself up , dumped himself on his own neck from a height and then apologise to the NZ Rugby Community for having the temerity to say that maybe a spear tackle isn't legitimate!
                He's never implied any such thing.

His theory (that a bad tackle happened in a red mist in a fired up first test without any preconceived ill intent) is a lot more likely to be true than your All Black Illuminati nonsense. What's next, citing officers on the grassy knoll?
                To The Brave And The Faithful, Nothing Is Unpublishable.

Comment

1) Please see below post from Kong for 'the only thing deluded is someone thinking it was a legitimate tackle'.
                  2) Please quote me where I suggested BOD may as well have picked himself up. In reality; according to me Umaga, Mealamu, the TJ & the citing commissioner were not in cahoots to injure BOD.
                  3) Please outline concisely and accurately the exact nature of this conspiracy to injure BOD that was concieved by Umaga, Mealamu, the TJ & the citing commissioner.

Comment

where you say the rules on spear tackles were amended subsequently afterwards.

I played rugby for 20 years and I can't ever remember a spear tackle being nothing but illegal. Lowering as you call it is semantics. It was never legal to lift a guy up and drop him on his neck.

And for citing official afterwards to say they had no case to answer........... The idea that countries don;t close ranks around cited players is bull****. We're pretty good at doing it here too.

Do me a favour will you. If he wore a red jersey for his day job your opinion would soon change.

Comment

Originally posted by Kong View Post
                      He's never implied any such thing.

His theory (that a bad tackle happened in a red mist in a fired up first test without any preconceived ill intent) is a lot more likely to be true than your All Black Illuminati nonsense. What's next, citing officers on the grassy knoll?
                      I wish you wouldn't drag the illuminati into it.
                      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

where you say the rules on spear tackles were amended subsequently afterwards.

I played rugby for 20 years and I can't ever remember a spear tackle being nothing but illegal. Lowering as you call it is semantics. It was never legal to lift a guy up and drop him on his neck.

And for citing official afterwards to say they had no case to answer........... The idea that countries don;t close ranks around cited players is bull****. We're pretty good at doing it here too.

Do me a favour will you. If he wore a red jersey for his day job your opinion would soon change.
                        He wears a green jersey??? I'm from Ireland. There was one man who was able to make the call; the touch judge. He didn't see things as you do. You reckon he's corrupt; I don't believe this level of corruption exists in rugby.

Here is some verification on the rule changes; http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/col...ll-injury.html

Why do you continue to watch a sport when you know the touch judges and disciplinary panels are corrupt, when you consider teams shouldn't play the All Blacks because the All Blacks always win and when you think some of the players go out with the intent to grievously harm others. How could you possibly garner any enjoyment from that? Or is all the above just related to a very specific incident???

Comment

He wears a green jersey??? I'm from Ireland. There was one man who was able to make the call; the touch judge. He didn't see things as you do. You reckon he's corrupt; I don't believe this level of corruption exists in rugby.

Here is some verification on the rule changes; http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/col...ll-injury.html

Why do you continue to watch a sport when you know the touch judges and disciplinary panels are corrupt, when you consider teams shouldn't play the All Blacks because the All Blacks always win and when you think some of the players go out with the intent to grievously harm others. How could you possibly garner any enjoyment from that? Or is all the above just related to a very specific incident???
                          When did the rule that spear tackles are permitted change?
                          This was a clear spear and the authorities didn't act on it.
                          So what would you conclude?

Comment

The Lions - Should it be Canned for Good!? Time to Consign It to History?

I am sorry if I have precipitated a row.

Comment

What has a (bad) tackle to do with scrapping future Lions Tours?
                              Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                              Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by John Cooper Clarke View Post
                                What has a (bad) tackle to do with scrapping future Lions Tours?
                                Stop being so *&~#ing reasonable!
                                Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Working...
                                X