Lions v's Aus 3rd Test Sydney

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kahalui View Post
    Anyone else watch the lions tests on fox sports2?

The commentary from Horan, Clark, Kafer and Sharpe was excellent.
    No bias, no player favorites... just knowledgeable and coherent analysis from start to finish.
    My North American broadcaster (the channel formerly known as Setanta) used their feed. I agree it was excellent. Hard to believe Horan et al are actually Australian. Much more measured than any shrimp eaters I have ever met!

Comment

Originally posted by bongyhead View Post
      My North American broadcaster (the channel formerly known as Setanta) used their feed. I agree it was excellent. Hard to believe Horan et al are actually Australian. Much more measured than any shrimp eaters I have ever met!
      Yep, I had their commentary too and it was excellent. Sky could learn so much from their sister broadcaster.

Comment

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rug...ert-throw.html
        Ta an draoicht ar ais aris

Comment

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/c...ns-236359.html Sorry if it has been posted. Good piece though.
          He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Good article, thanks for posting
            My computer thinks I'm gay
            What's the difference anyway
            When all the people do all day
            Is stare into a phone

Comment

POC has the little Englanders rattled after saying dropping BOD was wrong this morning.

I was indifferent to the call, but Gatland wasn't vindicated in anything in beating one of the worst Australian sides in living memory, and that call in particular had no impact on the improvement.

#whenfourbecomeone

#seaofred

#wereallinthistogether
              "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

It says alot about how incredibly naive people are that BOD being dropped has become a bigger deal than the lions winning the a series for the first time since 1997.

Comment

Originally posted by etcpostmaster View Post
                  It says alot about how incredibly naive people are that BOD being dropped has become a bigger deal than the lions winning the a series for the first time since 1997.
                  To be fair to go to SA and beat a top class SA side was a seriously bigger achievement then to go to Oz against an average badly coached team that couldn't prop up a wall at scrum time. Probably why the BOD got so much air-time- the quality of rugby on the Tour certainly wouldn't have people talking at length
                  I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by etcpostmaster View Post
                    I think it shows that its just a pissing contest over selection for the vast majority of fans, and that few care about the actual outcome.
                    "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

Agreed TT, some of the bored lunatics cant help themselves
                      Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by tickettout
                        If people don't like the Lions then they should stay off the threads please.
                        Are you for real or is this just a wind up? Serious question BTW (and I hope its the latter: its not a very good wind up but the other scenario is scary)

Comment

Scary? Get off the stage / thread
                          Is stare into a phone

Comment

Article here which says that Gatty dropped BOD because he was 'cowing the men inside him'.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/opinion...ve-for-Gatland

I did not agree with dropping O'Driscoll for the final Lions test, but here is an insight into Gatland's thinking. Yes, we know that he wanted Jonathan Davies's left foot, he has already explained that. But in the second test, O'Driscoll was barking Davies out and the younger man was shrivelling. Johnny Sexton was also not at his best. Gatland is prepared to take the hard calls, if he thinks it's right for the team. He did not take Shaun Edwards, his right-hand man for 10 years, to Australia because he thought it was best for the team. That was an incredibly difficult conversation for him.

He then dropped O'Driscoll because he thought the senior statesman was cowing the men inside him. Gatland wanted Sexton to step up. He wanted Davies to play like he can. And the best way he saw was to drop O'Driscoll.

Comment

Working...
                            X