No announcement yet.

Lions v's Aus 3rd Test Sydney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will be both a blessing and curse that POC won't be playing next weekend.
    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
      It will be both a blessing and curse that POC won't be playing next weekend.

Crisi-tunity!
      I am the million man.

Comment

BOD shouldn't be starting, offers nothing in attack.

Roberts, Davies to start.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post

Heaslip to Captain?

EDIT forgot about AWJ!
          Last edited by Cowboy; 29th-June-2013, 15:38.
          I am the million man.

Comment

Lions tactics are the problem...I don't see wholesale changes bar for injuries (bringing in corisbiro ata LH)...those attacking BOD for no line breaks just don't get it....there isn't a snowballs chance in hell he'll be dropped...he stands out as one of the real class acts...the fact that Gatty wants to play bish bash isn't his fault...Roberts is one dimensional but is better than Davies or Manu ...if either fit I expect one to start and other on bench...Lions could have won the game glad they didn't down to poor tactics...and gatttys bish bash philosophy which pays off and certainly keeps games close...Lions have lost POC and wouldn't underestimate the impact that has..1/2p is putting in one of the best kicking displays since his mentor Jenkins...good footballer to pity he's not allowed to attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post

Roberts hasnt trained in two weeks. hell of a gamble because you have to carry a 12 on the bench instead of a gamebreaker
              I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

SOB, Murray and Roberts would offer a lot of the physicality that was lacking today. Roberts would be a big risk though.

Key thing for me is the pack playing a bit tighter and as a unit. Huge amount of slow ball shovelled out to the backs today. Need to go through the middle a bit more and get in behind them.

Comment

Heaslip has to start, he has been the most consistent player over the 2 tests so far.
                  The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

Originally posted by Bosco View Post
                    Heaslip has to start, he has been the most consistent player over the 2 tests so far.
                    Thought the whole back row played well but they need another ball carrier. Not enough go-forward from the rest of the pack. Wouldn't be necessary if Healy and POC were fit but SOB has to start for Lydiate or Warburton. The latter if injured, the former if not. In fairness, Seanie has more than earned it.

Comment

Originally posted by tickettout
                      Gatland has to make changes.
                      I'd go with a backrow of Lydiate,SOB & Faletau if Warburton is out.
                      Our midfield isn't firing so we have to make a change there.

Murray or Phillip at 9.
                      Agreed, especially on the backrow. Heaslip was good today - that he chose the day there were two grafters to start grafting instead of carrying just throws the question of why he didn't graft last week into sharper relief - but if there's one thing certain it's that losing POC crippled that pack in terms of carrying, and the set piece. AWJ was a Trojan, but without POC it was too big an ask and he didn't get carrying (Parling was very anonymous). We need more heavy-traffic carriers: SOB did well at this, filling what was Wally's role on the last tour, and we need another. That's Faletau.

It is harsh to say I'd drop Heaslip after his best performance since before Hogg could have a pint. But it's horses for courses, and we need a low-gear, high-torque shifter, rather than a high-gear speedster carrier.
                      Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Originally posted by HenryFitz View Post
                        Has to be some drastic surgery for this game. The Lions' only attacking tactics were kicking the ball in the air or knocking it on in Australian territory.

Bowe and North will probably stay because they're not responsible for the rubbish inside them. Two successive games BOD and Davies have looked mis-matched and innocuous in attack. Roberts and Tuilagi will at least get the side over the gain-line and beat defenders.

The back-row did well defensively but were anonymous in attack. If Warburton is gone, then I'd want to bring in O'Brien to make the yards in tight. If Gatland goes with Tipuric, then Faletau should come in. Tipuric might bring some sorely-needed creativity to the centres.

The line-out was poor. The front five aren't used for much in Gatland's system other than trucking up slow ball and clearing rucks, and they weren't effective in either facet. Youngs was on the back-foot a lot and he's not a back-foot scrum half. There don't look to be many options within the squad who can change things significantly there. Think Gatland might just hope for a better performance next week.
                        I doubt Gatland will show so much ambition. Playing rugby has not been in the play book so far and it's unlikely the coaches will write a new chapter next week. More 10-man rugby and backs-to-the-wall heroics, which they might get away with if Dingo persists with JOC at 10. Only exercise the wingers will get is chasing garryowens.

Comment

Originally posted by Bash View Post
                          After all ive seen of these hookers, best deserves a bench spot aswell!
                          perhaps we could have a Sexton/halfpenny formula for Best. Don't let him throw the line out.
                          Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Remember Genia bossed that game on one knee today. If he's right next week, then it's over and done.

And if it is, a large chunk of that loss of a very winnable series will be down to down to selection. Croft over POM's relentless dog looks worse with every game. Youngs over Murray... The Sky Spurts effect hits home once again.
                            Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Was talking today about the Irish captaincy next season. Is POM the man?

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
                                Was talking today about the Irish captaincy next season. Is POM the man?
                                Are you a journo?
                                "I can't say, I'm the referee, I'm not your coach" - Romain Poite

Comment

Working...
                                X