Lions v's Aus 3rd Test Sydney

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lions v's Aus 3rd Test Sydney

Can't wait to be at the game......will be nerve wracking to beat the band....

Team has to be -

Corbisiero (if fit)/Mako
    Youngs
    Jones
    AWJ
    Parling
    Lydiate
    Warburton (if fit/)/SOB
    Heaslip
    Murray
    Sexton
    Bowe
    Roberts(if fit)/Manu/Davies
    BOD
    North
    Halfpenny
    Subs -
    Mako/Grant
    Hibbard
    Evans
    SOB/Tipuric
    Philips
    Farrel
    Manu/Zebo

BOD to captain if Warburton Is out.

Badly need Corbiseiro and Roberts fit.

Murray needs to start with Sexton.

Comment

Originally posted by Aussiedub View Post
      Can't wait to be at the game......will be nerve wracking to beat the band....

Team has to be -

Corbisiero (if fit)/Mako
      Youngs
      Jones
      AWJ
      Parling
      Lydiate
      Warburton (if fit/)/SOB
      Heaslip
      Murray
      Sexton
      Bowe
      Roberts(if fit)/Manu/Davies
      BOD
      North
      Halfpenny
      Subs -
      Mako/Grant
      Hibbard
      Evans
      SOB/Tipuric
      Philips
      Farrel
      Manu/Zebo
      SOB deserves a start no? You forgot a sub btw..cole??
      "I can't say, I'm the referee, I'm not your coach" - Romain Poite

Comment

If Warburton isn't fit BOD will be captain (that's got to be the safest bet ever) and personally I'd go with SOB if he can do his limpet impression from the other summer against NZ. Shame but Tipuric seems to have fallen at the wayside and I'd ask (again) what else has happened there cos last couple of games he's totally lacked the spark - maybe he knew he had no hope of making the tests no matter.

They need to do something with the midfield - I'd even say consider this as the match to play North there. It's **** or get off the pot time and the current midfield isn't doing anything special.
        \"A million monkeys with a million crayons would be hard-pressed in a million years to create anything as cretinous as Battlefield Earth.\"

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Omer View Post
          If Warburton isn't fit BOD will be captain (that's got to be the safest bet ever) and personally I'd go with SOB if he can do his limpet impression from the other summer against NZ. Shame but Tipuric seems to have fallen at the wayside and I'd ask (again) what else has happened there cos last couple of games he's totally lacked the spark - maybe he knew he had no hope of making the tests no matter.

They need to do something with the midfield - I'd even say consider this as the match to play North there. It's **** or get off the pot time and the current midfield isn't doing anything special.
          They could do with a 9 who gives good quick ball for a start....

Comment

Zebo to bench and score the winning try.
            Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Roberts is badly missed.
              Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
              Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

POC to captain
                The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

Originally posted by Bash View Post
                  SOB deserves a start no? You forgot a sub btw..cole??
                  Forgot about Cole....

Won't start ahead of Lydiate/Warburton if both fit so would have him on bench.

Comment

Down to hunger now, who wants it more. If he hadn't cracked the arm I'd have said advantage Paulie. He's hewn from these situations.

Really hope there's some moves being stored up and equally hope we see a deeper squad to select from, not shallower.

There is decidedly little between these two sides.
                    I am the million man.

Comment

After all ive seen of these hookers, best deserves a bench spot aswell!

Comment

Murray to start.

Novenas to be said for Corbisiero (a better scrum in the first quarter today and the series would be in the bag).

Davies/Bod isn't working. Not a hint of a midfield break in two tests. BOD to twelve, Tuilagi to 13 if Roberts isn't fit.

Zebo ahead of Bowe.
                        "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Has to be some drastic surgery for this game. The Lions' only attacking tactics were kicking the ball in the air or knocking it on in Australian territory.

Bowe and North will probably stay because they're not responsible for the rubbish inside them. Two successive games BOD and Davies have looked mis-matched and innocuous in attack. Roberts and Tuilagi will at least get the side over the gain-line and beat defenders.

The back-row did well defensively but were anonymous in attack. If Warburton is gone, then I'd want to bring in O'Brien to make the yards in tight. If Gatland goes with Tipuric, then Faletau should come in. Tipuric might bring some sorely-needed creativity to the centres.

The line-out was poor. The front five aren't used for much in Gatland's system other than trucking up slow ball and clearing rucks, and they weren't effective in either facet. Youngs was on the back-foot a lot and he's not a back-foot scrum half. There don't look to be many options within the squad who can change things significantly there. Think Gatland might just hope for a better performance next week.

Comment

Zebo's big boot could have helped today.
                            I am the million man.

Comment

SOB was the best carrier today when he came on. The attack is bloody crying out for him... With the grace of God Roberts will be back. Murray might have a start and Pikey on bench at least. Best should be on the bench if youngs injuy rules him out! Midfield our biggest problem. Any change at loosehead is needed!

Comment

Working...
                              X