Where to watch the match in Strandhill?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to watch the match in Strandhill?

Always wanted to start one of these threads.

Anyone around here with a knowledge of Strandhill? Heading for a golfing/surfing/drinking weekend with a couple of mates this evening and looking for somewhere that will be showing the game. I'd imagine it should be handy enough to find somewhere but I don't want to arrive and discover that everyone thinks the Lions is the nickname of the Enniscrone Kilglass Junior A half back line.

Suggestions please webmong!
    "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Webmong? Tut tut.
    Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
    Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

The pub beside the beach in strandhill showed a hec game when I was there a few years ago iirc. Give them a ring 0719168140.
      Otherwise head into sligo town and the quays bar definitely has sky sports.
      The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
      - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

Hopefully be surfing there myself on Monday.

Comment

The Strand bar, Strandhill, showing the game tomorrow for sure - right on the prom.

Alternatively... http://www.sligorfc.ie/2013/06/21/bi...ralia-v-lions/
          Last edited by Crua; 21st-June-2013, 10:42.

Comment

Cheers for that lads, The Strand Bar is quite close to where we're staying so that looks a winner.
            "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Lovely pub as well. Used to go there a lot in the autumn. 1-2 hours in the water and then into the bar for pints by the fire.

Comment

Bring STG£!
                Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenta View Post
                  Cheers for that lads, The Strand Bar is quite close to where we're staying so that looks a winner.
                  Will the morning start with 'free-balling' in the Atlantic then the match?
                  Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-boo View Post
                    Will the morning start with 'free-balling' in the Atlantic then the match?
                    No point in heading for the Atlantic coast without indulging in a little early morning free-balling I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                    X