No announcement yet.

Any Munster/Irish fans heading on tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Rebels Stadium is a proper rectangular pitch and not a oval. Only need 15 000 to sound like 30k. Also the fake atmosphere at Suncorp for the Reds is annoying. Pre recorded crowd chanting "We are Red" is misleading when watching a game from QLD

Agree for the test Suncorp is better than Ethihad.
    Every Dog has it's Day

Comment

Oh yes I know AAMI is rectangular. I've been there many times. That's what I love about there, Suncorp and SFS. Proper rugby pitches. I've only been to Suncorp for Test (or Lions) matches so not sure what it's like for a Super Rugby game. ANZ is a disaster when there's nothing really at stake (basically everything bar Origin games)

Comment

Yeah, I have now only one stadium in Australia to tick off the list and that is Perth.

My rankings go:

Aami park (little biased)
        Suncorb
        Canberra Stadium (Although its freezing)
        SFS
        Anz
        Ethihad (Horrible for rugby)

Crowds in Sydney are generally poor, they where saying on another forum how good the crowd was at the Warratahs v Rebels earlier in the year where I was really disappointed with the Atmosphere.

Do recommend Forsyth Barr Stadium (Dunedin) to anybody who ever gets the chance.
        Every Dog has it's Day

Comment

Originally posted by Kevino View Post
          Yeah, I have now only one stadium in Australia to tick off the list and that is Perth.

My rankings go:

Aami park (little biased)
          Suncorb
          Canberra Stadium (Although its freezing)
          SFS
          Anz
          Ethihad (Horrible for rugby)

Crowds in Sydney are generally poor, they where saying on another forum how good the crowd was at the Warratahs v Rebels earlier in the year where I was really disappointed with the Atmosphere.

Do recommend Forsyth Barr Stadium (Dunedin) to anybody who ever gets the chance.
          Which one in Perth Kevino? NIB is decent enough. Subiaco is awful for rugby though. I'd have SFS above Canberra.

I second your Dunedin recommendation but make sure it's during uni season. Unreal craic!

Comment

NIB, would not waste time going over to Subiaco for rugby.

Reason Canberra is above SFS is the atmosphere was way better, Brumbies fans where right behind there team for the 80 minutes where the Tahs fans where pretty useless to be honest. SFS is handy for near by pubs and distance to the CBD compared with ACT.
            Every Dog has it's Day

Comment

This was going to be greeting Lions fans flying into Melbourne in a near by farm. But Melbourne politicians don't have a sense of humor and have ordered for it to be cleared straight away. 90 x 170 meters roughly on
              Last edited by Kevino; 21st-June-2013, 09:35.
              Every Dog has it's Day

Comment

Planning on going to NZ for the 2017 tour and was looking at going with the official Lions website who will be offering packages in dec or early 2016 , its a 250 pound deposit per head which is fully refundable if they don't have the required package.

Has anyone gone that route before as I have heard its expensive but very reliable and well run????

Comment

We've (myself and the OH and the inlaws) have all booked with Gullivers before and they are very well run! It is an expensive tour but well worth every penny.
                  Stand up and fight

Comment

For the organisation, no hassle it's worth it. Some folk like to travel on a package, I know if it was myself I'd rather have someone looking after me, rather having to deal with the stress of sorting it all out.
                    Stand up and fight

Comment

What prices are Gullivers offering this time around? With the euro being so weak it may be quite pricey.

Comment

Originally posted by Viigand View Post
                        What prices are Gullivers offering this time around? With the euro being so weak it may be quite pricey.
                        Agreed, might be better to use TB tours
                        Stand up and fight

Comment

Anyone heading on this one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm travelling for this one :_wave__rvmp_by_bad_ and really looking forward to 4 weeks of a break in a great Country, and of course the Rugby.

Comment

Working...
                            X